The Mourinho Thread

Yes but the point is, why would he discuss who he wants at Chelsea, when he's still working at Madrid? And since when do the media get "strong leads". More than 90% of the transfer rumors in the papers turn out to be BS.

Because that's what people do. If you're leaving a job the first thing you do is sound out current clients and potential clients so you hit the floor running. You're not supposed to and you keep it quiet but when every other club is starting to plan for next season, you need to be doing the same.

If a big player is moving, then a lot of people are involved. Agents are one thing but then you've got marketing considerations to bear in mind. People at Adidas would be getting winks about who might sign depending on the profile of the player.

Most rumours turn out to be bollocks because most of the time people are guessing, but sometimes they do actually have a scoop. The better reporters are the ones who can discern between what is a solid lead and what is just a coincidence. When a reporter names four players all of whom have the same representation as each other, usually they're just guessing. The kernel of that story is almost certainly, someone at Chelsea spoke to either Jorge Mendes or someone related to him. :clown:

Carlo reaching a final with Real Madrid? lmao

only you could come up with such nonsense talk.

1. You obviously haven't been watching European Football for very long.

2. Carlo took a relatively weak side (PSG) into the final 8. That for me is a huge effort.

3. Don't you have more "Breaking news" about our new Jersey for next season to post??

4. You have posted more nonsense on this forum then every idiotic post combined. You are with out a doubt the biggest troll/wanker/Glory hunter to ever post on this forum. I for one know of at least 4 long serving members who have quit posting in here because of you. Sometimes I read your posts and think my screen is broken because of the amount of absolute drivel you post in here.

Because that's what people do. If you're leaving a job the first thing you do is sound out current clients and potential clients so you hit the floor running. You're not supposed to and you keep it quiet but when every other club is starting to plan for next season, you need to be doing the same.

If a big player is moving, then a lot of people are involved. Agents are one thing but then you've got marketing considerations to bear in mind. People at Adidas would be getting winks about who might sign depending on the profile of the player.

Most rumours turn out to be bollocks because most of the time people are guessing, but sometimes they do actually have a scoop. The better reporters are the ones who can discern between what is a solid lead and what is just a coincidence. When a reporter names four players all of whom have the same representation as each other, usually they're just guessing. The kernel of that story is almost certainly, someone at Chelsea spoke to either Jorge Mendes or someone related to him. :clown:

Great. So we're back to my original point that these rumors are most probably bs.

i wont love anything as much as jose coming to chelsea (maybe a DD return for a loan spell, but anyways :) ) but has not his tactics in the recent games bothered any1?

started with higuain (who was no match physically as well fitness-wise for the dortmund defenders) in the 1st leg which failed miserably, started the first leg with the non-chalance that madrid show in a la-liga game despite being beaten at dortmund and barely scrapping a draw against them at bernabeu, despite getting a gift of a goal to see them enter the dressing room at 1-1 (totally undeservedly), i thought now jose will put some sense into these players, tell them to sit back and do what they do best, and that is COUNTER, yet madrid made the same mistake as the 1st half and even at the end of the match, rather than settling for a 3-1 they still went searching for the goal and ended their own season,

in the 2nd leg, for some god forsaken reason, jose again started with the all too well known fuck up called higuain. i mean all you had to do is look at the difference benzema made to know how big a mistake, jose had made to play higuain... even in the united matches, jose was out-witted by saf...

just a little worried that the special one might be losing his touch...

Personaly I think that Kdedira made big change too. Dortmund were fast and strong, the main problem of Real was their midfield. After Khedira came in Real was faster and stronger. I feel Alonso shouldnt have started game. He lost many many balls and was realy slow and sloppy in possession.

But why should they play counters? I mean yes its their best game, but they needed 3 goals. In counter attack you play very defensively and you need to be very patient and score every chance you get. If Real scored in first half (they were very close) they would win. Unfortunely Higuain was shit and Ronaldo was (if you ask me) the worst player. Losing balls, always trying to dribble instead of quick one-twos. And his finishing was awful.

But Real overall should play attacking football. Fast passing. Mou realy didnt suit Real with such defensive style. Hence why some people (mostly spanish) dislike him because they love attacking football.

Because if he wants someone, the first thing he does is sound them out (not tap them up). His agent might ask the player's agent if he's happy. The agent then might (but doesn't necessarily always) mention this to his player - the agent obviously has a financial interest in the player either moving or signing a new contract.

From there anything can happen. The player's current club could sound out other clubs or agents for replacements, the player could do something stupid like ask mention something to someone else in his entourage/management, even his wife could mention something to her hairdresser who then mentions it to someone.

There are so many moving parts in a deal that leaks are always happening.

its all ifs or buts though, very rarely anything conclusive hence we have papers,journos et al contradicting themselves several times. Its all guess work. Ive no doubt some things are leaked but the list of names cast out last night have already changed. Plus agents feed out bogus stories to aid their clients wants so how much credence can be given to them is dubious

Yes but the point is, why would he discuss who he wants at Chelsea, when he's still working at Madrid? And since when do the media get "strong leads". More than 90% of the transfer rumors in the papers turn out to be BS.

because he must already know he is leaving Madrid and how inconceivable is it for someone close to Mourinho to ask him 'if you go to Chelsea who would you want to sign'???

because he must already know he is leaving Madrid and how inconceivable is it for someone close to Mourinho to ask him 'if you go to Chelsea who would you want to sign'???

Why would someone close to him ask that? And why would Jose actually give an answer? That's highly unprofessional.

He's coming "home" - although that means he could be returning to Inter or Porto, also. Let's not get carried away.

But José has to come back to England for the sake of the poor state of our league. He is generally loved in Britain by the majority of football supporters, and the press can't get enough of him. That would suggest he could be going to any top English club, to me.

Usually, I would be of the same mindset, but it's completely different this time I feel.

Inter have come out I don't know how many times in the past few weeks to confirm he is definitely NOT coming back. And I don't think it's even worth mentioning Porto tbh. A good year for them is getting out of the CL group.

For me though it's the "especially one" part of his speech. I mean, why say that? Why? There's a reason behind it. He could've easily just left it out and then he could've been linked with us along with City and United probably! But no, he said it and it, was the equivalent of just saying 'especially Chelsea'. So I don't really see it as getting carried away.

Now, the people talking about what players he'll sign from Real Madrid and stuff, those are the ones getting carried away.

If anything, this is a confirmation by José himself that he wants to come back. No more speculation, no more rumours. He loves this club and wants to return - words coming from his own mouth. Half of the deal is done, now it's down to Roman.

Headlines this morning all about Jose returning not about real losing pure genius.

Lets hope after seeing the ITV interview I was more convinced than the one from sky tv that he really is coming back .
As Roman learned the error of his way it would seem so fingers crossed but I still can not get excited until it's official.