The Mourinho Thread

@Bir_CFC, I posted this in the Roman thread:

So, in this scenario for example, we spend £100m/£120m on players and give them all 5 year contracts; it would collectively show up as (£25m) max on our balance sheet due to amortisation.

Not to mention that stuff like academy fees, managerial payoffs etc. don't count in FFP - add that to the fact that we actually made profit this year and you'll soon realise that we do have quite a bit to play around with.

What you're forgetting is that our transfers from previous years are also still showing up. Torres, Hazard and what not are still being amortised and that's probably 20-25M on it's own too.

And you have to help me understand how we can go 45M in the red and get Roman to save us? FFP is all about revenues and expenses, Roman can inject equity and take off debt but how will be affect the revenues and expenses?

What you're forgetting is that our transfers from previous years are also still showing up. Torres, Hazard and what not are still being amortised and that's probably 20-25M on it's own too.

And you have to help me understand how we can go 45M in the red and get Roman to save us? FFP is all about revenues and expenses, Roman can inject equity and take off debt but how will be affect the revenues and expenses?

We posted profit this year - and that includes all amortisations of the players we've signed already, our previous transfers are included in there already. The FFP rules instigate that for the next two seasons a club can go €45M in the red if they have an external source that covers them - this amount will be reduced over the years but it's still there for us if we need cover.

Also, what many people tend to forget is that FFP does not count any contract signed before June 2010 - so essentially, on our FFP balance sheet we're probably around £10m-20m up if you discount all the wages of the likes of all those signed before that. If you add in the fact that you can discount extenuating circumstances such as managers being sacked (as it's a one off payment) and the fact that FFP doesn't count academy costs either you'll soon realise that we're absolutely fine when it comes to FFP. We've got money to spend.

If you're interested in further reading there's an excellent article here which is quite dated (published last year) but still very relevant - it explains our situation regarding FFP excellently.

There is no need to worry much about FFP, the club have done a good job regarding that.

The madrid team clearly has no chemistry and divided, it is so obvious in the way they play, no unity whatsoever. Alot of big personality in the dressing room, half of them hates Mou, alot of the fans hate him, the media hates him. Not sure how you can do a job in that environment.

Also keep in mind that the RM locker room seemed worse than ours was under AVB. If the players didnt like him or want to play for him it's kinda hard to win the most difficult competition there is.

Mourinho could not win a UCL with Real Madrid squad, I dont know why they will do any better with Chelsea.

Because this is only a shadow of the real man. Can't you tell? Its obvious just looking at him, let alone his demeanor and his interviews. He's not happy, nor is he truly in his element.

Chelsea revives the former manager. Couple that with the increased resources at his disposal and I can promise you he will succeed much more than he ever did with Real.

Mourinho could not win a UCL with Real Madrid squad, I dont know why they will do any better with Chelsea.

CL is a lottery, he won it with Porto and Inter, but didn't with Real and one of the best squad's in the history of English football.

Barca are getting touted as the best team ever, yet Jose managed to beat them to the title and (as good as) sealed it in their own back yard.

Let's ignore his UCL wins with Porto and Inter then shall we...

He won a UCL with Porto in 2004 and a UCL with Inter in 2010, not sure if football is the same as it was 10 or 4 years ago.

CL is a lottery, he won it with Porto and Inter, but didn't with Real and one of the best squad's in the history of English football.

Barca are getting touted as the best team ever, yet Jose managed to beat them to the title and (as good as) sealed it in their own back yard.

Indeed, but RDM managed to do the same.

Dont get me wrong, my question is valid, I dont think Mourinho is the messiah everybody think he is, many will point the reasons why Mourinho failed with Real (yeah, he got one La Liga with Real, but winning La Liga with Real is far from a big deal, even Bern Schuster managed to to the same), perhaps the squad was divided, or he was unhappy with the press and this kind of thing.

But thats not excuse, in Chelsea he might face the same problems or even worst, he will never get the total control he seeks, even in his first tenure he had to accept Shevchenko and Ballack, and could not get a CB he wanted back in 2007.

I feel he was never realy Real Madrid coach. He had that fame and popularity but he made Real more of a celebrity club. Real needs classy manager, calm and someone who realy belongs there (imagine Del Bosque). Im not saying Mou isnt classy or anything, but he is centre of attention and biggest celebrity among coaches. His style was wrong for real too. Counter attacks are main tactic he is using and opens his play only when losing. If Real played with attacking football first match, there would be no doubt of finalist between Rm and Bvb. Real players should have mentality to keep the ball and pass it around. Mou closed their play too much and there is result.

I am not sure how will Mou fit here but two things are certain; we will play on counter attacks and we will play better football in general (not necessary nicer, but more successful).

Because each year is a different story and to be quite fair, he got very very close the last two years (comming down to CR7, Kaka and Ramos missing penalties or Ozil and Higuain missing 2-3 huge opportunities)...

We can't tell if he will do any better of if he will lose 3 straight SFs again. However, he is our best shot!