The Mourinho Thread

Klopp would be more than suitable tbh. I feel like he'd properly unlock Eden's potential.

But you have to ask - Is the current crop of players suitable to play Klopp's style? We wouldn't want another AVB situation like we had 2-3 years ago and there were even accusations that Klopp didn't know how to change or what to do when his playing style wasn't working anymore for Dortmund last season.

I feel like Klopp needs another managerial position before he steps up to the Madrid/Barcelona/Chelsea's of the world. See if he can adapt to another league and still demonstrate the same attributes that made him a success at Dortmund

From the BBC interview:

Interviewer: Southampton also questioned about having penalties in the first half...

Mourinho: I prefer not to comment. [leaves]

Really Mourinho? You were slagging off the ref because you think refs are scared to give us a penalty but Southampton also had strong penalty shouts and they also didn't get!

You are not being honest Jose, you are looking more arrogant and ignorant than ever.

Not sure why that needs to be pointed out. We know managers always turn a blind eye when a decision goes against the opposition/in their favor. Nothing new here and certainly not when it involves Mourinho.

But you have to ask - Is the current crop of players suitable to play Klopp's style? We wouldn't want another AVB situation like we had 2-3 years ago and there were even accusations that Klopp didn't know how to change or what to do when his playing style wasn't working anymore for Dortmund last season.

I definitely think so.

The only player who is clearly not suited to his system would be Cesc, because he cannot press to save his life, but Costa, Oscar, Willian, Matic all are capable ball winners and pressers. We even have the athletic and mobile Fullbacks too in Baba and Azpi.

I think we would immediately see a change to our attacking play under Klopp. The tempo and build up would surely improve. Also think he'd utilize Baba straight away and let Ivanovic go at the end of the season. Not sure a player like Fabregas would suit his style at all so that would be a big problem.

Again, this will be the problem with anyone we bring in if José is sacked. He's got loads of guys that perfectly suit HIS football so whoever we get will need at LEAST a couple of transfer windows to create their team.

The manager can only do so much. At some point it falls on the players shoulders. Cesc has been pitiful. Matic is unrecognizable. So the middle of our team has been gutted which puts more pressure on everyone else. Then everyone on this forum is pissing and moaning about Ivan which is fair. But did it ever occur that he might truly be the best option (as scary as that sounds)? Baba has hardly looked convincing in his few appearances.

We had a whole transfer window to strengthen the team and did almost nothing. Fairly confident that if Jose had carte blance he would've brought more players in...so not sure he's entirely to blame here.

I definitely think so.

The only player who is clearly not suited to his system would be Cesc, because he cannot press to save his life, but Costa, Oscar, Willian, Matic all are capable ball winners and pressers. We even have the athletic and mobile Fullbacks too in Baba and Azpi.

But what about the center backs? We can't have slow and reactive defenders in the back 4 if we're going to go down that route and if that playing style can't be sustained, can Klopp find another way to make things work? His last season at Dortmund suggests 'No'. We wouldn't want a manager who knows only one way of playing and has no idea what to do when that style isn't working.

I think we would immediately see a change to our attacking play under Klopp. The tempo and build up would surely improve. Also think he'd utilize Baba straight away and let Ivanovic go at the end of the season. Not sure a player like Fabregas would suit his style at all so that would be a big problem.

Again, this will be the problem with anyone we bring in if José is sacked. He's got loads of guys that perfectly suit HIS football so whoever we get will need at LEAST a couple of transfer windows to create their team.

That's likely to happen regardless of who we replace Mourinho with. But here's the thing, the players' improvement then might have more gotta do with the old manager going and a new one coming in and they are just reacting to that change before everything goes back to the dull state again.

I don't think sacking Mourinho right now would be the best choice - give him until January, I say. Even at this early point of the season, I don't think we're going to finish at the top, so what's the worst that could happen? If stability is truly what we're after then the man who's won the title thrice with us deserves until January. He OBVIOUSLY wants to stay here, and if Abramovich talks to Jose about the teams playstyle I don't understand why he wouldn't change it.

I think what we really need to do is get rid of deadwood and for the meantime use our academy, the likes of Baker/RLC/Solanke are definitely ready, willing, and able and more importantly infinitely better than Ramires/Mikel/Falcao/Cuadrado etc.

But the irony. He said he'll never run away, but then runs away when he's asked about the Southampton penalty shouts.

You're now just taking his words out of context. When Mourinho said he won't run away, he meant he won't leave the job on his own accord.

There is no comeback for Mourinho. I like to believe but it won't happen because he has shown no sign of that. People who are defending him, did you even read his post-match comments? When he is showing no will to make things better, there is no need to support him. Side note: Supporting the manager is not the same thing as supporting Chelsea.

I want Klopp. He is a key to our Hazards, Pedros, Oscars, Fabregas' and Willians. Hope the scourses don't get him.

There is no comeback for Mourinho. I like to believe but it won't happen because he has shown no sign of that. People who are defending him, did you even read his post-match comments? When he is showing no will to make things better, there is no need to support him. Side note: Supporting the manager is not the same thing as supporting Chelsea.

I want Klopp. He is a key to our Hazards, Pedros, Oscars, Fabregas' and Willians. Hope the scourses don't get him.

Dortmund's 15/16 season was a terrible one. He started just like we are and he finished just like some of you guys think we might (not saying you in specific haha). Why would you want him?

I'm one of the biggest Mourinho critic over here but the blame has to be shared with the board and the players. Players need to play for their wages ie Fabregas, Ivanovic, Terry, Costa just to name a few. As for the board they should have kicked on w seems to always make the same mistake after winning the title. This is just a carbon copy of the 2010/11 season were we failed the manager then by not signing Aguero and freshening the team. Mou makes mistakes yes but this group of players is the worst in the Roman era. No fight at all

I know this manager hasn't done great of late but surprised no one has mentioned Hiddink, particularly if we're looking to have an interim manager till the end of the season.

Think he's done as a manager at the top level. Names like Hiddink and Capello that I'm seeing here just aren't the level of manager we need. Even as an interim. We're better off just sticking with José.

I know this manager hasn't done great of late but surprised no one has mentioned Hiddink, particularly if we're looking to have an interim manager till the end of the season.

He's failed in every position since leaving Russia's national team in 2010..

I thought he retired...