The Mourinho Thread

The whole 'Jose enemy of football' blah seems to be making a comeback following all this.So yeah for whatever reason definitely hate us.The reports on this whole saga are just daft.Its the same story with random twists added to it and apparently means this this and this.

First it seemed we were being slow with signings now its getting near the end god knows what's gone on.Pre season has shown we do need strengthening in some areas and yet for whatever reason being held back and nothing more on that.

This same ole recycled argument of Jose "mind game" "taking attention away from the team" that is used as an excuse whenever he messes up/loses his temper is getting old. Basically when other managers mess up, they are unprofessional (insert your won word/term here) but when jose does, he's a genius who did it deliberately to distract the media.

If given the choice I will rather have the media attention on our result rather than this clusterfuck of a drama which does absolutely nothing to help the club's image.

Exactly. And it's not like it's media's fault for the bad performances, bad results and lack of transfer activity.

Just read a piece from the Telegraph about how disliked Chelsea and Mourinho are -- apparently we care. Anyway, it got me wondering if the Mourinho dissenters within the media, with their hundreds of articles every time José opens his mouth, have ever considered how they'd manage to put food on the table if Mourinho decided to knock the management on the head. Because if this week is anything to go by, there's nothing else to talk about.

Yeah pretty much that's another thing.

The like him because they keep them busy.

Even the one who don't "like him" actually can't live with out him because it makes their time more fun hating and talking.

If Mourinho didn't say much like say RDM people will not care.

Now, not that I approve of this shenanigans but you can't deny it that people love "controversy"

And also how are the players suppose to concentrate/focus amidst the tension and drama?

I'll take a punt and say they don't really care and are concentrating just fine.

The boys on Match of the Day 2 Extra have just rightly pointed out that hardly a word has been spoken about the result to Swansea and that even less has been said about today's game. The team are about to play one of the hardest games of the season after a poor start and are walking in to it with basically no speculation from the press because the media are all going to be looking toward the bench. I'd say that's great for a player.

They also noted an interview during the week with Matic, where he said he loves how spiky -- to use their term -- José is. Matic said that Mourinho in the press conference is not Mourinho on the training ground. Couple that with the training ground pictures this week where players and manager alike were all smiles.

The players know what they have in Mourinho. These guys watch managers drop, remove and let well liked players/friends leave all the time -- think Mata. So why is it you think they'll to go to bits mentally because Mourinho had a spat with two doctors?

It was a mistake that has been blown out of proportion by the press and has now been discussed to death by fans who are more worried about popularity contests and PR than football results... How very Arsenal.

I wonder is Mourinho angling for new signings in terms of just Stones and Baba or does he want more? I would understand though if the board told him he's not getting any more funds for the final third of the pitch considering how much money he has spent/wasted on the RW alone...

This same ole recycled argument of Jose "mind game" "taking attention away from the team" that is used as an excuse whenever he messes up/loses his temper is getting old. Basically when other managers mess up, they are unprofessional (insert your won word/term here) but when jose does it, he's a genius who did it deliberately to distract the media.

If given the choice I will rather have the media attention on our result and performance rather than this clusterfuck of a drama which does absolutely nothing to help the club's image.

And also how are the players suppose to concentrate/focus amidst the tension and drama?

This same ole recycled argument of Jose "mind game" "taking attention away from the team" that is used as an excuse whenever he messes up/loses his temper is getting old. Basically when other managers mess up, they are unprofessional (insert your won word/term here) but when jose does it, he's a genius who did it deliberately to distract the media.

If given the choice I will rather have the media attention on our result and performance rather than this clusterfuck of a drama which does absolutely nothing to help the club's image.

But it is true. Hardly anyone talking about Chelsea's poor performances against both Arsenal and Swansea.

And I'm sure there is no tension or drama in the dressing room. Chelsea players are used to this and on they never show it on the pitch with erratic displays.

All that "take pressure off the players" nonsense gets thrown out the window if we lose today. Knives are already out after this latest episode & rightfully so. There was no need to drag two professionals into his childish rants which ultimately led into the Sun's latest disgusting headline story about Eva. A win kills off the impending crisis stories & all of this is eventually forgotten. A loss would be a disaster for his job.

