The Mourinho Thread

And I say it's his judgement that's stopping him. His judgement, not yours or mine.

well, then his judgement is costing us big time. And if his judgment says that iva is a better RB than axpi, then we need a new manager asap

Fine. Lets take a poll and see how many chelsea fans support jose's decision of continuing to start with iva. Why don't u start a poll and see the results for urself.

I am sorry. But are u telling me that its onky my opinion that iva no longer cuts it as a RB? and that azpi is better?

Jose is a human too. He can make mistakrs and he is making a lot of mistakes. Simply cos of his favouritism and ego

Are u saying that subbing pedro for mikel while shifting cesc on the right to cover for iva was not a mistakr?

Well, I have nothing more to say to u, if u can't agree to 1+1 =2 cos jose says its 11

There is a difference between support and agree.

As for the arithmetic, it is more complicated than that of course. This is judgement not science. What looks like two to you does not seem to look like two to Jose. What makes you right and him wrong? If your answer is to turn the question around and ask what makes Jose right, I'd have to say that's the correct question. The thing is though that Jose has earned the right to have his judgement put into effect and in doing so he has earned my confidence and that of hundreds of thousands of Chelsea fans.

That's the way it is.

well, then his judgement is costing us big time. And if his judgment says that iva is a better RB than axpi, then we need a new manager asap

I'd rather have a new didierforever if you don't mind. :)

Again it is only your opinion that Jose is costing us. You have only your own belief to support your claim. It's perfectly reasonable for you to back your own judgement. I happen to think that I am a very good judge of football too but why should anyone believe me? No reason at all. With Jose that must be different however.

Bad form is temporary, people seem to forget this when they criticize Jose's decision to keep investing trust in Ivanovic, Cesc, Willian and Matic despite them not playing well in these last games. Let's not forget these players played a crucial role in us winning the title last season and (perhaps with the exception of Willian) they were the best players in the league in their position.

A player doesn't lose his skill and talent because of 2 months holidays. It's only a matter of time until they are back to their best and this will not happen if they are benched. Just look at Yaya Toure, he was in bad form for months and now that he's back to good form City is looking fierce again.

This is the difference between a professional manager and a sofa manager. You people are too quick to demand a player to be benched because of a few bad games. You forget too quickly what the player is capable of when he's at his best form and you don't realize he'll never be back to good form if he's not given the opportunity to be.

As far as I'm concerned, José is trying his best to turn this around. Playing Pedro and Willian today was impressive, for me, because he's firstly understood that Willian is capable of that number 10 role ahead of using Ramires anywhere on the pitch. But also he trusts Pedro and that trust was rewarded tenfold today!

Yes we've got problems in defence and midfield, but he's solved one of our issues. Which is our lack of attacking depth on the right hand side. Let's hope when Baba's got enough training under his belt that Ivanovic will be phased out.

Mourinho's got now Ivanovic and Terry to be concerned with. Zouma put in a good performance as usual, so you can see that Mou's starting to trust him. That's one step. But he also knows he can't just replace 3/4 of that backline and expect them to click. The quadruple of Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry and Azpili took 2-3 seasons to gel perfectly. He'll understand that Rahman and Stones will have to be eased in.

I still trust him to turn this around. This season might not be a title winning one, but it'll be a positive transition. Bolded and underlined because our past attempts at 'transition' have been dire, but I really do believe Mou can pull this off. It won't be pretty, but it could be effective.

Amen.

As far as I'm concerned, José is trying his best to turn this around. Playing Pedro and Willian today was impressive, for me, because he's firstly understood that Willian is capable of that number 10 role ahead of using Ramires anywhere on the pitch. But also he trusts Pedro and that trust was rewarded tenfold today!

Yes we've got problems in defence and midfield, but he's solved one of our issues. Which is our lack of attacking depth on the right hand side. Let's hope when Baba's got enough training under his belt that Ivanovic will be phased out.

Mourinho's got now Ivanovic and Terry to be concerned with. Zouma put in a good performance as usual, so you can see that Mou's starting to trust him. That's one step. But he also knows he can't just replace 3/4 of that backline and expect them to click. The quadruple of Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry and Azpili took 2-3 seasons to gel perfectly. He'll understand that Rahman and Stones will have to be eased in.

I still trust him to turn this around. This season might not be a title winning one, but it'll be a positive transition. Bolded and underlined because our past attempts at 'transition' have been dire, but I really do believe Mou can pull this off. It won't be pretty, but it could be effective.

Good post, but lets be honest, for the past 100 years this is the 8th "transition" season...

I'd rather have a new didierforever if you don't mind. :)

Again it is only your opinion that Jose is costing us. You have only your own belief to support your claim. It's perfectly reasonable for you to back your own judgement. I happen to think that I am a very good judge of football too but why should anyone believe me? No reason at all. With Jose that must be different however.

its not just my opinion, its the fact. want to see the number of goals and the percentages of the total goals we have conceded down the right flank in the last year?

Nothing wrong with his tactics today. Lack of depth still worryng. Playing Terry instead of Cahill was the right decision.

A new LB was bought, and I hope in near future we will see Azpi playing as RB and Ivanovic out of the starting XI, at least as long as RB role is concerned.

Good start for Pedro, at least he can score goals, and we can say the same about Willian. Oscar, Hazard and Pedro is the ideal combination with William as an option.

Squad still lacks depth and this is going to be a tough season.

Good post, but lets be honest, for the past 100 years this is the 8th "transition" season...

Haha I know mate. For as long as we've both been here, we've seen this word under so many managers.. From Scolari to Ancelotti to even Villas-Boas/Di Matteo! It's always nice to think that it is true, but I want to give Mourinho the benefit of the doubt on this one. He's strengthening in areas of the pitch we definitely need. It seems like centre midfield will be ignored this summer, even though Wanyama is available now to back up Matic, let's hope that won't cost us.

There is a difference between support and agree.

As for the arithmetic, it is more complicated than that of course. This is judgement not science. What looks like two to you does not seem to look like two to Jose. What makes you right and him wrong? If your answer is to turn the question around and ask what makes Jose right, I'd have to say that's the correct question. The thing is though that Jose has earned the right to have his judgement put into effect and in doing so he has earned my confidence and that of hundreds of thousands of Chelsea fans.

That's the way it is.

what makes me right is the fact that we conceded both our goals down the right flank.

what makes me right is the fact that iva got raped by montero and sterling.

i guess you need to watch a match to know that. jose has earned the right to have his judgment put into effect cos he always made the hard decisions to back himself up. replacing courtois with cech, replacing lamps etv etc. somehting he is not doing with iva and cesc.