The Mourinho Thread

"Where I love to be" - SO! Let's dissect this.

Teams he's managed:-

Benfica

Some team I can't spell

Porto

Chelsea

Inter

R. Madrid.

The bolded teams are the ones which I believe he does indeed 'love'. I leave out Porto because despite his success with them, I think that's all it was - success. He may love Porto, but at this point, I wouldn't say Porto is a team where he would "Love to be".

So that leaves Inter & Chelsea.

Inter have pretty much confirmed (or outright confirmed perhaps; Can any avid Serie A followers give this the nod?) that they'll be keeping their young manager Stramaccioni next season. They seem to share a vision, he and the club, and really want to create something special with him.

Jose left Inter in the best way possible. It was a fairy-tail ending. I could only see him going back when he's 60 or 70 and wants one last hoorah.

Then we have us. He wasn't sacked, he didn't outright want to leave; but differences which we don't have explicit details of seemed to end up with Roman and Jose mutually agreeing that he was no longer right for us (in Roman's mind anyway), and thus he and the club part ways.

He hasn't won the Champions League with an English side, and I really think he wants to. I also think we're the only side he wants to win it with.

You can throw in "Manchester United" as a destination as it's easy to do, but really? He wants to create his own legacy. He doesn't want to eventually just end up following in SaF's footsteps!

Another 'option' is Manchester City. The club is run by odd people. So odd that from the looks of things, they may actually be keeping Mancini on for another season. Even if he was to depart however, City don't want to be 'the next Chelsea' and specifically want to do things their own way. Due to this, and the fact a member of the club with a high status was one who swayed Barcelona into the decision of not signing Mourinho on as manager many years back, I can't see him going there.

Chelsea. Chelsea are the only team in England for him. He despises Spain from the looks of things, so he won't join another team there. There's not a team high caliber enough for him in the Bundesliga. Inter & Juventus have their managers set in stone, and he'd never manage AC Milan.

Now we have to consider that fact that he'd probably quite happily face a brand new challenge, and in fact perhaps prefer that option, and opt for a team he doesn't "Love being at", but thinks he could be loved at.

This leaves us with Chelsea and PSG now as realistic options. (If you've stuck with me this far I'll be impressed.)

PSG can offer him almost everything we originally did. What they can't offer him though is an exciting league. He would win Ligue Un every season he's there. Perhaps the idea of leading a French club with a huge vision to a CL triumph, in a beautiful city too, would entice him however. Also the fact that PSG seem cool about letting Ancelotti potentially leaving at the end of the season for a club such as Madrid suggests they have a high-caliber manager in mind to replace him.

I think they'll end up with Pellegrini for some reason though. Well, if we don't that is.

So it's either Chelsea, PSG, or a team not in the top 5 leagues. (I always thought he'd consider a team like Galatasaray you know.)

The ball is in your court, Roman.

(That was fun.)

I honestly think it has absolutely nothing to do with that, it has do to with whether he will give Mourinho full power in the transfer window or not...

I bet you that the only thing holding Jose´s rerturn is Roman´s unwillingness to let him have all the decisions that now belongs to him and Emenalo.

If that's the case Roman only has to look at the past to find his answer. When Mourinho first joined and had full power we dominated, and looked like dominating for years to come. As soon as Mourinho's power waned the wheels started coming off. Since power has been dispersed amongst others that aren't managing, we have still won things but shown a lot of inconsistency and poor footballing decisions.

If he does return, I want the old Mourinho back. Not the Mourinho that Real Madrid have had this season. It's not that I wouldn't have faith in him anymore, it's just that he didn't seem optimistic at all today and it was so obvious, because you could tell he looked quite depressed during the whole game.

Don't get me wrong - I would be really glad if he returned. But would things work the same way they once did?

This is all going to boil down to Roman making his mind up with what he wants.

Either he wants Chelsea to create a new identity which takes time and patience, or he wants Chelsea to simply win.

Quite frankly, I loved the identity Chelsea had under Mourinho...a winning machine! This is the greatest indicator yet that he is prepared to return and Roman must make it happen!

I don't think those two are mutually exclusive. I think Mourinho has changed and appears almost humbled by his experience in Madrid.

He's literally looking to go back to where he was loved.....we're looking for someone to love. This could be the perfect marriage.

I honestly wouldn't mind if we didn't win anything next season - as long as the Special One is back. I know it sounds crazy, but after all the misery and humiliation we went through this season I just want to be able to actually enjoy watching us play again - with a manager who's blue for a change :-)

So Mourinho to Chelsea and Ancelotti to Real Madrid. Let's see if will be Wenger to PSG. But the first two are 95% done

Sky Italy just revealed the 4 signings Abramovich promised to Mourinho. Remember I told you about Falcao? Here we go

Abramovich promised to Mourinho, in this order: 1) Falcao; 2) Di Maria; 3) Moutinho; 4) Pepe.

What Mourinho is desperate to say is that he's going back to Chelsea. Because he is.

^ Journalist for the Telegraph

Just want to add to my own PSG - Chelsea bit:

Who would Mourinho rather work with? Moura or Hazard? My bet is Hazard, although it could be Moura. Mata or Pastore? Laughable to even suggest Pastore. Ageing Thiago Silva, or blossoming Luiz? Probably Luiz. Old Maxwell or Old Cole? Cole. Shit Van Der Wiel or Azpi? Azpi. Matuidi or Ramires? No idea. Lavezzi or Moses? Lavezzi.

I'd say that our current squad would appeal to him quite a bit more than PSG's. Another good tick for us.

Finally, there's the point where he could simply just not choose us. Remember the reports of him not wanting to re-join because of interferences when it comes to transfers? He's never had full control over transfers. Porto are renowned for their scouting team. They pick the players. They present them to people other than the manager who say "Yep, alright, they'll make a profit one day" and they're signed.

Chelsea are Chelsea. Inter are like us with transfers only with less financial power. Real Madrid are pretty similar to us too in that regard.