The Mourinho Thread

Halliday for Bradford put a 10/10 vs us in the FA Cup last season.

Why did we let him go to Rangers?Fuck sake.

ryan bertrand - played a brilliant game in the CL final. was consistently good at every oppurtunity he got for chelsea. was in the PL team of the year last year.

moses - in his one season for us, he was one of our best players in europa league. has been brilliant in every pre-season oppurtunity he has got for the club, was really good at stoke last year before injuries ruined the season, has had a brilliant start to the whu loan spell.

but i can see why u would compare a player who got into the PL team of the year to some random guy in league 1 playing 1 good match. brilliant argument.

Never thought bertrand was that good for us.

He never got enough chances. When he did step in he done well. And with more game time he would have developed. I remember Bellerin got subbed off for Arsenal at H/T last season when they were 3-0 down to Stoke and it must of been a big confidence knock for him. Did Arsenal just leave him out to dry and send him out on countless loans? No, they realised he was a work in progress and kept faith in him. Look now. We should really try doing the same with ours. Especially when we have top English talents like that, we just get rid. Confuses the shit out of me. Bertrand would get much more praise if he was playing regularly at us instead of Southampton.

ryan bertrand - played a brilliant game in the CL final. was consistently good at every oppurtunity he got for chelsea. was in the PL team of the year last year.

moses - in his one season for us, he was one of our best players in europa league. has been brilliant in every pre-season oppurtunity he has got for the club, was really good at stoke last year before injuries ruined the season, has had a brilliant start to the whu loan spell.

but i can see why u would compare a player who got into the PL team of the year to some random guy in league 1 playing 1 good match. brilliant argument.

Bosingwa played in the CL final, we were massive underdogs for a reason, out of everyone who played that night none would get in our current team, maybe Mata under a different manager. Meireles was brilliant in Barca harassing Iniesta and Xavi, should we have kept him too?

Moses wasaverage for the most part and abysmal at Liverpool at a team that was perfectly set us for attacking mids.

Bosingwa played in the CL final, we were massive underdogs for a reason, out of everyone who played that night none would get in our current team, maybe Mata under a different manager. Meireles was brilliant in Barca harassing Iniesta and Xavi, should we have kept him too?

Moses wasaverage for the most part and abysmal at Liverpool at a team that was perfectly set us for attacking mids.

again with the one match examples?

what about getting into the PL team of the year? do you even get what u r comparing? bertrand was always consistent and a solid option that again jose's stubborness cost us.

moses was average playing as a CAM in a 3-5-2 or as a right wing back which is technically the most difficult and demanding position to play. he is a winger, who can do a defensive job too but it does not mean that you can play him as a RWB.

and then comes the fact of how he has looked every time he has been given a chance for us (even if its pre-season).

We are short: one defender and one central midfielder

Our main weak areas: one spot in defence and central midfield.

Mourinho asked for: one defender and a central midfielder in April/May.

He got from the board: An unknown Djilobodji and reports of 33 loanees.

Let's all blame Mourinho, only.

How would that have made a difference?

A central midfielder to replace who? a lot of players are underperforming but Cesc ranks the highest alongside Ivanovic. Mou has shown no tendency or inclination to drop Cesc, as long as he is Playing I can hardly see improvement in midfield.

Stones would have replaced Zouma, no chance of both starting. Come on no way Mou to drop both Cahill and Terry. TBF to Zouma he has been a bright side to our season, and Cahill has done a decent job. our CB duo ranks quite low in our short term concern.

You are also taking for granted that these two signings would have played a lot, there is no guarantee of that. Just look at Baba, he is not even on the bench.

I am curious who was this CM Mou wanted?

A central midfielder to replace who? a lot of players are underperforming but Cesc ranks the highest alongside Ivanovic. Mou has shown no tendency or inclination to drop Cesc, as long as he is Playing I can hardly see improvement in midfield.

