The Mourinho Thread

Where are the haters now. :D

calling people haters cos they want iva to be dropped for the sake of chelsea is real good, i think.

lets see how we play against newcastle. is iva still going to be defensive along with azpi. i mean 2 defensive fullbacks against a parked bus would be fun to watch, especially when our attack seems to short circuit when we reach the last 3rd.

this is a great result but ALL of our problems are still there.

Right here what you want?

article-0-023737CD0000044D-74_634x429.jp

calling people haters cos they want iva to be dropped for the sake of chelsea is real good, i think.

lets see how we play against newcastle. is iva still going to be defensive along with azpi. i mean 2 defensive fullbacks against a parked bus would be fun to watch, especially when our attack seems to short circuit when we reach the last 3rd.

this is a great result but ALL of our problems are still there.

I was being sarcastic mate, chill.

Chelsea needed a victory. It didn't matter if it was ugly, scrappy, highly fortunate or controversial -- they simply needed three points to haul themselves away from the relegation zone and kick-start their campaign. Against a team who have arguably become their bitterest rivals, the incentive was even greater.

In typical Chelsea fashion, they did exactly that and produced an efficient 2-0 win courtesy of goals from Kurt Zouma and the unfortunate Calum Chambers. They didn't play sparkling football or produce many slick passing moves, but they gained the advantage in the game by reducing the opposition to 10 men in a cynical fashion even Jose Mourinho wouldn't have dreamed up. This was the absolute epitome of a team "doing a job," and it's what Mourinho still does better than any other manager.

The clean sheet will have been particularly welcome. Chelsea had conceded more goals this season than any other Premier League club, a staggering record for the league champions, and another defensive catastrophe would have asked serious questions about Mourinho's decision to start the out-of-form Branislav Ivanovic and drop captain John Terry.

Chelsea still don't look fluent -- Eden Hazard and Diego Costa are playing significantly poorer than at this point last season -- but they still boast counterattacking pace and a set piece threat; two things Mourinho absolutely loves.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-match/60/post/2619828/diego-costa-riles-arsenal-as-zouma-strikes-for-chelsea

Completely agree with Cox's article.