The Mourinho Thread

You what? Highlight the sexism please. I'll wait...

"The lady is a bit confused, with all respect. I'm not laughing, because her husband went to Chelsea to replace Roberto Di Matteo and he went to Real Madrid and replaced Carlo Ancelotti. The only club where her husband replaces me was at Inter Milan, where in six months he destroyed the best team in Europe at the time. And for her to think about me and to speak about me, I think the lady needs to occupy her time and if she takes care of her husband's diet she will have less time to speak about me."

He told her to basically go back in the kitchen and make healthier meals for her husband. Are you serious?

He told her to basically go back in the kitchen and make healthier meals for his husband. Are you serious?

Holy inference Batman!

Sorry, but he didn't. What he did effectively say was; your husband is fat, concern yourself with him and you won't have time to worry about me.

He was responding to a woman though, so I suppose the perfectly sound and logical conclusion is that he must mean that she rolls up her sleeves and makes Rafa a pie. Big ol' sexist Jose believes women belong in the kitchen.

I could be wrong and will hold my hands up if it's the case, but I don't even remember the various media outlets, who love to get at Jose, reporting it as a sexist comment. In fact, most seemed to frame it, as I have, as a comment on Rafa's weight.

Anyway, I don't think I can be bothered any more.

Holy inference Batman!

Sorry, but he didn't. What he did effectively say was; your husband is fat, concern yourself with him and you won't have time to worry about me.

He was responding to a woman though, so I suppose the perfectly sound and logical conclusion is that he must mean that she rolls up her sleeves and makes Rafa a pie. Big ol' sexist Jose believes women belong in the kitchen.

I could be wrong and will hold my hands up if it's the case, but I don't even remember the various media outlets, who love to get at Jose, reporting it as a sexist comment. In fact, most seemed to frame it, as I have, as a comment on Rafa's weight.

Anyway, I don't think I can be bothered any more.

Umm..you missed the actual part that was sexist.

"Worry about your husbands diet" = cook him better food = get back in the kitchen.

Don't quote me again.

Some amount of shite in this thread, anyone backing Mourinho really doesn't have a clue.

He needlessly hit out at her. Let's say she doesn't do that the next time and a player is injured? Who's fault is it then? Hers for not going on because she's been instructed not to due to something to do with a counter attack or Jose's for being an absolute idiot and saying she shouldn't because of the footballing reason? He's just gone too far with this one tbf.

The amount of grief Eva is getting for doing her job from some people on here is ridiculous. The sun might shine out of Mourinho's arse sometimes but he is wrong here. Sooner people realize that the fucking better.

Some amount of shite in this thread, anyone backing Mourinho really doesn't have a clue.

He needlessly hit out at her. Let's say she doesn't do that the next time and a player is injured? Who's fault is it then? Hers for not going on because she's been instructed not to due to something to do with a counter attack or Jose's for being an absolute idiot and saying she shouldn't because of the footballing reason? He's just gone too far with this one tbf.

The amount of grief Eva is getting for doing her job from some people on here is ridiculous. The sun might shine out of Mourinho's arse sometimes but he is wrong here. Sooner people realize that the fucking better.

Exactly.

1. Player's health takes precedence before anything else.

2. Referee controls the game and you can clearly see the medical staff being signaled to go on the pitch.

3. Wether what Eva did was right or wrong is kind of irrelevant, since what started this shit storm was Jose's blabbering to the media. Plain and simple. If he had kept his mouth shut we wouldn't be here.

I wonder how did the media made these stories, knowing the inside situation before anyone at CFC make any statement? Bollocks? "inside sources"?

If it was true that the Club decided to demote current med staffs, i believe it was not solely triggered by touchline row in last game. Maybe Jose has been unsatisfied with our med staffs far before Swansea's game incident and many other things which finally reach it's peak on Swansea's game.

moreover, EC facebook comments is indeed a PR disaster, she was like confirming that Jose did something unpleasantly to her. I agree that she should not had brought this to SocMed.

Anyone think Hazard has his parts on this situation for "staying down too long" after he fouled? :ph34r:

Filho da puta is literally son of a bitch, so the word puta is there, and for the professionals those guys have, I'm sure none of them could translate that into anything other than slut. Seriously, there's no more hope for media in England. There has never been for Spain to start with.

