The Mourinho Thread

Well if Mourinho does indeed come back, an overhaul of the team is certain to happen, and we need quality on virtually all positions, so the rumored list makes sense to a degree.

Pepe is tied until 2016 with Real, and he's not gonna go for less than 30M Euros, same thing with Moutinho, that's 60.

Di Maria's contract runs until 2018, and he wont go for less than 40M, that's 100 already.

Now put Falcao in the equation and we're looking at 160,000,000 euros and thats a conservative estimate.

Now, it's, he is only the way, and roman has promised 4 new toys for him to play with lol.

It has to be chelsea surely.

If not this could be the biggest troll in all of football.

Just say it Jose. It would make this season 10 times better, and worth enduring the "rafa months".

Well if Mourinho does indeed come back, an overhaul of the team is certain to happen, and we need quality on virtually all positions, so the rumored list makes sense to a degree.

Pepe is tied until 2016 with Real, and he's not gonna go for less than 30M Euros, same thing with Moutinho, that's 60.

Di Maria's contract runs until 2018, and he wont go for less than 40M, that's 100 already.

Now put Falcao in the equation and we're looking at 160,000,000 euros and thats a conservative estimate.

Stop FIFA.

That is a fucking insane number to generate, no offense, out of your arse.

We didn't even spend that much when we won the champions league. If you think all of those marque priced players will sign in the same window, you're either crazy or you play too much fifa. We'd be lucky to get one player over £30m I feel. Big bucks might be spent on a DLP (most likely) and a striker (permitting Torres leaves) if we're lucky. The rest would be £10-15 buys. And all of this is permitting we even qualify for the CL.

Here's what I think...

It's common knowledge that Moutinho's going for £20m, Pepe would probably go for the same or less, since he doesn't even start for Real anymore. With Bale on the market Real might be looking to use a Di Maria transfer as a means of funds, I think if we were to get him we're looking at £20m-£30m. Falcao would cost around £40m-£50m so that comes down to around £100m-£110m - not to mention that we could be selling players as well (Torres, Essien could bring in around £20m-£30m?).

I don't think we'll even get all of them but realistically speaking we should be able to afford it if we go about it in the right manner.

On another note...GET IN THERE JOSE!!

I'm not usually one to get carried away, but this is not even hints anymore, he may as well have written 'blue is the colour' on his forehead!

I'm particularly excited because I bet a friend while RDM was still in charge that Jose will come back to the Bridge next season or the season after!

@Bir_CFC, I posted this in the Roman thread:

I'm not really a financial expert but I'll try and explain; many people really misunderstand the concept of FFP. One must remember that the likes of Malouda, Benayoun, Hilario, Paulo, and possibly Lampard as it stands are being moved on so there will be additional space in the wage budget. Wages aren't really that big of a concern - if they could potentially shift out Fernando for around £15m-£20m then even better as this would free up a lot in wages as well as practically paying off the rest of his amortisation fee - but I'm not banking on that.

We are officially allowed to go €45m in the minus with FFP because Roman can cover us, that's the maximum he's allowed to cover us for. That works out to around £38m. Let's for arguments sake say we sign Schurrle (£20m), Moutinho (£25m) and Lewandowski (£25m) on 5 year contracts - this rounds up to £70m in transfer fees. 70/5 = £14m in transfer fees for the year - whilst also having freed up initial space in our wage budget with the release of former players, we could realistically afford it. We'd still have a leeway of £24m.

So, in this scenario for example, we spend £100m/£120m on players and give them all 5 year contracts; it would collectively show up as (£25m) max on our balance sheet due to amortisation.

Not to mention that stuff like academy fees, managerial payoffs etc. don't count in FFP - add that to the fact that we actually made profit this year and you'll soon realise that we do have quite a bit to play around with.

I don't understand any plausible way we could head into the next season and challenge for ANYTHING without buying a quality defender and an actual striker. I love Ba, but God bless him, he's not the solution, especially not alone.