The Mourinho Thread

Did you guys catch what Hummels said of Tuechel?? He said that there is a strict diet in place, a much healthier one. Think that has a lot to do with their great play this season? Is that a problem Chelsea has?

Good point. Most clubs have 'guidelines' over diet etc. Wenger though in the 90s enforced a strict diet on his squad, macrobiotic stuff that he learned in Japan, and that was the gooners most successful period.

Did you guys catch what Hummels said of Tuechel?? He said that there is a strict diet in place, a much healthier one. Think that has a lot to do with their great play this season? Is that a problem Chelsea has?

Not with Mourinho around I don't think. I can't see him being okay w the players eating junk. I've known Chelsea to serve healthy meals to the players for a while now but I guess I could be mistaken.

Winning this game is far from a great achievement. The start of PL is really a big deal. So you expect people to praise Mourinho for beating Tel Aviv? Even if he the team defeats Arsenal, people won't be here praising him as much as they criticized, and the reason is very simple: Mourinho is getting criticized for the whole picture, they are not taking about isolated results, but about a situation that many people saw coming (at least people who never get the idea that Cahill is world class, Terry as good as 2005, Ivanovic boots being holy, and Azpilicueta being the best LB of the Europe).

If Mourinho change things, I'm sure people will be here praising his achievements, but I'm not talking about a couple of positive results.

And neither was DDA, the poster of the comment to which your message above is a reply. Take another look at what he said, and see if perhaps you might agree with me.

RLC and Kennedy 2

Traore and Baba 1

Zoumas role furthened.

It's early days but it looks like Mou is building the youth aswell, Although lets be honest, those players could end this season with 50+ apps between them and people will still think he's a youth hating maniac.

RLC and Kennedy 2

Traore and Baba 1

Zoumas role furthened.

It's early days but it looks like Mou is building the youth aswell, Although lets be honest, those players could end this season with 50+ apps between them and people will still think he's a youth hating maniac.

If we get 50+ on the contrary that would be amazing!

What we don't want is a Kalas type of case. That just because he starts one important game it's the best thing ever.

Nope one game a lone don't do it.

Needs to be continued with follow up games.

Just like you used to bring cases about in the past about young players being giving chances like Huth, and I don't know who else but never amount to much....

Again one game does not make a trend.

We need to see consistency my friend.

If we get 50+ on the contrary that would be amazing!

What we don't want is a Kalas type of case. That just because he starts one important game it's the best thing ever.

Nope one game a lone don't do it.

Needs to be continued with follow up games.

Just like you used to bring cases about in the past about young players being giving chances like Huth, and I don't know who else but never amount to much....

Again one game does not make a trend.

We need to see consistency my friend.

I use Huth because 38 games in two seasons is a very respectable amount, even more so when you consider we had Terry, Carvalho and Gallas all in the prime of their lives at the club at the time.

It's an equivalent Bamford playing games in a team that has Aguero, Lewandowski and Suarez on the books.

Good point. Most clubs have 'guidelines' over diet etc. Wenger though in the 90s enforced a strict diet on his squad, macrobiotic stuff that he learned in Japan, and that was the gooners most successful period.

Yup. In fact Wenger can be credited a lot with bridging the gap between science and football, ahead of his time so to speak. Problem is, once everyone then took that model, he had no plan b :lol:

Great point.

Djokovic for example has a strict diet, in 2010 he cut out dairy and wheat and reduced his sugar intake - he has won 9 of his 10 Grand slams in the 5 years since.

He is also a strong believer of the traditional Chinese medicinal belief that parts of the body heals at different times of the day.

I don't think people are fickle

I think they're Frustrated ;)

Today we changed the personnel and got a much better team - even missing a pen didn't make their heads drop!

This was a joy to watch, some heart, desire and commitment.

Now every negative Mourinho post I have seen - has been about him not changing players - he did and it worked.

So I would potentially reclassify 'fickle' as 'correctly frustrated' :)

I agree with you that the fans being described are not fickle. There are people here who behave as if they hate Jose and they have always behaved that way. Nothing fickle about them.

We're all frustrated. It's the foot stamping I can't stand.

My take on yesterday's game is a little different to many of the views posted, including yours in the comment I'm replying to. I don't think we played all that well. We won well, but the performance was underwhelming and even against a very poor side we conceded too many chances. RLC did just enough to merit consideration for the weekend but Baba did not. If I was picking the side, Dave would be back at LB and that would draw Brana into contention for a place whether people like it or not.

I agree with you that the fans being described are not fickle. There are people here who behave as if they hate Jose and they have always behaved that way. Nothing fickle about them.

We're all frustrated. It's the foot stamping I can't stand.

My take on yesterday's game is a little different to many of the views posted, including yours in the comment I'm replying to. I don't think we played all that well. We won well, but the performance was underwhelming and even against a very poor side we conceded too many chances. RLC did just enough to merit consideration for the weekend but Baba did not. If I was picking the side, Dave would be back at LB and that would draw Brana into contention for a place whether people like it or not.

Fair points - but I posted elsewhere for a debut at home in the CL the ridiculous form we were in - it wasn't bad.

Also the guy ain't stupid he's seen / heard others get one or two games then moved on.

I can't say I'd perform to my best in those circumstances - but I would give it a good go and that's what I thought he did.

To be fair you can only beat what's in front of you and we have lost to some crap teams in the past - so yes not a brilliant performance. But, like my mate says who's a semi pro snooker boy - he won't play with shit players (like me) as it drags his game down, he always plays equals or better so it raises his game - in my mind that could have also been applicable last night.

But that's what makes the world an interesting place - different viewpoints :)