The Mourinho Thread

I feel ashamed that the greatest (and most decorated) manager in Chelsea's history is being subjected to this because of a poor start to the season.

I just can't get my head around that.

Some are tired of his antics as well, before lot of people were willing to overlook it as long as we win but now the results are not there he got nothing to back himself up. Dortmund had possibly one of the worst season in their recent history last year but everyone still like Klopp, Ancelotti has been poor in the league and I wonder why many top ego Madrid players wanted him to stay last season compared to when most threatened to leave to get Mourinho out.

Results alone are bad enough, off the field problems such as medical staff just added to the problem.

Some are tired of his antics as well, before lot of people were willing to overlook it as long as we win but now the results are not there he got nothing to back himself up. Dortmund had possibly one of the worst season in their recent history last year but everyone still like Klopp, Ancelotti has been poor in the league and I wonder why many top ego Madrid players wanted him to stay last season compared to when most threatened to leave to get Mourinho out.

Results alone are bad enough, off the field problems such as medical staff just added to the problem.

I could imagine the treatment of Eva might have had an adverse effect on morale in the dressing room . I would imagine she was popular with the players.

I could imagine the treatment of Eva might have had an adverse effect on morale in the dressing room . I would imagine she was popular with the players.

Similar to when Ray was suddenly sacked in 2010-11, it has the exact same effect then.

Stop reading half truths people. This is what he said in full, you also clearly see the pk, where the guy grabbed hold of Zouma in mid air and pulled him to the ground

‘My first thought is to Palace,’ began Mourinho. ‘They came with everything, their team was ready, their players were ready and they came with a fantastic spirit. They were lucky but they deserved the luck, they fought a lot for that.

‘Secondly my team, I think we deserved more. I am not saying we deserved to win because it is not true, but we deserved more than the result we got.

1440870746103.jpg

‘And my third thought is the referee made a big mistake, a clear penalty [not given] for the foul on Zouma with the score 0-0. In the game for me it looked clear and at half-time I watched it on television and it was a clear penalty, unless the pundits who can see the red cards for John Terry and Thibaut Courtois see it differently from me.

‘But I prefer to go in this order and when I say Crystal Palace first it is because they are the most important thing [regarding the result].’

It is now a fortnight before the next game with little chance to work with the squad at Cobham due to internationals, but changes to the side are not out of the question…

‘If a player is not performing there are two ways of looking at it. One is I trust so much the player I am going to wait for an improvement, and maybe it comes and maybe it doesn’t. Or even trusting the player, there arrives a moment when you think you have to change.

‘We have eight points less than the leader and in another league I would say game over because in these leagues for top teams it is very difficult to lose so many points. In the Premier League I don’t say game over.

‘The reality is we had a bad start, four points from four matches is a very bad start.’

Stop reading half truths people. This is what he said in full, you also clearly see the pk, where the guy grabbed hold of Zouma in mid air and pulled him to the ground

They were lucky

we were unlucky

we should have had a penalty

He should put it to music and record it ...

Oh man, Mourinho don't do that, don't suggest the transfer window is closed :-(

We do need signings. What's more evident today than anything is we're severly lacking leadership in the defensive reigon of the pitch. Look at Ivanovic today, the vice-captain who's going to be more captain than vice with Terry's form, who was responsible for nearly all the mistakes made today. Stones isn't a leader either, so the question is Mourinho, what are you planning?! He needs to tell one of these guys, Azpiliceuta most suitably, that 'you MUST organise this defensive line'.

In losing Drogba, Lampard and Terry we've failed to replace them with guys who are ready to step up. This is what makes players like Rooney, Gerrard, Viera, Keane, Terry, Lampard and Drogba so irreplaceable at times. When you don't sign leaders to take their mantle, you feel their absence a lot more. When Mourinho first came to Chelsea he identified Terry as the leader of the group and entrusted him with it. We see how Arsenal have fallen apart since Viera left the club - They're still trying to replace him!

Who does he now turn to? That decision will be important.

8f1b755844faca9590fdd132a78df410.png

:clap::clap::clap:

What a terrible transfer window.

Man City did exactly what we did last summer and there's still the unknown with United who will surely sign at least one more.

How is our window closed!? We've clearly left it far too late and have as a consequence been told no by the club's whose players we're trying to panic buy. The "we don't need players" and "we will do it with the same players" statements have come back to haunt us before we've even really got going.

Of all the sides he's managed, the current crop of players is probably the most un-Mourinho team ever.

1. Defense. We're shambolic. OK, we might have ended up with the best defence in each season since his return but we're still making mistakes (really silly and basic mistakes) that are not normally associated with a Mourinho side. Never mind about letting in goals, a Mourinho side usually doesn't give the opposition many chances but this season alone, we've probably conceded more than 30 shots on target in four matches! That's poor for a big club and I think only the relegation teams are close to that amount.

2. Set pieces. Do we actually even practice corners and free kicks in training? It's beyond shocking how often the set pieces fail to beat the first man, are overhit or hit straight to an opposition player. We are already struggling to score from open play, the least we could do is be more threatening, more imaginative with our set pieces so we can score from them.

