The Mourinho Thread

I don't see how those words have anything to do with JT. He's saying how he would have approached the game if three points weren't absolutely crucial. And we know how he tends to approach big games. With caution and defensive security. He'll gladly take a draw and he'll have his team defend for the most part if he feels the need for it, when he doesn't 'need a win'.

I don't believe in the fantasy of Mourinho wanting to change this team into an attacking machine. He said to that to please fans. That's not where his strength lies and you don't change your way of thinking after 15 years just like that. He'll always be a pragmatist. And that's fine. Roman and the board are the ones that appointed him so they can't complain or fault him. If you want a different kind of football, appoint someone else.

Mourinho mentioned JT's absence and said he has three CBs he trusts. And depending on the match and his tactics, he'll pick two. This game didn't suit JT so he didn't play. Fine explanation, and he won so he's right.

Yeah pretty much, and it is why I would want him gone at the end of the season despite recovering.

Because I believe we will recover.

But also said that if the board are okay with that style then from now on and support him like Arsenal does for Wenger then good for them.

Such an over the top reaction. Bottom line we won a game against nine men and it could have been a totally different outcome if Costa had been sent off.

This is ridiculous, we were winning when they had ten men AND we were clearly the better team when they still had eleven.

Yeah pretty much, and it is why I would want him gone at the end of the season despite recovering.

Because I believe we will recover.

But also said that if the board are okay with that style then from now on and support him like Arsenal does for Wenger then good for them.

Mourinho at the helm for 20 years? No, thank you. That's boring. I'd like fresh blood at some point.

Special one spot on yesterday, the players have had a kick up the arris, performed. Right call to drop JT, and Terry will understand perfectly

Sentimental management can bring a good manager down...not this one though. He does what he has to do even though it clearly hurts his heart. He makes the call and isn't afraid of tough decisions.

There will be no Gerrard type players hanging round like bad sentimental smells...

Youre dead right bruv.

One of the reasons Ive always loved Mou is the lack of sentiment in team selection. But this is where I just dont understand the connection hes got going with Bane. I dont understand his continual selection.

We lose one game and people are allowed to moan. We win 2 in a row and we cant get happy because we have a long way to go. :wank2:

We lost 3-0 Away vs City, 2-1 At home vs Palace and 3-1 away vs Everton.

We drew 2-2 At home vs Swansea.

We won 3-2 Away vs West Brom, 4-0 At home vs Macaznaifg and we won 2-0 At home vs Arsenal.

7 games 3 wins 1 draw 3 losses.

We're on the up right now but we don't have much ground to stand on. We're still in a horrible postion in the league, so i am not twisting my balls because of joy at the moment.

I am happy with the Arsenal win but not the game. Our performance was decent but Costa is worrying me alot, he should focus on scoring goals and not fighting with everyone.

In my opinion we have a long way to go before we can be happy.

This is ridiculous, we were winning when they had ten men AND we were clearly the better team when they still had eleven.

We were the better team perhaps but if Costa had been sent off it could have gone either way. It was a better performance when it was 11-11 but after Palace or Everton well anything would have been an improvement. Have we turned the corner i'm not convinced. Ivan and Fabregas were better yesterday but i really am not a fan of Fabregas. He reminds me of that quote about Trevor Brooking by Brian Clough '' He floats like a butterfly and stings like one as well''.

Special one spot on yesterday, the players have had a kick up the arris, performed. Right call to drop JT, and Terry will understand perfectly

Sentimental management can bring a good manager down...not this one though. He does what he has to do even though it clearly hurts his heart. He makes the call and isn't afraid of tough decisions.

There will be no Gerrard type players hanging round like bad sentimental smells...

This is what we wanted to see when a lot of us were complaining before, Mourinho's desire to win and dropping anyone who will prevent him from achieving it.

Maybe he didn't need to drop ivanovic and fabregas because he shouted at them to step up their performance and recently fabregas has started giving forward passes putting pedro through on goal and Ivanovic defended better.

Lets put it this way Im happier right now than I was when the season began.

