The Mourinho Thread

Your opinion, I respect it but this is becoming a joke. From Guardiola and Mourinho to Pellegrini, thats really something. May aswell go for Chris Hughton then. :rolleyes:

I'm not understanding how it's a joke?

All we can do as fans is speculate, and that's what I'm doing. And in my opinion, Guardiola, Mourinho and Pellegrini are three of the best managers around. All we can do is throw a bunch of names into the hat of potential managers.

Then we would be cutting of our nose to spite face, if we can't get Pep or Jose who available is a possibly an upgrade to Rafa?

Carlo will never return, Hiddink is calling it a day, there would be no one better available. I not a Rafa fan but what i do want is what is best for the club, which is why i didn't join the anti Rafa brigade in the first place.

true, but with giving rafa a contract, this negative atmosphere in the club will continue. this is supposed to be just a phase before things are cleared up in the summer. or so i am hoping

Well in my opinion Pellegrini is nowhere near those two, and I just did what you did - that is throw in a random name.

Now off to bed, tired as fuck. :D

Well of course Pep and Jose are on another level, but I just think Pellegrini wouldn't be a bad alternative.

Yes, speculating can be very tiring. :P

Fuck it - I want the job, taken Crawley Town to CL winners, CWC winners and back to back promotions, now ranked best manager in the game, have a squad of youngsters and Messi+Aguero, playing Xmas tree formation :)

Ground was 10,000 capacity, now 60,000 and full every week :)

Haven't spent much in last 2 seasons, just bringing on my squad - average age 22...

Sold an ex Villa player for 30 million Pachenco (summit like that)....

This football management lark is fucking easy :) lol :)

Fuck it - I want the job, taken Crawley Town to CL winners, CWC winners and back to back promotions, now ranked best manager in the game, have a squad of youngsters and Messi+Aguero, playing Xmas tree formation :)

Ground was 10,000 capacity, now 60,000 and full every week :)

Haven't spent much in last 2 seasons, just bringing on my squad - average age 22...

Sold an ex Villa player for 30 million Pachenco (summit like that)....

This football management lark is fucking easy :) lol :)

I will never understand how you managed to sign Messi! :blink:

(I think we MAY have gone off topic here).

Going to PSG next would be a good move for him. I personally hope Chelsea are looking at other managers.

Agree. PSG are a slight mess at the moment and could do with him. Plus he's conquered England, Spain & Italy. France or Germany would be logical, though Bayern's not a bad shout either.

Also agree about 'other managers' and I hope that's not limited to Guardiola. There are many potential diamonds in the rough in terms of football management, how brilliant would it be if we found our own Guardiola or Mourinho - Someone no-one's really heard of to an extent, but has plenty of potential to be world class. AVB had that potential and it didn't work, doesn't mean the club should stop trying.

What's your opinion on Luciano Spalletti?

Signing players who make a difference doesn't mean he rebuilt the squad. Rebuilding a squad is like his first Chelsea team, Jose simply galvanized that team Inter that was basically assembled by Roberto Mancini and other coaches more or less with a few players he'd signed.

Also Mourinho didn't make the Real Madrid squad, the president signed Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Alonso, Marcelo, Ramos, etc in his two different spells as the club president. Jose simply added to what he already had (signing Ozil, Khedira, Varane, Di Maria, Coentrao) and got rid of players he didn't want. The Real Madrid team was already an exceptional one just a team of individuals rather than a team and that always didn't work.

Also the thing with Porto, Porto are the biggest club in Portugal, they have been for years now and they more than likely always will be. Jose's Porto team was special yes because they won the Champions League, they had some spectacular players but its not like Porto had never won trophies before or had the best players in Portugal until Mourinho arrived. Porto have dominated Portuguese football for the last 30-40 years due to an incredible structure, a good scouting system in place and the fact its pretty much a two horse race league.

Mourinho has way more credid at Porto, Inter and RM than what you are making.

At the begining with Porto, he had a great squad from the past manager (cant remeber the name but he was one of his mentors), but they had no belief. His man mangerment was superb!