I wonder how did the media made these stories, knowing the inside situation before anyone at CFC make any statement? Bollocks? "inside sources"?

If it was true that the Club decided to demote current med staffs, i believe it was not solely triggered by touchline row in last game. Maybe Jose has been unsatisfied with our med staffs far before Swansea's game incident and many other things which finally reach it's peak on Swansea's game.

moreover, EC facebook comments is indeed a PR disaster, she was like confirming that Jose did something unpleasantly to her. I agree that she should not had brought this to SocMed.

Anyone think Hazard has his parts on this situation for "staying down too long" after he fouled? :ph34r:

Saying thanks for the support and that she appreciates it is a PR disaster? Okay, fuck knows how but okay because she was NEVER in the wrong. The PR disaster was Jose deciding to publicly slate her and the other guy, for doing their jobs, in a sport where like all other sports, the athletes come first before absolutely anything. Also they are reckoning he has swore at her and whatever else now, it's becoming a bit more sour but it's not like Jose hasn't had high profile spats wheres he has flipped the lid and big issues with people before is it?

Hazard has no part in this, he went down, medics were signalled on and boom shitstorm in a pre-match conference/interview...

Also I've seen an article saying Jose has wanted to demote her from her position for a while.. but I really doubt that, our medical team has been very good for so many years now, I doubt he'd want to disrupt a pretty settled and well working team.

Can people stop saying shit like this. It really says a lot of your character. Quite honestly it is quite sexist to say that about Eva Carneiro, and allude that she is only respected because of her looks. For me and many others her looks play no part in defending her(she is average imo), she had little to no blame in this situation. She was doing her job, her first priority is the safety of players, not what Mou wants and the tactical side.

She should be respected for many reasons excluding her looks. How many first team woman doctors do you see in football clubs? nerveless at one of the top clubs in the world. That is a merit that should be respected in a sport dominated by males.

Secondly their are many men and womens who admire and support her because of her professionalism and as a role model for many young womens who watch the sport.

Personally whenever i see her on the pitch, i think what a great ambassador for Chelsea football. Honestly there so many things to admire about the professional Eva Carneiro. She is intelligent, dedicated, ambitious, courageous, etc. Your comment and others are so unfair since she is not oversexualized or dress skimpy or do other things to attract to her physical features.

Glad this has been mentioned by someone. A lot of slander and character assassination has been spread about Eva in the fallout from all this, which continues to baffle me as she's explicitly done nothing wrong. To suggest her gender is the sole reason that this has been blown up, because of her male admirers, does undermine her accomplishments in a male dominated sports.

We saw the reception Sian Masey got as the first female official in the mens game from the likes of Richard Keys and Andy Gray, it's no wonder with behaviour and attitude like that why people are suggesting institutional sexism is the root of this issue. Now of course it's not. But the things being written about her, by Chelsea fans especially, is degrading tenfold.

Filho da puta is literally son of a bitch, so the word puta is there, and for the professionals those guys have, I'm sure none of them could translate that into anything other than slut. Seriously, there's no more hope for media in England. There has never been for Spain to start with.

This lady is growing to be a distraction to our season. We will be lucky if she does not wreck the season before it starts. I just found some quotes attributed to her in the daily Star.I don't blame Chelsea for removing her from the lime lights. She needs to be the doctor and stop trying to hug the lime lights. Chelsea is not about her.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/458940/Chelsea-doctor-Eva-Carneiro-ready-fight-Jose-Mourinho-public-criticism

A source close to Carneiro said she was "extremely upset" by Mourinho's stance.

The source added: "She thinks Jose does not like the fact she was an Andre Villas Boas appointment, and that she is a women who is not afraid to speak up for herself.

"She will not take this lightly and I expect her to put up a real fight. She could even have a case for constructive dismissal."

Carneiro spoke last year about how she felt there needed to be some "a***-kicking" women doctors in football.

She told a Swedish medical convention: "In every programme I watched in my life the woman, the female doctor, is either hyper-sexualised - she gets off with Tom Cruise and it is all happy-endings - or she is not pleasant or she is a lesbian.

