The Mourinho Thread

Its PROBABLY because he IS frustrated about lack of signings and that the club haven't brought in the players we need that he did comment on a small bit part of the squad. When a player doesnt do summet right he gets a mention so just because shes a woman that makes her special?

We should have more loyalty in our manager than a quack who are 10 a penny.

Mou is in no way perfect and I throw myself around my chair at some stunts he pulls and he gets me laughing like fuck alot of the time too. But I know I'd rather have him than 99% of any other managers.

Anyone with any sense must see theres summet going on behind the scenes but 1. He wouldn't have been given a new contract if Roman wasn't happy. 2. Mou wouln't have taken it if he wasn't happy.

The reason why theres moaning/whining/bitchin online is that NOBODY outside of the people that matter have any idea just what the problem is. So everyone just puts forward their own opinions and we all have them.

We have started the season slow. I'd rather that to be very honest than have all the added pressure of trying to have a perfect season and 'Will we win 4 cups'. I'd rather us start slow and build up as the season goes on. Much less crap from the media and you dont get fans wanting to commit Hara-Kiri when we lose 1 game.

I place about as much belief in contracts as I do in the Bible, Scriptures or any other written form of communication :) just meaningless mate, people sign them all the time. How do you know Mou's new contract doesn't have a clause whereby no compensation will be paid if he is dismissed? ;)

You are right though - we don't know what's going on behind the scenes - but there IS something.

Mou does not look happy and is bitching and whining about anything - Costa is fucked again and it's suddenly looking like a long hard season. I guess it all started with the Cech deal and there's probably been some fallout from that.

The problem with Mou is that he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - and that will be his undoing again.

Yes - he is a great manager - but if he cannot work 'with' the club - then he will be gone - it's that simple...

I dont want a new manager - but part of me is already getting ready for the inevitable. Stuff like Eva will be used against him in the future - rightly or wrongly :(

Why picking sides?

Nothing is black and white, as usual. They both are guilty and should apologise to club and eachother.

Eva for going in when it wasn't needed, and Jose for overreacting in public, making it much worse. Also, for not trying to understand that health of our players is more important than winning, even if it was maybe a minor injury.

It's PURE LUCK Hazard wasn't injured last season at all. Pure luck and our medical stuff.

Stay united, let's not be THAT club, with pro and anti manager fans. It's not the case here.

Eva Carneiro Axed From Chelsea Bench! | Daily Blues

video length - 43:04

for the most important part watch from the time I've given and skip to it.

watch from minute 07:00 - 10:51 and tell me what you think about this.

It's the other man who ran into the pitch like I said before.

An important thing is what was the referee doing at the time and also consider this:

We are pressing to regain the lead, we 're not ahead and try to hold on, or at any rate waste time. One of our players goes down. That means -more likely than not- real injury, does n't it ? So Eden Hazard does n't appreciate the game either ?

It's kind of crazy - reminds me of an incident in a friend's house.

I look for coffee - it's gone.

He says "oh sorry mates must have ran out, what a pity".

After a while I open a cupboard and there it was. So I say "here it is, coffee", expecting a pat in the back for finding it.

But he goes paddy, the other one and says "listen you and everyone, never open the cupboards in my house !".

Then Eva makes that twit, the party political broadcast of hers.

That too was a little unfriendly, coming at a time we are all under stress as well.

My verdict is a four week ban - half rations.

The club's court marshall verdict is too much,

Alex Ferguson was a kunt and blamed everyone to protect his team. Jose has huge admiration for Red nose. Overall sport has progressed with more respect and humility expect football. Football has the biggest egos, prima donnas , diving and drama queens in all of sports. It's all getting a bit too much really. The players and managers get a huge amount of ca$h and sometimes it feels like they don't give a fuck or operate within society's norms. In my job if I did to Eva what Jose did I know that definitely I would be reprimanded for shifting blame and responsibility for my own failings or inadequacies to a weaker party. Yet in this case it was turned the other way round.

I respect Jose for what his has achieved for our club but this whole saga with our first team doctor has been gutter trash drama. Doctors are professionally trained to assist anyone in need of medical attention anywhere and at anytime.

KTBFFH!

Oh look, the same people who claim we need stability in our management regime and that its embarrassing we sack our managers so quickly are out in force now claiming Mourinho is a nut job and because we drew our first game of the season, needs to be sacked.

Fuck me. Some Chelsea fans are a right bunch of whiny, self righteous, hypocrits.

You'll all be wanking over Mourinho again if he wins the league. Idiots.

Mourinho was left to his own devices.

If he too starts using the twitter, he gets the sack. before the fans even realize it.

The Eva incident was overblown and is the result of nervousness all over.

About the incident, alright Jose thinks no treatment is needed.

But did he even say that to the two medics, who would therefore be disobeying his order by walking in ?
No because he was fifteen meters away from them and looking the other way !
So in that interview -effectively- he says "those two should have been telepaths and they are n't".

Who is accusing Jose of being sexist? Other writers or reporters? Who or what is Martin Samuel responding to exactly?

I am personally accusing Mourinho of being an absolute dickhead which are two completely different things.

