The Mourinho Thread

i wont love anything as much as jose coming to chelsea (maybe a DD return for a loan spell, but anyways :) ) but has not his tactics in the recent games bothered any1?

started with higuain (who was no match physically as well fitness-wise for the dortmund defenders) in the 1st leg which failed miserably, started the first leg with the non-chalance that madrid show in a la-liga game despite being beaten at dortmund and barely scrapping a draw against them at bernabeu, despite getting a gift of a goal to see them enter the dressing room at 1-1 (totally undeservedly), i thought now jose will put some sense into these players, tell them to sit back and do what they do best, and that is COUNTER, yet madrid made the same mistake as the 1st half and even at the end of the match, rather than settling for a 3-1 they still went searching for the goal and ended their own season,

in the 2nd leg, for some god forsaken reason, jose again started with the all too well known fuck up called higuain. i mean all you had to do is look at the difference benzema made to know how big a mistake, jose had made to play higuain... even in the united matches, jose was out-witted by saf...

just a little worried that the special one might be losing his touch...

Some nonsense being talked. The media are just throwing literally anything they want together and its being eaten up. Lewy,falcao,moutinho,pepe,di maria,markovic..may as well stick messi and ronaldo on for good measure. 100 mill to spend, total control of the transfers for jose, super frank new contract...any one really believe this? Nothing is done yet!

He's coming "home" - although that means he could be returning to Inter or Porto, also. Let's not get carried away.

But José has to come back to England for the sake of the poor state of our league. He is generally loved in Britain by the majority of football supporters, and the press can't get enough of him. That would suggest he could be going to any top English club, to me.

spanish football expert graham hunter told talksport radio that jose 100% has his heart set on chelsea and is commited to rebuilding them into the best team in england even if they dont qualify for next years cl. and he is looking and buying falcao , khedira and victor wanyama

He's coming "home" - although that means he could be returning to Inter or Porto, also. Let's not get carried away.

But José has to come back to England for the sake of the poor state of our league. He is generally loved in Britain by the majority of football supporters, and the press can't get enough of him. That would suggest he could be going to any top English club, to me.

Inter is in financial trouble, won't even comply with FFP as far as i know!! Don't think they can afford him.

Porto? No chance. He will go to Porto when he is really old, England is the only option left where he is "Loved". While in England, which other club that wants him. City top officials rejected him for barca in 2008. Arsenal? No chance, and Fergi isn't retiring. I think its just a matter of time before the season ends and the transfer frenzy starts.

spanish football expert graham hunter told talksport radio that jose 100% has his heart set on chelsea and is commited to rebuilding them into the best team in england even if they dont qualify for next years cl. and he is looking and buying falcao , khedira and victor wanyama

at least Mourinho knows already that our Midfield needs sorting and i do really like the look of Khedira and Wanyama in the pivot! i am not really to keen on getting a smaller flashy player in there like Modric or Moutinho as we already have 3 smaller creative players behind the striker so no need to have another one in the DP. Two no nonsense CM's who can break up play can keep the ball and play simple! just what we need imo!

Just one question: How in the world would the media know what players Jose wants to bring to Chelsea? Do you think he walks around telling random journalists "I want to buy that player"?!

people close to Jose would probably know as i am sure he would discuss this kind of things with people around him, so people other than Jose could leak this kind of info.

We Hate Scouse, I know you're watching this thread right now, be aware that I have never doubted you, all my friends already know you, so yeah, just wanted to say thanks and umm... I wanna have your babies, mate.

people close to Jose would probably know as i am sure he would discuss this kind of things with people around him, so people other than Jose could leak this kind of info.

People close to him? Like who exactly? He's moving to a different cub so his assistant and coaching staff will all be different. His family? I doubt they'd leak the information. Why would he even be discussing who he wants with anyone when he's still working at Madrid, atm?!

Face it, those rumors are most probably BS by the media.

People close to him? Like who exactly? He's moving to a different cub so his assistant and coaching staff will all be different. His family? I doubt they'd leak the information. Why would he even be discussing who he wants with anyone when he's still working at Madrid, atm?!

You forgot 1 key fella here - the agent. Agents today manage a lot of managers and/or players and given they are well connected in communication through agencies, clubs, dealings etc, it wouldn't be a surprise if such info got out anyway.

why would his coaching staff be different? The nucleus of them have been with him his whole managerial career. But I agree with your sentiment, cant see how anyone would know who he wants outside of him and uncle rom

Agents, intermediaries and entourages. That's where leaks almost always come from.

Look at what happened last night. We were strongly linked to Mourinho, and he's represented by Jorge Mendes.

Then we were linked to four players by Sky Italia. Pepe, Di Maria, Moutinho and Falcao - ALL represented by Jorge Mendes. So journalists actually get solid leads from these sources or they put two and two together, and guess.

why would his coaching staff be different? The nucleus of them have been with him his whole managerial career. But I agree with your sentiment, cant see how anyone would know who he wants outside of him and uncle rom

Because if he wants someone, the first thing he does is sound them out (not tap them up). His agent might ask the player's agent if he's happy. The agent then might (but doesn't necessarily always) mention this to his player - the agent obviously has a financial interest in the player either moving or signing a new contract.

From there anything can happen. The player's current club could sound out other clubs or agents for replacements, the player could do something stupid like ask mention something to someone else in his entourage/management, even his wife could mention something to her hairdresser who then mentions it to someone.

There are so many moving parts in a deal that leaks are always happening.

Agents, intermediaries and entourages. That's where leaks almost always come from.

Look at what happened last night. We were strongly linked to Mourinho, and he's represented by Jorge Mendes.

Then we were linked to four players by Sky Italia. Pepe, Di Maria, Moutinho and Falcao - ALL represented by Jorge Mendes. So journalists actually get solid leads from these sources or they put two and two together, and guess.

Yes but the point is, why would he discuss who he wants at Chelsea, when he's still working at Madrid? And since when do the media get "strong leads". More than 90% of the transfer rumors in the papers turn out to be BS.

I sometimes feel that the Journalists can go to any length to get thier story and that means crossing the ethics line. For Eg : Bild reported that Mourinho texted Lewandoski that he wants him at Chelsea. Now how would a journalist know what text was sent to which player by whome unless the newspapers are hacking the phone which puts their credibility at stake.