"This is what I grew up with as a perception of what a woman doctor was. This needs to change.

"There needs to be a***-kicking women that are not behaving like men but are doing a really good job, they really save the day. That is not getting off with Tom Cruise."

It would not be reasonable for either of us to ask others to stop quoting our posts. When we post, we make an opinion available to the TC audience. Others may want that same audience to see a counter, or sometimes supporting, argument. Quotes are just as much a way of addressing the point(s) being made as they are a way of addressing the poster.

I do not know if Jose would have reacted in the same way had we had better results in this or preceding games. I can only say that I hope not since, to repeat, it seems to me that he has behaved badly. What I hope most though is that whenever he sees a problem, he will attempt to address it and that is what he seems to be doing. As to whether his judgement is correct or not, it's his decision to make so if he says there's a problem, then there is a problem.

I did not mean you. You can quote me any time you want, I'll reply. What you call behaving badly, I call differently. Let's just hope he does not behave badly next time we don't win.

Saying thanks for the support and that she appreciates it is a PR disaster? Okay, fuck knows how but okay because she was NEVER in the wrong. The PR disaster was Jose deciding to publicly slate her and the other guy, for doing their jobs, in a sport where like all other sports, the athletes come first before absolutely anything. Also they are reckoning he has swore at her and whatever else now, it's becoming a bit more sour but it's not like Jose hasn't had high profile spats wheres he has flipped the lid and big issues with people before is it?

Hazard has no part in this, he went down, medics were signalled on and boom shitstorm in a pre-match conference/interview...

Also I've seen an article saying Jose has wanted to demote her from her position for a while.. but I really doubt that, our medical team has been very good for so many years now, I doubt he'd want to disrupt a pretty settled and well working team.

I agree that She and Fearn didn't do anything wrong by running down the pitch that day. They just reacted by instinct when referee waives his hand and our player was down. But still i think EC comments just made the situation even worse. even after Jose post match presser which i guess he still frustated by draw at home, then he lose control to 'blame' the med staffs for what he believed as a risking act in a crucial time.

@ bold, by watching the video from SSN i think Jose didn't swore to particular person, he didn't even look at Eva's face when he said that trash words.

@ 2nd bold, this is why i questioning the stories about demotion, replacement etc. where did the media get these while everyone at club is silent.

It is incredible how this story has been blown out of proportion by media and fans. I am pretty sure Mourinho did not start this on purpose to distract from our horrendous performances but if he did he is a brilliant motherfucker cos it has worked out pretty well.

Secondly, I think the a rift between Eva and Mou should not be a problem. Both are professionals. She is obviously a brilliant doc and a strong woman so she should cope with it. Having her around at Cobham is much more important than her job at the games. Most docs can spray ice on a knocked spot or ask the player if he can continue or not. Also I am convinced there are many other capable physios who would work for us.

The media is the media, they blow things up for a living, but I feel the support Eva got from supporters is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, one should appreciate the solidarity on the other hand there are comments like "if eva gets fired Mourinho should go" or with "I hope Eva carneiro is ok. I've got a dreadful groin strain she could massage if she wants" being one of the more harmless ones. The kind of patronizing sexism is no solidarity it is as bad as the jody calls she gets during games.

Yes Mou can be a jerk at times. But he is the manager and is thus much more important for the team and the club than a physio so we people might stop undermining him even further even if he was wrong on this one. Actually I did not even watch the scene because of which he got mad at Eva and I sure as hell won't look for a video as it is only a bagatelle. At least we should make sure that this trifle does not blur our view on the roles of managers, physios and the right of women to a part of the sports the very same way as men are independent of their outward appearance.

Hmm, have been reading up on this for the last few pages.

Shitty business.

What baffles me is that apparently an untrained football coach (unless Mourinho is hiding a Master in Medicine somewhere) is going to tell a staff of professionals when a person is or isn't injured, especially after that player asks for treatment himself (correct me if wrong).

He should apologize to his staff and that should be that. Obviously he'll never do that, because he thinks the equator runs through his butt crack, but still. ;-)

These people are doctors trained to save lives. He (and Hazard btw) are just playing football.