Stones would have replaced Zouma, no chance of both starting. Come on no way Mou to drop both Cahill and Terry. TBF to Zouma he has been a bright side to our season, and Cahill has done a decent job. our CB duo ranks quite low in our short term concern.

You are also taking for granted that these two signings would have played a lot, there is no guarantee of that. Just look at Baba, he is not even on the bench.

jose actually pulled a wenger on us.

his CM target was pogba. a 100mil pound player who was wanted by barca and who will end up at barca. plus juve was never going to sell him after losing pirlo, vidal and tevez. we were "in for him" but realistically, we never stood a chance. exactly a thing wenger does every summer and most of the fans end up angry at the board.

jose actually pulled a wenger on us.

his CM target was pogba. a 100mil pound player who was wanted by barca and who will end up at barca. plus juve was never going to sell him after losing pirlo, vidal and tevez. we were "in for him" but never stood any chance realistically. in the end, people would say the board failed (like they are currently).

whats worse is that players like koke were available for 60mil euros buy out clause and would have been a massive massive massive upgrade for us. but i honestly dont think jose even wanted a CM. he has cesc, why would he need a proper well rounded CM.

again with the one match examples?

what about getting into the PL team of the year? do you even get what u r comparing? bertrand was always consistent and a solid option that again jose's stubborness cost us.

moses was average playing as a CAM in a 3-5-2 or as a right wing back which is technically the most difficult and demanding position to play. he is a winger, who can do a defensive job too but it does not mean that you can play him as a RWB.

and then comes the fact of how he has looked every time he has been given a chance for us (even if its pre-season).

Exactly, pre season, it means absolutely nothing, Maarko Marin shone in pre season, also Liverpool reverted away from 3-5-2 in the second half and he was still awful when given chances, some players are better a mid table, nothing wrong with That.

And Bertrand has one big weakness, he lets crosses into the box easily, Ivan gets mullered for that but Bertrand gets away with It.

Exactly, pre season, it means absolutely nothing, Maarko Marin shone in pre season, also Liverpool reverted away from 3-5-2 in the second half and he was still awful when given chances, some players are better a mid table, nothing wrong with That.

And Bertrand has one big weakness, he lets crosses into the box easily, Ivan gets mullered for that but Bertrand gets away with It.

first things first, lets clear the misconceptions you have about moses. he played for a whole of 847 minutes for liverpool. they were not in any european competitions. got knocked out in the first matches of both the domestic cups.

now lets come back to the point of second half of the season - from match day 20 to matchday 38, he played a total of 69 minutes. but kudos to judging him on that. and if you dont believe me, here are the stats. http://www.transfermarkt.com/victor-moses/leistungsdaten/spieler/59866/plus/?saison=2013

yes, that is a weakness. but can bertand cross? can bertrand defend 1v1 situations? can bertrand not get dribbled past multiple times in a match. overall, is bertrand defensively good. the answer is yes.

He never got enough chances. When he did step in he done well. And with more game time he would have developed. I remember Bellerin got subbed off for Arsenal at H/T last season when they were 3-0 down to Stoke and it must of been a big confidence knock for him. Did Arsenal just leave him out to dry and send him out on countless loans? No, they realised he was a work in progress and kept faith in him. Look now. We should really try doing the same with ours. Especially when we have top English talents like that, we just get rid. Confuses the shit out of me. Bertrand would get much more praise if he was playing regularly at us instead of Southampton.

He got over 50 appearances though. Other youngsters can't say that.

If we play like we did 2nd half yday then of course we can beat Southampton.

Southampton are 10x the team Newcastle are. And our 2nd half consisted of un threatening dominance , until a random shot flew in.

I am talking about Felipe Luis not David Luiz just to be clear..

And I should've checked how much we got Luis for because I was a little confused with the £50 mil.

Bloody ****!

Sincere Apologies, mate ... *embarrassing*

I agree handling of Luis was disappointing indeed.