The Mourinho Thread

Ultimately, there's only one manager that will probably take this job right now and he would probably say something along the lines off "Chelsea is a triffic team with great players".

Jose needs to pull his finger out, but sacking him? Will you take the risk?

That's the thing. There are only a couple of candidates out there with the clout, respect, and most importantly the skill to take over from Mourinho.

It's too risky to sack him unless it's for Klopp or Pep. Managers that are zero risk themselves.

set the precedent that the manager can keep on choosing the same under-performing players match after match no matter what?

Who else does he pick? Virtually everyone of them is currently garbage. I can get down with the the argument of dropping Ivan and so on, but given José's very telling post match interview today I suspect he's trying to keep those who he trusts in the squad.

Regardless, people seem all too keen to forget that this is a rare rough patch in the otherwise exceptional career of José Mourinho. He's proved he's capable more often than not, why sack him after a poor spell when history suggests he's likely to recover?

Would rather see the club side with the manager and let any player who has taken the hump know they are welcome to leave.

Most people on here who want José out are the same who constantly talk about stability. Stability is not sacking your manager when the players take the hump. Stability is letting them know that you answer to the man in charge -- who also just happens to be one of the most highly decorated coaches in the games history.

Set the precedent and finally try and curb the managerial merry go round once and for all.

Stability and long term vision has to come from both sides. Picking fights with your own staff is not a sign of stability. Signing players like falcao, relying on players like Ivanovic and failing (so far) to introduce players like Baba and Djilobodji is not a sign of long term vision. Relying on an agressive 'us-against-them' attitiude to motivate your players is not a sign of stabilty. Humiliating your own players like he did with Matic today is not a sign of stability. Talking like you're bigger than the club and daring the board to sack you is not a sign of stabilty.

For the record, in no way do i believe that the players are blameless in all of this. No matter who'se the manager above you, even if they are called Moyes, performances like these are unacceptable.

That's the thing. There are only a couple of candidates out there with the clout, respect, and most importantly the skill to take over from Mourinho.

It's too risky to sack him unless it's for Klopp or Pep. Managers that are zero risk themselves.

And Kloop oversaw an even worse run last season with Dortmund.

I don't think any manager is immune to a shitstorm run of form like this, every single one has pros and cons.

Ultimately, there's only one manager that will probably take this job right now and he would probably say something along the lines off "Chelsea is a triffic team with great players".

Jose needs to pull his finger out, but sacking him? Will you take the risk?

I guess i am the only person on this planet that likes ol' 'Arry Redknapp

Who else does he pick? Virtually everyone of them is currently garbage. I can get down with the the argument of dropping Ivan and so on, but given José's very telling post match interview today I suspect he's trying to keep those who he trusts in the squad.

Regardless, people seem all too keen to forget that this is a rare rough patch in the otherwise exceptional career of José Mourinho. He's proved he's capable more often than not, why sack him after a poor spell when history suggests he's likely to recover?

so we spent 21 mil on garbage. jose's decision

we sold bertrand - who was someone jose did not trust and was garbage too

we sold luis - who was someone jose did not trust and was garbage too.

great, so he can literally have just 11 players that he trusts and play them match after match irrespective of form.

i dont think history proves anything here. this is a new territory for jose. unventured. he has never been entrusted with integrating youth to the extent we want him to. and he is failing miserably. he cant even trust players like baba to replace the worst player in PL currently. sorry, but considering the amount of talent we have, and considering jose's lack of trust in youth, he is hardly the guy to go forward with.