Herere's a question for you. Who is the head of Chelsea's medical department, the person ultimately responsible for player fitness, health, conditioning, etc? The answer, for the vast majority of fans, is why care or who cares. Hint: it's not Dr. Eva Carneiro. It's also not Neil Frazer, who felt Mourinho's wrath in 2005.

Here's another question. Who was the head of Chelsea's medical department from 2005 to 2011? The answer, in case you didn't know, is not Eva Carneiro. It's Bryan English. There were several others on his staff of course, including the likes of Glen Driscoll and Bruno Demichelis, but English was the head of the department, the man ultimately responsible and the man Mourinho once called Dr. Needles. He, along with most of his staff, either left with Carlo Ancelotti or were axed by the incoming Andre Villas-Boas.

The few who survived continued their work for the Chelsea medical team, now led by ... again not Eva Carneiro. AVB hired the well respected Paco Biosca away from Shakhtar, and the Spaniard has been in charge ever since. Villas-Boas did promote Dr. Carneiro, who had been with Chelsea since 2009, from the reserves to a first-team role that included sitting on the bench on matchdays to assist the head physio if any injuries occured. Because she is a woman, the football world took notice. For better (inspiration) or worse (rampant sexism), she's been the face of the Chelsea medical department in the media ever since. Her official title is first-team doctor and assistant medical director.

Or at least it was her title. It might still be, but things aren't exactly clear right now.

If you've been following the mainstream media, you will have no doubt seen the stories about Mourinho losing his cool with his medical team, shouting a string of (presumed) obscenities after them as they rushed onto the field to treat Eden Hazard in the dying moments of Saturday's match against Swansea City. If you haven't, here's a video of the post-match interview, inter-cut with the sideline antics (fast forward to 2min35s).

Note that the supposed protagonist of the story, Dr. Carneiro, isn't even the first on the pitch. That would be Jon Fearn, head physio. He's been with Chelsea since 2010. And entering the field of play was undoubtedly not their call. They were waived on by either the referee or Cesar Azpilicueta or Eden Hazard himself -- I've seen the story told all three ways. Regardless, it was not their initiative, though I suppose they could've refused to do so after the referee gave permission, as Mourinho shockingly claimed they should've. Never mind that such a course of action would've gone against the entire purpose of having a doctor or a physio present on matchday.

Whatever prompted Mourinho's sideline tantrum and unreasonable post-match reaction -- be it frustration, anger, mind games, or a bit of each -- it was certainly surprising. The relationship between manager and medical team seemed to be excellent, despite the continuing issues with Diego Costa's hamstrings. Just the day before, Mourinho said he had complete trust in them.

"There is nobody to blame [for Costa's injury issues]. I can't blame the player because he works hard. I completely trust the medical department. I am calm, positive, and I believe he will be with us for many matches."

After the game, many were immediately reminded of Pep Guardiola's very public tiff with long-time Bayern doctor Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt last season, one that eventually resulted in Müller-Wohlfahrt resigning his position (for the second time in his 38-year career, it should be noted). There's no doubt that the Chelsea medical team were equally unimpressed by Mourinho's public outburst, though only one of them deemed it wise enough to actually comment in public.

Untitled.0.png

Unsurprisingly, it is Dr. Carneiro who now appears to have been punished most severely. According to most sources, Chelsea do not take kindly to even slight dissent like that -- obviously the same standards do not necessarily apply to the manager, but that's a discussion for another day. It would appear that Dr. Carneiro will no longer sit on the bench during matches (it's not clear who will take her spot), though she will otherwise continue in her role as first-team doctor. Jon Fearn and Dr. Biosca, neither of whom have commented in public or on social media, will continue in their current roles, with perhaps just a minor modification or two (again, not clear what those modifications may be).

Chelsea "do not comment on internal staffing matters", so the supposed changes are things that are understood and things that come from unnamed sources. Some of it is probably true. What isn't true of course is the Mourinho vs. Carneiro narrative that is being used to sell this story in the mainstream media, playing up the sexist angle and even suggesting that Mourinho should tread carefully and give her special treatment that he wouldn't necessarily give to doctors who happen to be male.

Mourinho lashed out at the medical team. He mentioned neither Chelsea support staff rushing onto the pitch by name, and there's no reason to think he unfairly judges either of them based on their gender. Rightly or wrongly, he was not happy with their work, and in that moment, felt it necessary to comment and react in public. That was probably not wise, and now we get to deal with the fallout.

That said, it's "just" the medical team, where the keyword is "team." We have maintained a strong reputation for fitness over the past several years, but equating that with the work of just one doctor (who isn't even the head of the department) is quite likely not correct. There's no doubt that Dr. Carneiro is excellent at her job. You have to be to get hired at Chelsea. And if all this results in her eventual departure — again, we hardly have access to all the behind-the-scenes facts and happenings — her replacement will most likely be as well.

Great piece from WAGNH.

Who is accusing Jose of being sexist? Other writers or reporters? Who or what is Martin Samuel responding to exactly?

I am personally accusing Mourinho of being an absolute dickhead which are two completely different things.

Well in actuality the sexism aspect is more a passing remark in the piece. The main bulk is addressing him being supposedly being a dickhead, did you read it?.

In truth, he probably didn't write the headline -- something he often points out in his articles. I just bolded it because it was the headline, but I might take it out.