At Inter, he got a squad who was only good for Italy and made them Champions of Europe. You must be thinking it is FIFA, because saying that he didnt build the 2010 squad is at least just wrong. Buying 3 of their most important players at that time, recovering others and convicing everyone to give their all isnt enough I guess. Mourinho made Eto'o defend (it is like asking Ibra to be polite), made Lucio stop his attacking adventures (the same ones Luiz has) and recovering Cambiasso are some of the improvements he brought. No wonder they went downhill (not only the team, but the players as well).

Chelsea was Jose's best ever job and I think we would have won it all if we didnt lose to Loserpool (ghost goal). He was excellent in every way. However, that doesnt mean he was not great at all of his other clubs.

At Real, he got a bunch of good players who hated each other and didnt care for anything more than indivudual success. He took a team that couldnt even beat Barcelona nor pass Round of 16 of UCL and transformed them into the second best team in the world. Again, it is much more than the tranfers itself. He will leave them light years ahead from what he received.

Building a squad is very very difficult, I think a top manager is as important as having top players. And Mourinho is a very top one.

If Jose and Pep go to Manchester, I very much fear for our future...

It's either:
1. Chelsea

2. Manchester City

3. Paris Saint Germain

Why? Because I sincerely believe that none of the German teams would consider Mourinho. It's mainly the culture and media of the country that concern me, I feel he'll have a hard time there much like he did in Italy and to a lesser extent what's happening now in Spain. Munich and Dortmund would probably be the only teams to be able to afford him, and something about Bayern tells me they'd rather a former Bayern star or at very least German star to take the helm. Dortmund doesn't need Mourinho, and then as I said earlier teams like Schalke and Bayer can't really afford him.

Why Chelsea? Well, for starters he has said he'd love to return to Chelsea one day, so that's a big tip. On the plus side he has mentioned that his relationship with Abramovic is fine now, they go over there will dispute and have put it behind them, so he'd probably be open for José to return also.

Why ManCity? Mo' money, mo' problems. And Mancini is a muppet.

Why Paris? Well, it's pretty much the same situation as ManCity. Ancellotti is a good manager much better than Mancini, but I've never thought him to be total world class. But the French Ligue is a strange one, absolute gold won week, trite the next.

Why not ManUtd? I really don't think the Glazers would like Mourinho. They are all about profits and marketability, and Mourinho marketable as he is also bring a lot of bad publicity because of what he says and does, he also has a tendency to make enemies at other clubs. Besides, even ManUtd legends like Sir Bob aren't too sure about José at Old Trafford, they think he is too unstable and volatile for the job. Poking people's eyes, etc.

This is what I don't get.

Show me. Show me where Roman wants this 'brand of attacking football'....because he certainly doesn't give interviews. Does this idea stem from the media? Oh, our best friends!

As far as what the past couple of weeks have taught me, Roman wants a winning team above anything else. Roman is a winner. So is José. I'm not saying he's defitely coming here, but I wouldn't rule it out.

For me, post of the day.

Think some on here have short memories, Jose was sacked by Roman cus he wanted a more attacking tippy-tappy Barcelona style football - Jose rightly pointed out we didn't have the players to play that way. Jose was pissed off cus he was planted with players he didn't want & bit by bit his authority in his role was ridiculously taken away from him - the last straw was Arneson put in charge of the academy which infuriated Jose to a point he wanted to resign but Roman was one step ahead. Bacon face & even whinger would not stand for it so why should Jose or any top class manager stand for the meddling? As much as I love Roman I think he made some mistakes regarding Jose tenure & I'm hoping that now they have repaired their relationship he can get the great man back.

So he might & I do say 'might' stay for 3 years but noone knows how long his tenure will last so please stop using this pit stop management as an excuse for him not to return, I see there are Pep lovers on here & I'm not knocking that as I would welcome his appointment (second to Jose!) but Pep has already shown when it gets hot in the kitchen he gets out, again I'm not saying he will run but simply making a point the Pep lovers have overlooked.

