The Mourinho Thread

Stability and long term vision has to come from both sides. Picking fights with your own staff is not a sign of stability. Signing players like falcao, relying on players like Ivanovic and failing (so far) to introduce players like Baba and Djilobodji is not a sign of long term vision. Relying on an agressive 'us-against-them' attitiude to motivate your players is not a sign of stabilty. Humiliating your own players like he did with Matic today is not a sign of stability. Talking like you're bigger than the club and daring the board to sack you is not a sign of stabilty.

For the record, in no way do i believe that the players are blameless in all of this. No matter who'se the manager above you, even if they are called Moyes, performances like these are unacceptable.

The club seemed largely reluctant to open the wallet in the last window, so a free Falcao signing is about as good as we were going to get. He cost nothing and is reportedly on lower wages than previous clubs which makes him a low risk signing. Plus, we know now for a fact that José isn't in complete control of signings so whether or not Falcao was his call or not only he and the club know.

Ivanovic has been grim and I would happily see him dropped. But I'll say what I believe, as I have said in other posts, it seems the squad are not playing for the manager and I suspect he's pick those who he trusts. As for integrating Baba, from what I've seen, which is very little, I think he looks good, but as I said before I'm not on the training ground every day so can't offer an opinion as to whether he's Chelsea caliber or not. Djilobodji or whatever he's called? Don't even know why we bought him, comes across as a panic buy and nothing more, he'll be off soon.

"Us against them attitude", all for it. Why not?

Calling out players? Good. He could call every one them out at the minute and they'd all deserve it. He wouldn't be the first great manager to do so either.

I'll give you picking fights with staff, but that has been blown up beyond reason. The club can move on from that.

If anyone deserves some time and second chances here at Chelsea it's the legendary one. It's not even 100% his fault, players and board both play their parts. If you don't like or haven't yet experience Chelsea in bad times try to calm down and if you insist to cry do it quietly and with more respect please. This is Chelsea, we need to support our manager for once, enough with the sacking when the first difficulties show up.

Even a bad as we are right now mate, Ill be amazed if we ever go bad to the 'dark days'

I can respect anyone's opinion if they want Mourinho to stay. But we have come at a point where I expect that the other side of the argument to be taken seriously as well. Yes Mourinho has brought us many successes and i am grateful for that. But you can't deny that he has made some major f*ckups these last couple of months and has thus at least contributed to the current crisis. Besides, even when things were going great for us, Mourinho just loved seeking the controversies. So neither he or anyone else should be surprised that when things go south, all of it comes back hitting him in the face like a boomerang. If anyone is looking for a culprit for all this criticism, they need only look at José himself.

The "crisis" started during the summer when the board failed to bring our targets and we smelt that something is not going bad. I would give him more time, he clearly wants to stay for a long time. We have sacked too many managers before and the image was not good. Players are letting him down, they are not performing. I think international brakes came in good time for us. Let's take a break.

The "crisis" started during the summer when the board failed to bring our targets and we smelt that something is not going bad. I would give him more time, he clearly wants to stay for a long time. We have sacked too many managers before and the image was not good. Players are letting him down, they are not performing. I think international brakes came in good time for us. Let's take a break.

When we win Jose takes the credit ,, when we lose its the players ,, the refs ,, the board ,, the FA and of course WOMEN not to mention climate change

The difficulties didn't just show up out of nowhere. They were created by the Special One.

Like i said, not entirely his fault. Ask the board please where were they doing their vacation in the summer.

Technically speaking, isn't this his second chance? Considering he has been sacked before.

Technically yes but the point is that i am trying to be melodramatic and you sir are getting in the way!!! :clown:

Well no, my point is that it seems wrong and knee-jerk reaction to me to quickly "abandon ship" for the second time with him as soon as something goes wrong. We have stability issues as a club too and it's not going to do us any more good to have some other manager (who?) in the middle of the October. What more will the new guy do? Make Ivanovic good again and Fabregas made of steel?

He got rid of all our suitable replacements. Mourinho brought this on himself.

Good point. Makes you think if he had had the patience with players like De Bryune, Mata etc as he does with Ivanovic, Fabregas and co we might be sitting pretty at the top again

Like i said, not entirely his fault. Ask the board please where were they doing their vacation in the summer.

Technically yes but the point is that i am trying to be melodramatic and you sir are getting in the way!!! :clown:

Well no, my point is that it seems wrong and knee-jerk reaction to me to quickly "abandon ship" for the second time with him as soon as something goes wrong. We have stability issues as a club too and it's not going to do us any more good to have some other manager (who?) in the middle of the October. What more will the new guy do? Make Ivanovic good again and Fabregas made of steel?

the new guy might DUMP brana get Kalas and other loanees back and give them their chance ..

But that's just pathetic from them, isn't it? It's like we have gone back in time and are experiencing the player power situation again, where the players decide when to turn up and when not to just so they can get the club to sack the manager. :doh:

Probably the one reason I would take for not sacking the manager right now...They don't look like they have the guts to turn things if we bring on an interim.

Have to give him the rest of the season IMO

I don't see the point in giving him the rest of the season...the players seem to be getting worse game after game

I really thought the Arsenal result would kick start our season, but we haven't won any games since then...and looking at our upcoming fixtures, I'm kind of worried

off now until the next game .. tomorrow the Staff will insult us as fickle fans . I watch Toon fans walk out after 60 minutes today . Did I think they were fake fans ,, NO their team didnt try

thats what Im seeing from ours as well //

I don't see the point in giving him the rest of the season...the players seem to be getting worse game after game

I really thought the Arsenal result would kick start our season, but we haven't won any games since then...and looking at our upcoming fixtures, I'm kind of worried

There are no good managers to replace him with, if he gets sacked now. The best possible manager we could get now is Capello.