The Mourinho Thread

I like how some people here once said City wouldn't be a real threat because they have an ageing squad.

Short term is the correct term you are looking for. Only a threat in the short term. Lets face it once Toure retires and Aguero goes to Madrid, Man City's attacking power is pretty much gone.

I like how some people here once said City wouldn't be a real threat because they have an ageing squad.

They can start well but you need to wait till December when they are crash out of the CL and falling apart.

Would not surprise me to be honest.

I think today's performance has been scrutinised well on the forum so i don't have to much to add. What concerns me again is Mourinho's arrogance resurfacing again. Someone said on this forum that Mourinho's refusal to answer a question was genius or some other ridiculous superlative. He's asked a reasonable question ''Why was Cahill dropped? his answer '' I don't have to answer that''. Err yes you do mate you can be rude and brusque with journalists but you do realise that us as Chelsea fans we would like to know these answers as well. And more then anyone else the 3,000 odd fans who went to West Brom for an early kick off in the pissing down rain they should be entitled to answers to what was a basic team selection question.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I think some of us takes ourselves too seriously. To think that a manager owes you or anyone else an explanation towards his selection(s), tips the scale. For the records, he doesn't owe you or anyone diddly squat. He's the manager, if he performs he gets the glory and credit, if he doesn't he gets fired. So unless his firing directly affects your source of income or employment, directly related to the Chelsea organization, your premises are on false grounds.

Lol. City plays on emotions, especially when it comes to Chelsea. Well they are not going to play Chelsea 38 times. That squad cannot sustain the rigors of the season.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I think some of us takes ourselves too seriously. To think that a manager owes you or anyone else an explanation towards his selection(s), tips the scale. For the records, he doesn't owe you or anyone diddly squat. He's the manager, if he performs he gets the glory and credit, if he doesn't he gets fired. So unless his firing directly affects your source of income or employment, directly related to the Chelsea organization, your premises are on false grounds.

It's not about taking myself seriously at all mate. I and other fans would like to know one simple question why was Cahill dropped nothing more nothing less. Doesn't owe me or anyone diddly squat?.Not personally no but he's the manager of the team that i've supported through thick and very fucking thin and i'll be supporting them long after he's gone. I met Bobby Campbell (i doubt you would have heard of him mate) a couple of months ago down the Fulham Road and he stopped and talked for a couple of minutes.You see that's what supporting a CLUB is all about it's not an organization mate it's a football club who's roots are in the local community even if those roots are being cut.

I don't recall mentioning Mourinho getting fired but what utter bollocks your saying basically unless it affects me personally i'm not entitled to voice my opinion? False grounds Jesus doesn't directly affect my source of income or employment well that's nothing but a straw man argument.

Short term is the correct term you are looking for. Only a threat in the short term. Lets face it once Toure retires and Aguero goes to Madrid, Man City's attacking power is pretty much gone.

they have have bought 50mil sterling and looking to buy a 56mil kdb and bought 31 mil otamendi.

their model might be short term but i think they are willing to give double the investment of any other tea,.

The average age of Mourinho's signings since his return has been 25.8 which includes five 22 or unders brought and put straight in the first team squad, if you count Tibos loan return its six. Could be seven soon with Stones, maybe even eight with Pogba.

The average age of Pellegrinis signings is 27.3 with only one 22 or under signed and put straight into the first team squad.

If Mourinho is a short term manager who only thinks of the here and now, what on earth does that make Greenie?

Mate the difference is before mou arrived we were building around young players. City is a win now mode, it makes sense to bring in established and older players because their core players like Toure, Silva, Kompany, and Kun window of opportunity is closing. It would be foolish on their part to build a squad for the future when they should focus on winning now.

Ex-Inter President Moratti asked if Mourinho or legendary Herrera - the greatest coach Inter had ever had: "Mourinho" #CFC (football-italia)

:D

His two year spell at Inter was something special, especially his second season! :D That season Inter was a fantastic team to watch.