The Mourinho Thread

its about the club. Jose is at the club. he is our leader. 8 games and the glory hunters turn on him. One minute you praise him, the next you ask for the sack. Its people like you that make Chelsea supporters look like idiots.

So what we don't win the title this year? big deal...

first things first, UNDERSTAND THE FUCKING PROBLEM before name calling people u moron.

read what i have written, read what most of the people have wriiten.

read what i wrote right after the WBA win.

its not about the result. its about doing whats right for the team. how could iva and cesc not have been dropped after the swansea and city debacle. i saw this coming right after the WBA team sheet came out. i ranted, i raved, even though we won. go back and look through it.

its not about the title. its not about the trophies. its not even about winning or losing. its about running the club well. its about enjoying watching the club play.

so shut the fuck up. know what the fuck you are talking about before coming on here and name calling people. get it?

first things first, UNDERSTAND THE FUCKING PROBLEM before name calling people u moron.

its not about the result. its about doing whats right for the team. how could iva and cesc not have been dropped after the swansea and city debacle. i saw this coming right after the WBA team sheet came out. i ranted, i raved, even though we won. go back and look through it.

its not about the title. its not about the trophies. its not even about winning or losing. its about running the club well. its about enjoying watching the club play.

so shut the fuck up. know what the fuck you are talking about before coming on here and name calling people. get it?

relax diidier THEY will be glad to ban you again .. a lot of us dont want to see that

Fair weather fan number 1203431...

This is what Chelsea FC has become.

Would rather see the club side with the manager and let any player who has taken the hump know they are welcome to leave.

Most people on here who want José out are the same who constantly talk about stability. Stability is not sacking your manager when the players take the hump. Stability is letting them know that you answer to the man in charge -- who also just happens to be one of the most highly decorated coaches in the games history.

Set the precedent and finally try and curb the managerial merry go round once and for all.

Ultimately, there's only one manager that will probably take this job right now and he would probably say something along the lines off "Chelsea is a triffic team with great players".

Jose needs to pull his finger out, but sacking him? Will you take the risk?

It should be noted that every member is allowed an opinion. Whether it be that they want Jose Mourinho to be sacked or if they want him to stay. Both opinions are allowed for this is an open forum. What isn't allowed is insulting people, claims of 'glory-hunter', petty bickering and just plain nonsense. Most of you are adults, accept the fact other people think differently and learn from the point of view. There isn't always a need to challenge someone's opinion. They will change their mind if you can offer a thoughtful and polite point of view on any matter, which many of you do but others do not.

We the staff have reiterated this point of view so many times. Why do you need to be constantly reminded?

Ultimately, there's only one manager that will probably take this job right now and he would probably say something along the lines off "Chelsea is a triffic team with great players".

Jose needs to pull his finger out, but sacking him? Will you take the risk?

could Jose hack it on a wet Wednesday night at Bolton?

I am not a mourinho fan - never was. Just prefer a different style of football than the one all his sides play.

Now, the idea that players are performing poorly because the manager is not doing something or is doing something wrong is a very convenient delusion fans usually have: the magic that as soon as the new manager arrives everything will be ok again. It is never true. Things sometimes improve very short term as the new manager shakes things up but later it's all about building the squad.

Building the squad is my biggest problem with Jose. The extremely small squad with players who are either work in progress/unknowns or players who just don't add much coming off the bench, like Mikel.

I hear people saying what if this or that player had started? Well unless you have a crystal ball we don't know. Mikel played alongside Matic and we lost. Mikel played instead of Matic and we lost all the same. So how can people be so sure the solution is lying on the bench or the roster? What if with the current crop of players we have they have to perform at a certain intensity and for one reason or another they have not been able to.

We do lack quality and strength in depth. Esp technical quality with more natural players imo. Even then it's difficult to pinpoint Jose alone bc I don't known under what restrictions he's been under.

Would rather see the club side with the manager and let any player who has taken the hump know they are welcome to leave.

Most people on here who want José out are the same who constantly talk about stability. Stability is not sacking your manager when the players take the hump. Stability is letting them know that you answer to the man in charge -- who also just happens to be one of the most highly decorated coaches in the games history.

Set the precedent and finally try and curb the managerial merry go round once and for all.

set the precedent that the manager can keep on choosing the same under-performing players match after match no matter what?

It should be noted that every member is allowed an opinion. Whether it be that they want Jose Mourinho to be sacked or if they want him to stay. Both opinions are allowed for this is an open forum. What isn't allowed is insulting people, claims of 'glory-hunter', petty bickering and just plain nonsense. Most of you are adults, accept the fact other people think differently and learn from the point of view. There isn't always a need to challenge someone's opinion. They will change their mind if you can offer a thoughtful and polite point of view on any matter, which many of you do but others do not.

We the staff have reiterated this point of view so many times. Why do you need to be constantly reminded?

