The Mourinho Thread

Better pull the plug fuck jose off and drop half the team for the squad players we have then after all that will solve our problems despite that no manager will ever want to come here as they know that the fans will tell him to fuck off in 3 years time if there is a bad run of games and then Roman obliges.

It's not like we're the only club having problems. Juve has 5 points from 6 games and they are certainly not calling for Allegri's head so put your fucking dummies back in.

Yeah they lost Vidal and Pirlo but they also beat Man City the other day - therefore I think it is a crisis of confidence in the whole team and we are just starting to get it back.

They lost key players. Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal. Marchisio has been injured for majority of the season. Yeah they should be doing better but I can understand the transition with them. Us on the other hand have not lost any key players. We still have the same team that won us the title last season. But there are so many issues wrong with us atm. Jose is not the sole problem but he is responsible for a lot of the problems.

They still have a world class team.

"If we play like we did in the second half, we can win every match this season,” added Mourinho. “If we play like we did in the first, we can lose every match. It is that simple.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11894613/Jose-Mourinho-returns-to-the-drawing-board-after-Chelseas-archetypal-game-of-two-halves.html

Absolutely agree.

"If we play like we did in the second half, we can win every match this season,” added Mourinho. “If we play like we did in the first, we can lose every match. It is that simple.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11894613/Jose-Mourinho-returns-to-the-drawing-board-after-Chelseas-archetypal-game-of-two-halves.html

Absolutely agree.

Well, he needs to get the team to play more like the 2nd half consistently.

FaCup ? And in sure the 3-5-2 was ditched long before Christmas after trey lost at The Emirates but I could be wrong.

When I saw him at Pool u wasn't impressed at all and along with almost every Liverpool fan saying he was shocking doesn't bode well, you cite the lack of minutes, well it was enough for us to write off Cuadrado.

And with Bertrand, imho I think he is good at containing fast wingers on the most part like say Navas, but struggles against tricky players like Willian, I'm not saying he is a bad player, far from it, but he isn't this flawless defensively that is often portrayed.

210 minutes then? sorry, but not enough for me to judge a player.
i dont know when they switched from 3-5-2 but i do remember watching moses play a lot of matches as a RWB which was hilarious.
cuadrado was deemed surplus. we had better options than him in the squad (moses being one of them), willian being the other and then pedro came along.
to get back to form cuadrado would have needed time, which we just could not offer.
no one is saying he is flawless. no one is saying he is lahm. even JT is not flawless. but defensively he is quite good. i have never seen him struggle defensively.

I absolutely get and appreciate where you are coming from. Trust me - I would normally be the one making your arguments :)

Haha, tbh I'm also a bit surprised that you're so critical of late, Muzchap. Maybe, we should all just take a break and come back when things have 'cooled down'. ;)

I would have kept Filipe Luis and gave him more playing time, but Mourinho didn't trust him enough.

Baba wasn't match fit to start for Chelsea, he was new to the country, Mourinho is not a magician, someone had to play and Ivanovic is still better than all of us. If someone thinks otherwise, feel free to submit an application, i wish you luck, you gonna need it!

Calling for Ivanovics head is popular, you will earn a lot of likes, but you have to think rationally, we don't have a better alternative!

we dont?

are u telling me that after 2 performances from baba you think he is half as bad as iva is currently? or zouma will be as a FB?

and by the way, if we dont have an alternative, whose fault is it?

why did we let luis go? why did we have to sell bertrand prematurely if we were going to let luis go?

why could we pay 21 million pounds for baba who apparently is not good enough to replace the worst player in premier league these days but not add a couple more and get ricardo rodriguez.

a 20 year old right back, played as a left back and OWNED pedro. things are not always linear in life. sometimes u (by u i mean jose) has to take risks. infact dropping iva and playing baba/zouma/hell even aina wont even be a risk right now. but for that, he has to show balls and drop his favourite.

Considering our present form...

