The Mourinho Thread

Like I have already said, it isn't about defending him at all costs, but pulling the old you don't have to be a Mourinho fan to be a Chelsea fan is kind off missing the point, when people deliver success and endear themselves to the fans an emotional attachment is always going to be there, like with Mourinho, like with Drogba, like with Zola, like withDi Matteo, like with JT too a lesser extent the likes of Essien, Carvalho and Ancelotti aswell.

Some maybe go over the top at times, but it happens when you make such an impact at a club, go on a Liverpool forum and there be Liverpool fans who would never say a bad word about Dalglish despite his poor second coming setting them back years, go on a United forum and you will not see a bad word about Ryan Giggs despite the fact he was dogshit for the last few years of his career.

It's the nature of football, its not a fifa career mode save.

(i) I don't really buy his faux emotional attachment nonsense because as soon as he left the club, he had no business mocking the club in one press conference at Inter and even calling Drogba of all people, a "diver". The guy that doesn't even know the most basic lyrics to our most popular song, ffs. Did you watch the victory parade? I felt embarrassed for him.

Part of this "one of us" nonsense is what Mourinho does at every club he manages. He has a lot of charisma and a tremendous cult of personality, so he either consciously or unconsciously woos some gullible idiots, (who really should revise WHY they support a football club) into thinking his actions are infallible and beyond reproach. So much so that criticizing him = criticizing Chelsea.

(ii) Ya think, Tomo?! Chelsea fans are a thousand times more defensive of Mourinho than Liverpool fans are of Dalglish or United fans of Sir Alex. United fans are sometimes very critical of Sir Alex, a guy whose won countless more trophies for United than Mourinho has at Chelsea. This example is also a bit of a red herring since Dalglish and Sir Alex, don't give as much of a reason to be criticized. Think of all the negativity the man attracts to our club, yet some of our "fans" dismiss it as just "hating, jealousy" or whatever.

Mourinho is slowly but surely pushing himself over the edge. He should know we are his last serious hope. Which top European club will employ him again after us knowing his incredibly volatile and ridiculous behaviour and the unattractive/reactive style of football his team's play?

Like I said there needs to be a balance, not just one way or another. The my way or the high way approach lost us one of the best mid in world football now(Kevin De Bruyne) while the other approach made us finish 6th in BPL and essentially on the bring of having the worst season in recent memory until RDM came in.

It's ironic you talk about the need to have balance when you're constantly bashing Mourinho on the forum all the time, even when he has done nothing wrong.

It can't just be one extreme or another. If we let Jose have absolute power sooner or later the Madrid 12-13 scenario will happen again, Oscar has already started to show his annoyance with Jose, I am sure he won't be the last. I am thinking Ancelotti is the best for this, he doesn't let players dictate him nor do him try to be a dictator.

I swear to God. People do read a lot into players' celebrations, don't they? Nothing has been said or written about Oscar falling out with Mourinho (and there's not even a good reason for that to happen) but here you are, stating as though it is fact.

It's ironic you talk about the need to have balance when you're constantly bashing Mourinho on the forum all the time, even when he has done nothing wrong.

I swear to God. People do read a lot into players' celebrations, don't they? Nothing has been said or written about Oscar falling out with Mourinho (and there's not even a good reason for that to happen) but here you are, stating as though it is fact.

When he has done nothing wrong I never said anything :blink: when he has a fault I point is out like his tactic occasionly or behavior like recently. If I was a matchday going supporter sure showing balance is easy, but on internet forums how can you show balance?

As for the celebrations yes it usually have a point, he used to be happy everytime he scored for 3 years with us. It is a new thing that is probably only beginning, obviously nothing will be said about it. Lets see if this remains the case when Jose inevitably drop him for Ramires against City this Sunday. Actually there is a very good reason for their fallout, such as Jose not trusting him in our biggest games and hence making him feels like he is not one our of most important player anymore. It is not fact yet but it is pretty clear for all to see.

When he has done nothing wrong I never said anything :blink: when he has a fault I point is out like his tactic occasionly or behavior like recently. If I was a matchday going supporter sure showing balance is easy, but on internet forums how can you show balance?

When he does something right, you don't bother praising him. When he does something wrong, you come straight out of your shell and throw all sorts of criticism in his direction.

As for the celebrations yes it usually have a point, he used to be happy everytime he scored for 3 years with us. It is a new thing that is probably only beginning, obviously nothing will be said about it. Lets see if this remains the case when Jose inevitably drop him for Ramires against City this Sunday. Actually there is a very good reason for their fallout, such as Jose not trusting him in our biggest games and hence making him feels like he is not one our of most important player anymore. It is not fact yet but it is pretty clear for all to see.

Jose not trusting him in the big games? What nonsense. Posted Oscar's involvement in the big games the other day and he has only missed a few of them (and some of them had to do with injury or poor form).

Put it this way remember when Guardiola made the fuss with his medical team? The knives were out on here for him from a few members and now Jose has made an issue with two of our medics and people are backing him????

Sorry I get why some people are saying people will blindly follow Jose and back him whatever. If it was Wenger/Pellegrini/Rodgers, it would be a huge fucking problem and people would find it funny they'd hit out at a medic for such a pathetic reason.

When he does something right, you don't bother praising him. When he does something wrong, you come straight out of your shell and throw all sorts of criticism in his direction.

Jose not trusting him in the big games? What nonsense. Posted Oscar's involvement in the big games the other day and he has only missed a few of them (and some of them had to do with injury or poor form).

Praises don't spur debates, criticism does. Beside everytime he does something right there are at least 10 other posters already praising him, what can I do without basically repeating what they already said? But for criticism hardly anyone speak up because it is unpopular with majority as seen now still defending him.

Dude like I said until after Jan last year he would have played majority of big games under Jose because we just sold Mata and Kevin, with Schurrle out of favor. This trend only started recently when he started to get benched in most big games due to poor form as you said, which basically means drop in his eyes.

Praises don't spur debates, criticism does. Beside everytime he does something right there are at least 10 other posters already praising him, what can I do without basically repeating what they already said? But for criticism hardly anyone speak up because it is unpopular with majority as seen now still defending him.

That's just an excuse really. You could have easily come on here to praise him as quickly as when you get here to criticise him.

Dude like I said until after Jan last year he would have played majority of big games under Jose because we just sold Mata and Kevin, with Schurrle out of favor. This trend only started recently when he started to get benched in most big games due to poor form as you said, which basically means drop in his eyes.

Trend started recently? Based on what - the Community Shield? And guess you must have been talking to Oscar since you are so certain that he's not liking being dropped in the big games, even when there's a good reason.

I swear this is the only forum in the world where people moan about other people that moan.

We are advanced. We meta-moan. No Arsenal fan will ever be able to meta-moaning due to lack of cognitive equipment. :Goober:

If your post was phrased in a whiney manner it would have been a meta-meta-moan. Why did you not do that? Jesus Christ, Stingray sacked.

No it was not a meta-meta-moan. It was a deconstruction of our contextual situation in a hermeneutic way.

9cff43e0e7eb2a6ad42875652419b74b.jpg