The Mourinho Thread

he already answered it in another PC.

They noticed the players were battered too soon last season and thought it was because of extensive and too early pre-season. They tried something new, didn't work, time to move on.

The thing is players were drained because there was no rotation. That's the problem he should be addressing, but I won't judge them for the pre-season option. The calendar IS TOO FULL, having a shorter and delayed pre-season is sensible, the thing is, others aren't doing it, so we pay for that. Now we have to see if we prefer to have this kind of start and have the players healthier - if it proves to bring that at the end of the season - or if we're going to continue to do business as everyone else.

Also I think physical condition and health are different things. The players were tired, and that came because of lack of rotation. We picked too many injuries in the second half of the season and that could be improved with this new option.

Personally, I wouldn't change pre-season like we did this year, I'd keep like it has always been and would just try to sign players that allow us better rotation and I'd also like to see Mourinho being more flexible about the players we do have, because even if most of our bench stunk last year, they'd probably look better if they played more minutes than they did. I think his squad management last season was barely a 6.

not true. The season before we also had post-season tour - remember the City matches? and there was the WC and we still started pre-season around the time every other team did - a bit early than many of them actually.

Thank you Barbara, I tired to tell him in so many words.

Mourinho's selection has to be questioned yet again. He keeps persisting with the same players (his favourites) that have been at fault or haven't delivered this season (Iva and Cesc being the main culprits) and they're costing us dearly. RLC not even being in the squad today left me in shock.

would not have mattered if we had won the game.

enough is enough.

you cant make the same mistake again and again and again and expect things to get well on their own.

and since jose does not seem to able to accept his mistakes (cesc and iva) and correct them, i am not fine with us becoming an arsenal. its chelsea football club. not jose football club.

enough is enough.

if he cant make the changes which even a 2nd grader can see, i am sure we can find people who can.

I know all those Morinho fan boys here will start call me a sausage, but why the hell he still here? Few points here:

1.Playing his favorites. (Fab, Iva, Costa, Hazard, Matic and all others)

2.Don't rotate players. (Again RLC played great, but he keeps playing Fab)

3.No young integration. (Maybe he started playing few like Kenedy, RLC, but how many players from academy, RLC? Thats it, no Musonda, Aina and all others)

4.Can't say that he was wrong. (Always blaming refree, players, pitch...)

5.Formation.(Playing 4-2-3-1 and that doesn't fit us)

I know i gonna get alot hate, but thats my opinion, and i don't care if he is best manager of all times, or he won alot trophies with us ,or he has the best philosophy, I don't care right know he is joke of the manager thats it.

Seems like you spoke too soon.

A draw is as bad as a loss. It has not benefited us. Anyway, I don't criticise Mourinho on here anyway. My point was that people got too excited against two average teams. The Arsenal win was a big victory but was it down to Mourinho or the ref? Not sure. Us getting a point does not hide our flaws tbh.

Serious serious issues that i just can't see how there going to be resolved. Team selection, tactics, the general feel good factor at the club which would appear to be non existent. Anyone clinging on to the hope of a serious title challenge well your a more confident man or woman then me. Our only crumb of comfort is this season will prove beyond doubt that the English league is over hyped and there is very little quality so you can expect everyone to lose games. A final note i wonder if Ivan is heading a spread betting syndicate and he earns money every time he hits the ball straight at the left backs shins.

Say Jose goes... Would you expect a lot of changes from the next manager?

I bet a very similar line up - yes with ivanovic in the starting XI - will be employed.

You heard it here first... Will bookmark this one.

IF someone like pochettino can take over, play the youth, integrate them, even if it means, no european/CL football for a year, i am fine.

where are we going with cesc and iva in the team? where is this team going currently?

A draw is as bad as a loss. It has not benefited us. Anyway, I don't criticise Mourinho on here anyway. My point was that people got too excited against two average teams. The Arsenal win was a big victory but was it down to Mourinho or the ref? Not sure. Us getting a point does not hide our flaws tbh.

Well you can't deny the improvement since the Everton game. Today, we've managed to get a point at our's hardest away venue in England. First point at St James' Park since 2011/12 season. Mourinho is trying his best to improve our squad and he rightly deserves the January transfer window to bolster the squad. He needs to get rid of Iva.

Do people seriously believe that the players lack desire and hunger? What type arm-chair psychology nonsense is this?

You think that during the games against Arsenal and Tele Aviv we magically found our long lost heart and desire and then we lost it again against Newscastle ? Lol!

IF someone like pochettino can take over, play the youth, integrate them, even if it means, no european/CL football for a year, i am fine.

where are we going with cesc and iva in the team? where is this team going currently?

unai emery for me.

Do people seriously believe that the players lack desire and hunger? What type arm-chair psychology nonsense is this?

We lost this game because we were poor tactically. That is all!

well , if they know they will play no matter what , or wont play. (someone else said this) , then obviously the desire will not be 100%