Saying Jose is an idiot, stubborn etc is understandable or saying player x,y,z are shit, garbage etc is also understandable.

What I don't understand is that when Chelsea wins, this thread is like a graveyard, but the moment we lose/draw, all the "Chelsea fans" magically come out of the woods to express their displeasures with the manager/players.

Why is it that after a win, none of these "Chelsea fans" come out to praise the team/individual players/manager?

Win/lose it's always good to analyse what went good/bad in a game.

As for yesterday's match,

The negatives:

1. Many players were so bad individually that no amount of different starting lineups could have changed that.

2. The defensive midfield was so poor (just like most of our previous games) that the defense is almost every time exposed.

3. No leadership in the team. Poor defense organization.

4. Little or no passion before Ramires changed the game.

The positives:

1. We came back from two goals down. Even we could not do that last season against Newcastle or any other team.

2. We did not lose at Newcastle.

3. The subs were spot on.

4. Ramires played like he did during midweek... Fantastic!

I, for one, WOULD get on an online forum and praise a football club IF they demonstrated consistency and promise. Chelsea repeatedly have lacked a balanced squad and consistently lacked promising build-up play since about 2005. Some people can reply that they've been fans since the 60s or 70s; I really don't care. Why would I watch something that consistently disappoints and offers very little in the way of hope? That's just depressing.

**one note: I basically missed all of the successful Ancelotti season, so I cannot comment on that one season. If it weren't for Didier Drogba, I probably would have never bothered watching Chelsea after 2005 and IMO Chelsea relied upon him for way more than they ever should have since Robben's departure (among others).

When Nemanja Matic returned, David Luiz and F. Torres departed, I began to think that Chelsea were turning a page. With this manager, I cannot say things have a shimmer of hope --even if we have had success scouting and signing to potentially brilliant players while also fostering some good talent in the youth team and reserves. Jose, Emanalo, et al. can sign the best young players and we can all talk about Jose as "one of the best," but on any given week, one of the most dreadful matches I've had to watch for years has involved SLOW, INCOMPETENT Chelsea on the attack. HOW IS THAT CHANGING NOW?

It's hard to know what exactly has happened to Cesc Fabregas in one year, but it's possible that --Chelsea-- happened to him --along with the fact that he shouldn't be sitting in front of the back four. Jose's fault; not the player. The other possibility is that it's just the player and his own life/career/physical fitness, etc. --which I doubt is the main reason.

A player from Barca comes to Chelsea... that's a story of a player moving from a quick, up-tempo, cohesive passing side to one that plods along every week, sometimes increasing the tempo, but often relying too much upon individuals (who are not Messi or Ronaldo, or Marcelo, or Xavi, BTW).

Oh fuck no. Juve over performed last season and their CL final berth was an anomaly much like Chelsea's was in 2012. They have a good team but nothing near world class.

Morata is a big game player. Tevez is world class, Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal, Chiellini etc. Pretty damn close.

Calling for Ivanovics head is popular, you will earn a lot of likes, but you have to think rationally, we don't have a better alternative!

Players we have that are better then Ivaovicn at the club:

OLA AINA kid has great pace, can tackle, And can cross a ball - Better than Branna

Jake Clarke-Salter, now granted he is a CB but he has played on the right before and done a good job - Better than Branna

And of course we have Cesar Azpilicueta best full back at the club.

So there you have it we have IMO 3 players that can do Ivan's job. All we need now is Jose to stop rubbing egos of these players that are playing fucking dreadful and drop them, I mean what they going to do cry into their next 100 thousand quid pay check?? Bless em.