Some members of staff havent exactly followed those guidelines

Some members of staff havent exactly followed those guidelines

I can't do anything about them. I'm not an admin. You have to take that up with either; Alex or Jason. They are two leaders here. I'm am just moderator, I have no authority over other moderators or administrators.

I can't do anything about them. I'm not an admin. You have to take that up with either; Alex or Jason. They are two leaders here. I'm am just moderator, I have no authority over other moderators or administrators.

just making a point the criticism wasnt directed at you and certainly not at Jason

Final whistle verdict: Let's stick together

NEWS 1 HOUR

Jose Mourinho says now is the time for everyone to remain united as we try to come through this difficult period.

After today’s defeat to Southampton Mourinho stressed there was absolutely no chance he would walk away from his position. He added stability at the club he loves was the key to turning things around.

He also explained why Willian and Nemanja Matic were withdrawn in the second half today, before naming one youngster he expects to be given a chance in our next match after the forthcoming international break. First though he clarified his own position…

‘No way I resign,’ Mourinho said. ‘No way.

‘Why? Because Chelsea cannot have a better manager than me. There are many managers in the world that belong to my level, but no better. So no chance I run away.

‘Why? For two reasons. One: because I have my professional pride and I know I’m very good at my job. Secondly because I like this club very much. If that’s not the case it could be different, but in the accumulation of both situations I want the best for my club and the best for my club is for me to stay, so I stay.

‘When we were champions last season I said I was going to stay until the owner and the board wanted me to leave. No club can persuade me to leave; no financial offer can persuade me to leave. I’m going to stay until the day the owner and or the board say: "Jose, it’s enough".

‘I said that when I was a champion and I say that now when I am 16th in the table. No chance I resign. That is completely clear.’

Mourinho expects to guide his team to a top-four finish this season

‘I know that you know the history of this club, and you know every time the results were not good there was a change of manager, but when I was contacted to come back, I was told “we have had so many managers and we know you are the best”.

‘I think it’s time for the club to act in a different way, to mark a position: a position of stability, a position of trust. Three months ago we were all together on the bus with the cups. It’s time for us all to be together now at the bottom of the league.

‘I think in December, January, February, we are top four. To be champion will be very difficult, but top four is completely doable. When you are in such a bad season with such a bad start, if at the end of the season you finish in the top four it’s because you kept the balance in a difficult season.

‘For me everything is clear. I have been in football for a long time and the power is always with the owners and the boards in the end. I was taught that from day one in my life, I was coached to understand and respect that all the time.

‘Do the players trust me and feel I am the man for the job? This week we spoke about it and the answer was undoubtful.

‘When the supporters booed the Willian decision, I would so the same as them if I didn’t know Willian was ill and vomiting at half-time and the doctor said it would be difficult for him to continue. If they have a negative reaction I would do the same because the results are not the results we want.’

Nemanja Matic was taken off having been introduced at half-time

‘It was not humiliating [for him]. I don’t do that to anyone in football or in life. It’s something if I do, I do without any intention. I like the players, I trust them and I know they are good players but some of them are in a difficult moment, and Matic is one of them. He is not playing well, he is not sharp, defensively he is making mistakes.

‘I played him because Ramires was doing a great job on Mane, but with a yellow card and an inexperienced referee I was afraid of a second yellow card, so I changed him for Matic. With the second goal I needed to make a change, play another striker for a player from midfield.

‘I kept Oscar because he creates more, I kept Fabregas because, maybe because of his formation at Barcelona, he copes better with the pressure. Even not playing well his emotional stability is high. I decided to take Matic off, but I like the player very much. I have a fantastic relationship with the boy.’

We were denied a penalty when Falcao was brought down inside the box minutes before Southampton’s second

‘The referees are afraid to give decisions for Chelsea. At 1-1, it is a huge penalty and once again we don't get it. The penalty was a giant penalty and after that the team lost even more confidence.’

Mourinho was asked if he would bring young players into the team when we return to action in a fortnight…

'Yes. My job is not so simple because I have to measure the situation and ask myself in difficult moments if the best thing is to keep more experienced players. Can they cope better with the pressure of the moment?

‘You do the same. When I don’t play Terry to play Zouma you are the first ones to say immediately: “why aren’t you playing the captain?”

‘With Ruben, it’s exactly the same thing. Ruben, Matic, Ramires, Fabregas - who can cope better with the pressure? I know Fabregas for sure, but maybe the situation is so negative for us a young player feels less pressure than when the team is top of the league fighting for a victory to be champions.

‘Clearly it’s time - not to play four, five or six kids because some of them are not ready - but I think Ruben is the one who is more ready. If everything goes normally in the next two weeks yes, he is a player to start the next game and have a run of matches to try to get that stability as a first-team choice.’

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/10/final-whistle-verdict-after-southampton.html