Im not jumping for joy but Im not sitting in the dark with a bottle of Jim Beam listening to Leonard Cohen. My glass is neither 1/2 empty nor 1/2 full. Its just got some liquid in it.

It was a great tho to see them north Londoners crying again, You cant pay for that feeling.

I think we just might be OK.

One thing that I didn't really like was Mou saying Baba wasn't ready for the PL but OK for Europe!

It is Diego fucking Costa. He doesn't get sent off. Have you ever seen him red carded? I haven't. No one in the last 3 and a half years has. Arsenal only had a few poor shots on target and only once proper chance by accident. we were in control of the game all the time, we would have been even if they had 12 players. We might not have turned the corner yet, but what is most important in football is confidence and luck and it looks like we got both back. MOurinho masterminded the rest and credit where it is due, it was a sublime tactical display. Most other teams play a low block vs arsenal and park the bus. we did the opposite and played a high line, made the midfield tight and they did not get hold of the ball at all. yes we are far from perfect, but we again showed the intensity you need at this level after it had been missing for weeks if not months. I am not a fan of Fabregas either, but as long as he does what he does best, i am satisfied. he is not a world class midfielder but can deliver world class assists.

Sorry mate but i'm not convinced. I just can't see us making a serious challenge domestically or in Europe. Something is happening internally and it's not just wild media speculation either. Chelsea have always been a leaky club where rumours are concerned and something is bubbling under the surface. Mourinho's pressers are getting more bizarre the Badmington analogy being the latest weird one. I just don't think he's totally happy and if we lose another couple of games on the spin anytime during the season then what? He looks like he's on the verge of telling the press to fuck off as it is.

As for yesterday granted we were the better team but it was a long overdue improvement on what has been an awful start to the season. But the big question is what next?. We can hardly go for the pragmatic dogged approach when we are already eight points behind City. But the chances of us playing free flowing football are non existent as well. We've got Newcastle next Saturday and we should go there and rip them to shreds high intensity football from minute one against a team bottom of the league and looking like relegation fodder. Will that happen? Will it bollocks.

We didn't desperately need the result against Maccabi as they aren't any prowess attacking. We could win even if we played JT.

Nobody said he's changing his team into an attacking machine - although his RM side was an attacking machine, with little pragmatism to the side. I think he could be addressing some of our problems. We need a more pro-active defense, although I struggle to see it with Cahill, but anyway, those are the players we have and he knows that we can't play a high defense line with Terry as he's even slower than usual...

I'm not saying he's changing for real the approach from last season, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and the support I think he's earned

Maccabi doesn't count. Awful team. Chels should win that match with ease with any backline. It's impossible not to play attacking football with Galactico Real and it is demanded. But the football wasn't great. They were at their best when transitioning, exploiting mistakes. When they faced defensive teams and parked buses, they weren't so fantastic (obviously envious of Barca). A bit of caution in big games, sometimes a lot caution. That's not good enough for them.

Mourinho made promises of changing Chelsea's identity. Turning the team into one playing attacking football. He even said something like if I don't manage to do so you can blame me or I did not do my job. Something like that. Nice words, telling people what they want to hear.

It's not criticism. Mourinho is Mourinho. You know what you're getting.

Maccabi doesn't count. Awful team. Chels should win that match with ease with any backline. It's impossible not to play attacking football with Galactico Real and it is demanded. But the football wasn't great. They were at their best when transitioning, exploiting mistakes. When they faced defensive teams and parked buses, they weren't so fantastic (obviously envious of Barca). A bit of caution in big games, sometimes a lot caution. That's not good enough for them.

Mourinho made promises of changing Chelsea's identity. Turning the team into one playing attacking football. He even said something like if I don't manage to do so you can blame me or I did not do my job. Something like that. Nice words, telling people what they want to hear.

It's not criticism. Mourinho is Mourinho. You know what you're getting.

exactly my point, he could have played JT, but he still didn't.

I see changes, a lot more chances to youngsters, even in the Premier League, I see him touching last season's untouchables, I see him changing the approach from his every day-system. It's early days and he could stop doing those things instead of carrying on. I hope it's the latter though.