The Mourinho Thread

dribbling down blind alleys, creating nothing from open play and interplay... also, too SLOW.

When these things go away, I will enjoy Chelsea's football. However, I've been waiting for years for this to go away and for Chelsea to consistently pass quickly and readily to teammates getting quickly into open space or beyond opposition defence. So many times, it's like a dream that Chelsea will never realize, so I just watch some other clubs play for that --ie. "real football."

flowing football won't be realized under Jose. the enjoyable Chelsea that I want to see needs a fresh manager and coaching staff. now, Chelsea can't even grind out wins in their typical boring fashion.

Time to dump the manager.

I dare say many TC members did see the risk in not strengthening during the summer and, I think, people here were saying Iva isn't good enough even before last season.

Exactly.

I seriously advocated for improvement on the current players we have, because last season we had hunger to win the league, we had drogba who motivated hazard and co saying it's been too long since we won a major trophy. But no one anticipated that so many of our players would individually be so poor this season. Look at how slow jt and Iva have become, look at Matic struggling to get successful tackles, look at fabregas mobility, look at hazard forgetting how to dribble, Oscar not fit, costa technically poor and all this happened at the same time.

We have practically turned to David Moyes Manchester United :doh:

dribbling down blind alleys, creating nothing from open play and interplay... also, too SLOW.

When these things go away, I will enjoy Chelsea's football. However, I've been waiting for years for this to go away and for Chelsea to consistently pass quickly and readily to teammates getting quickly into open space or beyond opposition defence. So many times, it's like a dream that Chelsea will never realize, so I just watch some other clubs play for that --ie. "real football."

flowing football won't be realized under Jose. the enjoyable Chelsea that I want to see needs a fresh manager and coaching staff. now, Chelsea can't even grind out wins in their typical boring fashion.

Time to dump the manager.

Very good article by Miguel Delaney. Finally, a sports journalist who is able to understand our biggest problem. Straight to the crux of the matter, cutting through the rest of the half-truths and faux diagnosis out there.

And also lack of attacking full-backs just proves the point. Every decent club and country play with two recognized full-backs who bomb forward but some genius figured out that they're all wrong and plays with RB on the left and CB on the right. You just deprive yourself of two potential contributors in attack. I even saw that in Pedro when he was waiting for Ivanovic because he is used to Dani Alves making run. Then he doesn't see him and start dribbling and loses the ball.

Belgium national team also has problem with attacking full-backs, and also is suffering badly when cant play counter attack. If not good counter they have to rely on Bruyne or Hazard moment of magic.

Bring in Pep Guardiola, the best manager in the world.If Roman wants José to go in furry then he needs to go for Pep, that will fix our season's problems.

i don't want pep! there are at least two menager better or at least on par: klopp, schmidt, (other: tuchel, simoene, etc)

i don't want pep! there are at least two menager better or at least on par: klopp, schmidt, (other: tuchel, simoene, etc)

Fair enough, its my personal choice, I admire Bayern's coach for his consistency, choices, personality ( way better tha mou's ) and football knowledge, plus he is a big name, what Chelsea needs.

Fair enough, its my personal choice, I admire Bayern's coach for his consistency, choices, personality ( way better tha mou's ) and football knowledge, plus he is a big name, what Chelsea n

all you said is right, but in my opinion pep isn't suitable for the our bench.

I think I must temporarily stop watching chels if this prick is on the sidelines... I would prefer klopp above all...

Telling me that Pep is a prick without telling why makes your comment useless.

all you said is right, but in my opinion pep isn't suitable for the our bench.

He can of course make an AVB-esque style of coaching, or simply get hammered by the Premier League's level, but again, hiring someone is always risky, atleast we know that he preach creative attacking football, and he is extremly talented for that, respectful of fellow managers & teams, would make us a more lovable team worldwide if he implements his style, and above all, ally titles with beatiful play.He also has a lot of experience and will only get better, for sure, but he is too intelligent to choose us over City, CIty is a dream job compared to Chelsea.

I just find it entirely pointless to sack Mourinho. For who? For someone who's likely to come in for anywhere between 6-18months, just to be shown the damn door again? I find it hilarious people talk about Ancelotti when he did the same thing here, won the double and sacked the season after. While Mourinho's got his own demons to battle this season in terms of his own tactics, this squad evidently needs another overhaul. I still believe in the guy lol, don't think there's anyone else better for us

Agree, It's more like a joke that we want a long term manager

We can't even patient for the one who just give us a champion than half season

How can we patient enough to wait 1-2 seasons for a long term manager to establish his philosophy

All of our fan this day was expect only champion every season win every match and told that this is nows chelsea standard

Come on look at our squad depth compare too city or utd . Do we really outclass them that bad since our board fail in this summer market the gaps was really close between we and them and i can say that city squad was far better than us now , utd was invest very high amount their midfield was far better choice than us.

It's 40/40/20 fault Board/Jose/Players imo

And btw

Kloop take 2 full season before get the titles and that first 2 season he finish at sixth and fifth places

Do you really believe he'll give a chance to manage our team if he come and finish sixth at the first season? and then last season with that result is he still a long term manager?

7 years with 56.29% win ratio 2 titles 3 german community shield 1 domestic cup

Did he fit us that bad ?

Chelsea fans this era never ever need a " long term " manager

Jose philosophy just didn't entertain our fans anymore that's it, our fans need someone that provide us a titles,cups, glory with attacking football

Sound like Read madrid too me ....

For all the point is did we really patient enough and wanna risk 2-3 seasons for someone that they are " long term " manager?

I Don't believe Roman or our franchise can