Ivanovic has done nothing in the last 12 months to convince me that he could play for any team in this league.

we dont?

are u telling me that after 2 performances from baba you think he is half as bad as iva is currently? or zouma will be as a FB?

and by the way, if we dont have an alternative, whose fault is it?

why did we let luis go? why did we have to sell bertrand prematurely if we were going to let luis go?

why could we pay 21 million pounds for baba who apparently is not good enough to replace the worst player in premier league these days but not add a couple more and get ricardo rodriguez.

a 20 year old right back, played as a left back and OWNED pedro. things are not always linear in life. sometimes u (by u i mean jose) has to take risks. infact dropping iva and playing baba/zouma/hell even aina wont even be a risk right now. but for that, he has to show balls and drop his favourite.

Maybe this time you will get angry, i have seen you go on rampage my friend. :ph34r:

According to Mourinho Baba had fitness problems in the past, but he is adapting to the task, i am totally sure that a 21 year old defender will get more playing time very soon!

I refer to Zouma, he is a bright example in that aspect!

I like Zouma he is maturing quickly, but man, have you seen his passing?! Furthermore he also got owned on the wing, was it against Crystal Palace? Not sure, sorry.

It's arguably up for discussion who would be the better fit, at least that's my point of view.

Sadly we have changed our approach, nowadays the club really likes to sell players, especially when a new expensive guy is coming.

That strategy improves the line-up, but depth gets fucked so bad...

From my understanding Mourinho didn't want to sell most of the players who have left the club, but now it's all about balancing the books, otherwise the attitude in the market would have been different.

Jose already said that he is just the manager, he makes his recommendations but it's up to the board to get shit done!

Jose is an arrogant prick who doesn't take shit from anyone, the phrase: "Jose knows best" does exist not for nothing.

Everton fucked us, they scored and we hadn't an answer for the scum that day, what did Mourinho do? Instead of bringing on Willian who had played badly before, he chose to bring on Kenedy.

He grabbed his balls and rewarded putting up a good show in training.

He trusted John Terry until this season, he wanted to buy John Stones, but the board failed him, nevertheless his home is now on the bench.

That's rutheless!

Loftus-Cheek gets more and more playing time, what about Traore? He chose him instead of Cuadrado who is doing more than okay in Italy now, really interesting.

Players we have that are better then Ivaovicn at the club:

OLA AINA kid has great pace, can tackle, And can cross a ball - Better than Branna

Jake Clarke-Salter, now granted he is a CB but he has played on the right before and done a good job - Better than Branna

And of course we have Cesar Azpilicueta best full back at the club.

So there you have it we have IMO 3 players that can do Ivan's job. All we need now is Jose to stop rubbing egos of these players that are playing fucking dreadful and drop them, I mean what they going to do cry into their next 100 thousand quid pay check?? Bless em.

Ivanovic has done nothing in the last 12 months to convince me that he could play for any team in this league.

Your enumeration about Ainas strengths goes down like clockwork, fairplay to you, but have you seen Aina play in the Premier-League? I don't!

Can the kid deliver under huge pressure? Surely they will target him all the time!

The same can be said about this Salter guy, i remain sceptical.

But i am having a hunch that you have seen both of them play a lot, so i respect your opinion, but sorry mate, i am still unconvinced because of the lack of first league football.

Jose Mourinho made a huge mistake by not using one of them during preseason, that should have been some test!

Generelly Jose should have experimented a lot more, but we don't have a time machine, he has to learn from his mistakes, only the future will tell!

We don't need to talk about most of the passes from Ivanovic, far too much have been utterly woeful, some day they will be costly!

A lot of his crossings are imprecise, nonetheless Remy could have buried that ball against Newcastle United.

His harmonious interaction between his offensive and defensive play has been out of balance for quite some time, but it's not that bad anymore, still not good, that's true!

Yes, some of his positioning have been bad too, lol.

Still, after John Terry is on the bench and Baba not ready yet, maybe soon, but at present i can understand why Jose plays Ivanovic.

I think that the team is really missing leadership, yes, the Serbian dude got fucked a lot, but he has personality which you can't buy and although he is making mistakes,

he is respected and the necessary authority on the field.

The way you speak you have seen a lot more than me, so i give you credit where credit is due.