I wouldn't place the blame on us being hated solely on Mourinho though. Both our fans & players have done tons of stupid shit in the past to place us in that position. Neither Madrid or Inter were truly hated imo, different matter altogether with us for several obvious reasons

I wonder is Mourinho angling for new signings in terms of just Stones and Baba or does he want more? I would understand though if the board told him he's not getting any more funds for the final third of the pitch considering how much money he has spent/wasted on the RW alone...

How do we know that Jose bought any of the players you have in mind?

But it is true. Hardly anyone talking about Chelsea's poor performances against both Arsenal and Swansea.

And I'm sure there is no tension or drama in the dressing room. Chelsea players are used to this and on they never show it on the pitch with erratic displays.

First off i disagree that majority of jose's controversy are contrived and done with the team and club's best interest at heart. that's just bollocks AFAIC. Now if the argument is that his temper and controversial tendencies results in "unintended consequences" of easing pressure off the team, it might be more believable. which leads to the question, is it worth tarnishing the image of the club and his own legacy all in the name of taking attention and pressure away from the team. To me it's definitely not worth it. There's more to football than just winning. things like integrity, good reputation, professionalism amongst other things are important as well.

Imo an overwhelming majority of the controversy Jose has created in his career is out of his nature/character and not some masterplan that is done intentionally but since that has been the narrative for a long time, jose takes full advantage of it because he knows he can be himself/act in a totally unprofessional manner and still get praised for it by some who are gullible enough to fall for it. Not every manager can be humble, respectful,matured, unassuming, a good sport, possess a thick skin and just generally pleasant. Some people are just who they are, so let's stop making excuses.

Off the field is problematic enough, let's hope we show some dignity on the pitch with some good tactic and performance and not just desperate 11 behind the ball stuff for damage limitation after last week's result.

Knowing him though we will probably do just that and then people come in and praise him for a tactical masterclass and how great of a 'chess' match it has been :/

Off the field is problematic enough, let's hope we show some dignity on the pitch with some good tactic and performance and not just desperate 11 behind the ball stuff for damage limitation after last week's result.

Knowing him though we will probably do just that and then people come in and praise him for a tactical masterclass and how great of a 'chess' match it has been :/

Dear oh dear. How is playing to your strength and nullifying your opponent with a firm defense undignified?

Am I to assume you'd rather be gung-ho and risk getting scalped by a direct rival but score some points on the football morality table instead? I'd bite your hand off right now for a point away to the joint league favorites.

Dear oh dear. How is playing to your strength and nullifying your opponent with a firm defense undignified?

Am I to assume you'd rather be gung-ho and risk getting scalped by a direct rival but score some points on the football morality table instead? I'd bite your hand off right now for a point away to the joint league favorites.

Not gung-ho but at least good COUNTER ATTACKING FOOTBALL. Not just park the bus and not having a shot on target until the 70th min or something like that. All I ask for is at least giving it a right go like we did in 13-14 and not park it until a lucky break like we did last season.

Also playing to your strength which is counter attacking football, the only thing we are great at. It would be undignified if we just camp around our box for the whole match as if we are Watford or some small club with limited players.

predictable response.

There's this thing called balance and going all out defensive against any half decent team we face isn't necessarily playing to our strength and the best or only way to get a result. Any team working with our budget and transfer spending over the last 10 years which is close to £1billion has the responsibility to entertain just as much as win as much as possible.

This we are the underdogs against any half decent teams domestically and in europe mentality is one of the few things holding us back. How are players like hazard,Fabregas,Willian Oscar et al suppose to play to their full potential in big games when they are handicapped both tactically and mentally (The mentality thats been instilled into them i.e you are not good enough to go toe to toe with the almighty Arsenal, Liverpool, mancity, psg etc so park that damn bus all night long)

And evidently that same mentality has rubbed off on some of our fans. A club of our status and ability shouldn't have to park the bus in order to get a result in virtually every big game.

Just as predicted in preseason, his big game tactic finally got found out. Usually they would be limited to a couple of chances max the whole match, but now they could have been 5-0 up by half time.

I fear for us, I really do especially if we do not make any new signing.