The Mourinho Thread

Haazard was equally piss-poor. atrocious game from him. jogging around, not caring, no impulses, really embarassing performance. Hazard is as far away from Messi and CR as the Mars is from planet earth.

Our main worry is our conceding of goals from the right. We should stop the goals then think about our attack.

Even Barcelona have shut up shop and won with two consecutive 1-0 because they conceded 9 goals in three matches. After that we can have confidence to go and attack later games.

Our main worry is our conceding of goals from the right. We should stop the goals then think about our attack.

Even Barcelona have shut up shop and won with two consecutive 1-0 because they conceded 9 goals in three matches. After that we can have confidence to go and attack later games.

So...play Hazard at RB? jWSRzGu.gif

I know we haven't been playing particularly well since the turn of the year but our performances right now are even worse than the second half of last season. Back then, we still looked decent in attack and capable of defending properly. If we have to grind out a result, we can do it but at the moment, all those things have completely gone out of the window. We can't attack, we can't defend and we can't even get a good result. Would gladly take the boring 1-0 wins right now!

The quality of the performances haven't changed in 2015. The only difference is the score at the end of games. We tried to blame the second half of 14/15 on fatigue but it's obvious Chelsea have been found out. You can't keep grinding out wins 'like champions' forever so this was bound to happen without any changes made.

This third season phenomenon is truly astonishing. Is it a case Mourinho losing the dressing room after a few years? Or do the other teams figure out his approach, with Mourinho unable to adapt?

But it's very early so it's probably a bit too soon to start drawing conclusions. But the signs are very worrying for 15/16.

As every pundit said in the off-season, you can't stand still in the transfer market, otherwise you get left behind...I'm getting the feeling that we may have been left behind (by City)

The most worrying aspect of our first 4 games is that the players don't look motivated. There were a number of occasions where our attacking players could have taken a long shot and tried to test the goalkeeper...instead, they passed it around, missed the opportunity and Crystal Palace cleared the resulting cross/ball in the box with a simple header.

I back Mourinho to turn this mess around, time for him to walk the walk and back up his claims of wanting to stay here long term :blue scalf:

I don't know about you but I like this situation because it will show me if mourinho is a coach for longer term.

Will he find the solution and solve the problem?

Or blame, complain and get a mess on his hand?

We shall see by December and more telling by the end of the season.

He was in a similar situation at Madrid where he win the league a season ago, gets a contract extension and then lose everything....

This is not the way a long term manager should be.

So let's see what he truly got and what are his real intentions in the coming weeks.

The most worrying aspect of our first 4 games is that the players don't look motivated. There were a number of occasions where our attacking players could have taken a long shot and tried to test the goalkeeper...instead, they passed it around, missed the opportunity and Crystal Palace cleared the resulting cross/ball in the box with a simple header

Some of them have looked as though they're satisfied after winning the Premier League last season. There must be a deep-rooted problem here, I mean we can't go from being the champions of England to looking like a team battling to avoid relegation the following season. Something major must have happened behind closed doors that we do not know of. On top of that, Mourinho's body language is all wrong since the start of the season. He looks tense, unhappy, pissed off etc, which is completely opposite to the start of last season, where he looked more relax, calm.

Juventitis

they were both cut from Brazil NT after being called upon, so I don't think that's the problem at all. They are injured, that's a fact, if they're going or not to Juventus is yet to be seen, but they're injured.

Is he mad???

It'll be crazy if he was referring to hazard and not ivanovic. Even my little sister could tell ivanovic was poor, Mourinho is not that stupid.

Not saying that Jose didn't see that Iva was poor, but that comment was almost definitely aimed at Hazard for not tracking their RB in the area.

i feel like you just charred my birthday presents with a flamethrower

That's what I live for :D

Some of them have looked as though they're satisfied after winning the Premier League last season. There must be a deep-rooted problem here, I mean we can't go from being the champions of England to looking like a team battling to avoid relegation the following season. Something major must have happened behind closed doors that we do not know of. On top of that, Mourinho's body language is all wrong since the start of the season. He looks tense, unhappy, pissed off etc, which is completely opposite to the start of last season, where he looked more relax, calm.

Isn't Mourinho's dad very sick though? As far as I know he had a stroke in May and hasn't been well since. Apparently he's had to stop in the middle of interviews (while we were in Montreal) and take a call about his dad. It would explain a lot and I'd totally understand if that's the reason he's like this - being already in a shit situation and trying to do your job.

Compounded with the hints that José informed the club way back in April about the requirements needed for him to do his job properly (new player etc.) and nothing being done about it. I mean, it's clear the money was there but we just didn't decide to use it until now which is plain stupid.

Still doesn't excuse playing Ivanovic though...well, maybe if Ivanovic looked like his dad (he doesn't).

Problems that should have been adressed long ago, are coming back to haunt him. Deep-rooted problems of lack of motivation and rotation, including our 'brilliant' defense being exposed for what it truly is has brought us here. Just the start, but we had a fantastic transfer window last season, and this has been anything but that (apart from Pedro, which was a fantastic deal imo) . We need Stones, and preferably Pogba in the middle. I'll take anyone to play alongside Matic and buff up our midfield right now. It's tremendously weak for a team that's trying to be back-to-back champions.

Isn't Mourinho's dad very sick though? As far as I know he had a stroke in May and hasn't been well since. Apparently he's had to stop in the middle of interviews (while we were in Montreal) and take a call about his dad. It would explain a lot and I'd totally understand if that's the reason he's like this - being already in a shit situation and trying to do your job.

Compounded with the hints that José informed the club way back in April about the requirements needed for him to do his job properly (new player etc.) and nothing being done about it. I mean, it's clear the money was there but we just didn't decide to use it until now which is plain stupid.

Still doesn't excuse playing Ivanovic though...well, maybe if Ivanovic looked like his dad (he doesn't).

AFAIK, yes but I'm not sure if he's recovered. And I don't want to sound cruel here but I don't think that can be used an excuse for the questionable decisions he's made so far this season, especially when he's done some of them in the past.

I'm not really angry at Ivanovic, angry at Mourinho. He's just not fit to play in the RB position yet Mourinho sold a proper LB (Filipe Luis) bought another (Baba Rahman) and still seems to think playing an RB out of positon and a CB at RB is the sensible thing to do. I don't think it is fair to criticse a player for performing poorly when he's playing out of position.

What's incredible is we've paid big money for these LBs so they can warm our bench while we play a CB at RB.....

That is like purchasing a giant LED TV only to keep it in its box while you continue to use your old tiny CRT TV set.

Meanwhile you complain that your current TV's display sharpness is poor.