The Mourinho Thread

Then, there will be some surprises before the market closed ?. I hope so....

Jose said in May that we needed a new goalkeeper (Begovic), a defender (John Stones?), A midfielder (CM?) and one forward (Falcao).

Now Filipe Luis has been sold, so we need another left-back (Baba?).

I think we will sign Baba and Stones, but maybe, to have a more complete and competitive squad, we need another CM. In fact, CM is the position that we need to strengthen preferably / mainly.

I think Jose is not happy with our policy of signings. Maybe it's because of the project for reconstruction of The Bridge, which I understand perfectly, but to keep growing we need to win again Premier League and fight for win Champions League, and for that we need another CM to complete our puzzle.

I think we should at least be fighting for signing players like Koke, Pogba or Verratti ... and much more in a season where we have just spent 16 million pounds. Please, we are not Everton, we are Chelsea and we have a bigger economic power than Everton or similar teams.

And I do not want to criticize, mainly because I am very happy with our squad, but with only one more piece (a CM) we would have a team to fight with Barcelona, Madrid and Bayern in the Champions League, in addition to consolidate our hegemony in the English football . It is only one piece, but it is a piece that can change everything.

Regards.

The only positive point with the season starting earlier is that we (the club) have 4 matches to review the team before this window closes, plus the community shield match vs Arsenal. If the team doesn't perform we will still have time to improve it. The big test is next week against City.

Regarding Jose, I think there are rules within his function where he can't openly criticize the club/board. But he has hinted many times that he wants to strengthen.

I just don't hope to see a repeat of 2013-14 season where it was clear we lacked a striker and "wasted" that season cause we were really close to everything. And we wasted one of the last best years of Ivanovic and JT etc for example.

Then, there will be some surprises before the market closed ?. I hope so....

Jose said in May that we needed a new goalkeeper (Begovic), a defender (John Stones?), A midfielder (CM?) and one forward (Falcao).

Now Filipe Luis has been sold, so we need another left-back (Baba?).

I think we will sign Baba and Stones, but maybe, to have a more complete and competitive squad, we need another CM. In fact, CM is the position that we need to strengthen preferably / mainly.

I think Jose is not happy with our policy of signings. Maybe it's because of the project for reconstruction of The Bridge, which I understand perfectly, but to keep growing we need to win again Premier League and fight for win Champions League, and for that we need another CM to complete our puzzle.

I think we should at least be fighting for signing players like Koke, Pogba or Verratti ... and much more in a season where we have just spent 16 million pounds. Please, we are not Everton, we are Chelsea and we have a bigger economic power than Everton or similar teams.

And I do not want to criticize, mainly because I am very happy with our squad, but with only one more piece (a CM) we would have a team to fight with Barcelona, Madrid and Bayern in the Champions League, in addition to consolidate our hegemony in the English football . It is only one piece, but it is a piece that can change everything.

Regards.

I would have clicked the 'Like This' box but I dont agree with the "I am very happy with our squad" part. I would happily upgrade 4 of our 1st team if at all possible. And our depth is awful.

I would have clicked the 'Like This' box but I dont agree with the "I am very happy with our squad" part. I would happily upgrade 4 of our 1st team if at all possible. And our depth is awful.

Hi friend!

Hahaha! Okay, I accept your point of view. Maybe I should have simply said "Happy with our squad" without saying "very". hahaha.

What I mean is that we have a great team which last year dominated football in England without any opponent was higher against us (despite our bad day in FA cup). With this team we can compete to win Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup. And, depending on the approach of Jose, we can fight with Bayern, Madrid or Barcelona to win Champions League.

I think we are not in a dramatic situation. We have a worldclass (Hazard), a playmaker (Fabregas), Rambo (Matic), a fearsome forward (Diego Diego Diego!), A leader (John Terry (c), an incredible goalkeeper (Courtois) and players more than competitive (Azpi, Iva, Willian)... and a big mystery (Oscar).

Maybe our problem is our backups. That is why we need John Stones, Baba and another CM to get with gasoline at the end of the season.

I hope Jose is preparing himself to make a lot of noise in the last days before the close of the market and we can make three more signings. If that does not happen, we may have problems along the way.

Regards.

Chelsea's lack of transfer activity is "dangerous" ahead of title defence, concedes Jose Mourinho

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelseas-lack-transfer-activity-dangerous-6215001

Now I'm certain that the lack of transfer activity this summer is NOT Mourinho's fault!! He's hiding things very well, but there might be some rift brewing between Board, Technical Director and Manager! It will be interesting how things will play out!

The title is very misleading if you read what he says.

As always headlines and people ridiculous enough not to read everything he said....

What if it has been the board, not José who said the same team should improve themselves and try to win again? We never know.

I don't think we need anything else in our starting XI, but I'd like more depth in defense and especially CM.

Mourinho said in the conference before Arsenal that he hoped by today he'd already have two defenders signed... we haven't.

I think he wants some more signings, but things aren't happening and that could be for a myriad of reasons. We can speculate, but we won't know.

What if it has been the board, not José who said the same team should improve themselves and try to win again? We never know.

I don't think we need anything else in our starting XI, but I'd like more depth in defense and especially CM.

Mourinho said in the conference before Arsenal that he hoped by today he'd already have two defenders signed... we haven't.

I think he wants some more signings, but things aren't happening and that could be for a myriad of reasons. We can speculate, but we won't know.

1. We don't have a goal scorer. Costa is injured 50% of the time...

2. Cesc is poor against "big teams".

3. Our AMC and RW positions not that good...

I'm just saying that without costa, we have a long term problem.

imo opinion we can't win the league with 50% fit costa and remy-falcao.

Based on preseason....?

It makes no sense. If we have that problem in a few weeks time then talk. No point in talking about this now.