3. Counter-attacks. For a side filled with fast attacking players, we sure score very few goals from counter-attacking situations. Don't commit enough men forward, not decisive in the final third, like to take the extra touch and making the wrong decision with the final delivery. Mourinho has been working with these players for 2 1/2 seasons now and there hasn't been any improvement. I still remember the 4 v 1 counter attack we had at City 2 seasons ago and we somehow contrived to mess it up!

4. Tiki-taka passing. Maybe Mourinho is trying to change our way of playing but can he tell the players not to over-elaborate in the final third? If there's a good chance to shoot at goal, then shoot. But if the opportunity isn't there, then don't and keep the ball moving. It's extremely infuriating that we're tying to be like Arsenal and walk the ball into the net. Be quicker and direct with the passing (I don't mean just lumping the ball to the striker). If there's a chance to set someone on goal, then quickly do it. Don't take the extra touch and pass to create the perfect goal. Quick, direct goals can be effective and great to watch too!

5. Midfield. Teams of Mourinho tend to contain the strong, physical players especially in midfield but this side has too many softies (e.g. Fabregas). Again, this is perhaps part of Mourinho's attempt to try a new way of playing but we are desperately lacking a physical player or two to go alongside Matic. We need someone who isn't afraid to fight, to do the dirty things (if you can call it that) etc when matches get tough and physical. Imagine what a peak Essien, Ballack or Lampard would do for this side. Mourinho needs to get 1-2 those kind of players in because we need to have a balance of strength, power, pace and creativity. Without that strength and power in the side, we get overrun too easily whenever we come up against a half-decent side.

Exactly :clap:

This side is the most unathletic side he's ever managed. This side is physically the weakest in midfield, terrible on the counter, terrible in pressing, terrible defending one on one, terrible in long range shooting and terrible in setpieces.

This is not a Mourinho group of players at all.

Of all the sides he's managed, the current crop of players is probably the most un-Mourinho team ever.

1. Defensively, we are shambolic. OK, we might have ended up with the best defence in each season since his return but we're still making mistakes (really silly and basic mistakes) that are not normally associated with a Mourinho side. Never mind about letting in goals, a Mourinho side usually doesn't give the opposition many chances but this season alone, we've probably conceded more than 30 shots on target. That's poor for a big club and I think only the relegation teams are close to that amount.

2. Set pieces. Do we actually even practice corners and free kicks in training? It's beyond shocking how often the set pieces fail to beat the first man, are overhit or hit straight to an opposition player. We are already struggling to score from open play, the least we could do is more threatening, more imaginative with our set pieces so we can score from them.

3. Counter-attacks. For a side filled with fast attacking players, we sure score very few goals from counter-attacking situations. Don't commit enough men forward, not decisive in the final third, like to take the extra touch and making the wrong decision with the final delivery. Mourinho has been working with these players for 2 1/2 seasons now and there hasn't been any improvement. I still remember the 4 v 1 counter attack we had at City 2 seasons ago and we somehow contrived to mess it up!

4. Tiki-taka passing. Maybe Mourinho is trying to change our way of playing but can he tell the players not to over-elaborate in the final third? If there's a good chance to shoot at goal, then shoot. But if the opportunity isn't there, then don't and keep the ball moving. It's extremely infuriating that we're tying to be like Arsenal and walk the ball into the net. Be quicker and direct with the passing (I don't mean just lumping the ball to the striker). If there's a chance to set someone on goal, then quickly do it. Don't take the extra touch and pass to create the perfect goal. Quick, direct goals can be effective and great to watch too!

5. Midfield. Teams of Mourinho tend to contain the strong, physical players especially in midfield but this side has too many softies (e.g. Fabregas). Again, this is perhaps part of Mourinho's attempt to try a new way of playing but we are desperately lacking a physical player or two to go alongside Matic. We need someone who isn't afraid to fight, to do the dirty things (if you can call it that) etc when matches get tough and physical. Imagine what a peak Essien, Ballack or Lampard would do for this side. Mourinho needs to get 1-2 those kind of players in because we need to have a balance of strength, power, pace and creativity. Without that strength and power in the side, we get overrun too easily whenever we come up against a half-decent side.

He went completely wrong with this team indeed. ''brilliant defence'' was just a cover. It couldnt last forever. Our defenders apart from Azpi and now Zouma cant keep us alive when facing opponents 1on1. It doesnt matter who, Aguero or Zaha, its the same thing.

Also, Cesc in middle, place where Mou needs a stability and Willian on wing where Mou needs efficiency tells you all. We lost physicality, speed, efficiency, danger from set pieces. What we have now is alot more technical team, but sadly Mourinho is probably the worst coach in the world elite to train planned attacks.

Also our tactics have become terrible aswell. Going from dynamical, ''adopt to your opponent'', we are one dimensional now, its realy painful. Its clear we dont have no real plan for the games. We try to play more open, but our defense gets exposed and our attack is clueless.

Opponents have read us. Only what they need to do is put numbers in defence, press our midfield and counter us. They know Cesc is absolute shit under pressure, and we suck against closed defences. They also know our defenders are slow and opponents will have plenty of space to exploit. And thats where we needed to evolve in summer. Bringing Vidal, Pedro and CB like Otamendi would do the job. Im not sure why we signed Baba anyway. For 20m. Thats what I expect a nailed on starter in fullback. Well, at least we needed one because Iva is poor. Yet Mou brought one FB that will probably need another 2 months to get to fitness and meanwhile lose all confidence and touch...