As for rebuilding - what a load of Tosh! I think we have a very good squad as it is which are very young & they will only get better, we are light upfront but I truly believe Falcao will be bought in January, we should get Lukaku back now that Sturridge his off & I think we just need a couple of decent defenders (from juve preferably, they are outstanding defenders) especially now we that luiz is going to be shifted in midfield - well done Rafa, its about time someone has seen his immense footballing ability. Yes I think we are 3/4 players off sustaining a title challenge, Jose will know he won't have to spend big or to make big changes, he will just make adjustments & instill belief into an already talented squad.

Do I favour a Jose return?

Well how many games were we unbeaten st home?

How many records did we set winning those Prem titles?

Most successful period in our history.

One of only to 2 managers that has one a treble.

Won the la liga last year against arguably the best side ever seen, certainly in my view only the great AC Milan side in late eighties/early nineties would come close, so a massive achievement.

Ask JT & Lamps who gave them the confidence & made them into better players?

How many trophies has he now won in 10 or so years?

Well yeah, the man is a genius! Lastly you will have to consider that if he goes to another English club he will only make them stronger & the possibility of us winning another title will be even more difficult..........

I've always felt really sorry for Ranieri. He was really the one that nurtured Lampard and Terry. Lampard was runner up to FWA player of the year before Mourinho arrived. It was Ranieri that first brought Terry into the side and first made him captain (when Desailly didn't play). It was Ranieri who was responsible for buying J. Cole, Cech, Robben, Makalele, and Gallas. I have no doubt that we would have won under Renieri as well (we got better every year under him) but he wasn't Roman's guy so he never got to see the benefit of Cech, Robben, Carvalho, Drogba, and Ferreira. I just can never understand why we think of the teams as Mourinho's when the core was almost all from before he arrived. Of the most common starting XI when we first won the league, only the Portuguese players were Mourinho's buys. He had the personality to manage the side which is no small feat, but we've won because of Roman's money not because of genius managers.

I've always felt really sorry for Ranieri. He was really the one that nurtured Lampard and Terry. Lampard was runner up to FWA player of the year before Mourinho arrived. It was Ranieri that first brought Terry into the side and first made him captain (when Desailly didn't play). It was Ranieri who was responsible for buying J. Cole, Cech, Robben, Makalele, and Gallas. I have no doubt that we would have won under Renieri as well (we got better every year under him) but he wasn't Roman's guy so he never got to see the benefit of Cech, Robben, Carvalho, Drogba, and Ferreira. I just can never understand why we think of the teams as Mourinho's when the core was almost all from before he arrived. Of the most common starting XI when we first won the league, only the Portuguese players were Mourinho's buys. He had the personality to manage the side which is no small feat, but we've won because of Roman's money not because of genius managers.

In your latest post, you try to find one reason to exclude the other. It is not like that!

We won because of Ranieri`s quality and vision, Roman`s money, Mourinho`s superb job, our fans (we were amazing in the back-to-back titles) and the players commitment and talent.

It is all added together...

In your latest post, you try to find one reason to exclude the other. It is not like that!

We won because of Ranieri`s quality and vision, Roman`s money, Mourinho`s superb job, our fans (we were amazing in the back-to-back titles) and the players commitment and talent.

It is all added together...

It's 95% the money. The teams that spend the most money, win. It's not a correlation, it's causation.

It's 95% the money. The teams that spend the most money, win. It's not a correlation, it's causation.

Money is a big part, but not 95%, 75-80%.

Tell that to ManCity, if it was not for there lucky or fixed goal, money would have only brought 1 FA Cup.

Ranieri was a dignified man & it still liked by all Chelsea fans, he did do as you say build the nucleus of that side but the Portuguese players including the brilliant Carvalho were brought in by Jose as well as the magnificent Drogba, also Essien who was fantastic before his injuries & Ashley Cole - still regarded as the best left back in the world to name a few!

As much I respect Ranieri, he doesn't quite cut it at the sharp end, has any of his sides since he left been successful?