The Mourinho Thread

She wants a public apology and considering suing Jose

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3195658/Jose-Mourinho-stands-firm-Chelsea-won-t-reinstate-Eva-Carneiro.html

Really hope this is not true, as it would be one of ugliest mess of our season so early in. Jose starting cold war again :/

Of course the media are it, they love it, but for one second think about this.....A player is down and needs attention, the medical staff rise from their position and dart on the field, following that they are completely chastised for doing their job, in public and in front of a world wide audience. Who is at fault here?

The manager's argument is that the player never needed nor asked for medical attention in the first place.

The manager's argument is that the player never needed nor asked for medical attention in the first place.

In which case why wasn't Hazard given shit for his actions? The ref twice waved in the medical staff, what we're they supposed to do?

Don't get me wrong, I love Mourinho for obvious reasons but at times he's a knob and an embarrassment. Would be nice to see a season without a PR disaster for the club, couldn't even manage a day.

8 news for this "row" fucking 8. stupid DM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-medical-staffs-treatment-appalling-6242129

Mourinho continues to have the backing of Chelsea hierarchy.

It is believed the controversy at Stamford Bridge last weekend was the far from the first time that Mourinho has been unhappy about his medical team.

Chelsea have yet to confirm who will take the places of Carneiro and Fearn on the team bench for Sunday’s game at Manchester City.

But it is understood the club will confirm this week that they were unhappy withCarneiro’s decision to acknowledge the support she had received over the row on Facebook.

That's really ignorant from Martin Samuel. Yes, players do go down late on in matches because they are knackered but just because that's the case most of the time, it doesn't mean players don't pick up injury from such situations. How can he, Mourinho or anyone else be sure that Hazard didn't get an injury, especially when he's the player who gets kicked most of the time? If Hazard had actually picked up an injury but wasn't treated at the time and something happened to him later, then what - we would be pointing fingers at others, no? It's just like I said yesterday, Mourinho wouldn't have made a fuss about this if we were winning the match when Hazard called for medical attention but because we weren't, he decided he needed something (or someone in this case) to divert the attention away from the result and performance.

You're correct, José probably wouldn't have complained if we were winning. I believe that's the entire point...

He said, which is what the piece by Martin Samuel acknowledges, that he wants the medical staff to have awareness of the game. Having awareness would be not coming on to the pitch after an innocuous incident when he needs all hands on deck. The piece points out, I think correctly, that José doesn't require a medical degree to tell a horrendous challenge from a light one. That's a fairly straight forward footballing decision. There's no point acting like every challenge should be treated equally by medical staff when we know they don't come on for every issue. I mean 9 times out 10 we can usually differentiate for ourselves sitting at home watching it. So no, he wouldn't complain if we were winning, because he'd want the medical staff to come on and run the clock down, and he expects them to understand this.

The good news, I guess, is at least nobody's talking about our performance vs Swansea. Mission accomplished, Jose.

Never mind that, nobody is talking about what happened elsewhere in the Premier League last weekend, such as Arsenal's (hilarious) defeat for instance. Everything has been on Eva/Physios/Mourinho since Monday!