The Mourinho Thread

For the board to extend his contract in these circumstances of a horrible preseason, that really is a statement.

They're basically telling him, you'll be here next season even if you don't win titles this season. I think that will really ease the pressure on Jose.

For the board to extend his contract in these circumstances of a horrible preseason, that really is a statement.

They're basically telling him, you'll be here next season even if you don't win titles this season. I think that will really ease the pressure on Jose.

The deal may have been completed some time ago and they decided to announce it just before the season starts. It might just be coincidence that it's announced after a bad pre-season. On the bright side, I suppose it helps to lift some of the doom and gloom, if any, ahead of the opening game at the Bridge.

JAMIE CARRAGHER: Jose Mourinho is worth 10 points a season to Chelsea. That's why they'll win the title again this season

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3187368/JAMIE-CARRAGHER-Jose-Mourinho-worth-10-points-season-Chelsea.html#ixzz3i4eBk0Zu

Here's a good article to go along with that...

Jose Mourinho’s mind gives Chelsea title edge

He dragged us from 6th place and the Europa League to the title within 2 years. Only our second title since he left the damn club 10 years ago too mind you. How in the christ is that premature? He's taken a team that was struggling badly in the league and essentially living off the CL win and transformed us back into the best team in England.

Our team for the for the final league game of the 2011-12 season (just 3 years ago remember):

----------------------Turnbull-----------------------

--Ivanovic---Terry---Hutchinson---Bertrand--

--------------Essien--------Ramires--------------

-Lukaku-----------Meireles-----------Malouda-

----------------------Sturridge----------------------

Subs: Hilario, Cole, Ferreira, Romeu, Piazon, Drogba, Torres.

Our team now:

--------------------Courtois--------------------

--Ivanovic---Terry---Cahill---Azpilicueta--

------------Matic-------Fabregas-------------

-Willian------------Oscar------------Hazard-

------------------Diego Costa-----------------

Subs: Begovic, Zouma, Mikel, Ramires, Moses, Falcao, Remy.

Look at the difference between those squads (I know we were resting a few people that game but even bringing in Cech, Luiz, Kalou and Lampard don't help the squad look that much better). The difference in strength (and age) is massive.

He definitely deserves the new contract because he is by far the best manager for us at the moment. We are incredibly lcuky to have such a great manager that truly loves the club and its fans as much as we love him. Hopefully he stays for years to come and forms a dynasty here.

That's just not a good comparison why do you think the team on the final game of 2012 was set up like that. Of that 11 only Bertrand started in Munich and you haven't mentioned Mata or Cahill. We then bought Oscar and Hazard in the Summer who both are quality players.

A bit premature... Should rather see how he fares in that damn 3rd season. But on the other hand a nice show of intent that he really wants to stay here longer, and the club agrees

It may seem premature but with this new deal, it shows the board is willing to back Mourinho this season and beyond regardless of what might happen (unless something catastrophic happens like we got relegated or something). Granted, Mourinho needs to change some of his ways a little bit but at least we won't be complaining about the board being impatient and wanting to sack the manager at the first sign of trouble.

Oh believe me mate I dont forget that time at all. Or the turnstile managers door we had. BUT Mou has recently said HE WAS HAPPY that Mr Abramovich didn't have anything to do now with players. So this is why I'm worried that it is ONLY Mou doing all this AND NOT a team put together by Roman.

What I'm also confused about is when Mou came back there was a big to do about a term in his contract stating he wasn't in charge of transfers and it was Emenalo/Granovskaia

You're right. Those are the key board members I was referring to, without mentioning names. Jose is consulted yeah, but the final decision is those two. Emenalo identifies the prospect, while the lady is responsible for negotiations. She is well known to be tight-fisted, plays hardball and wouldn't pay a cent over what she thinks the valuation of a player is. Roman just gives his blessing after all is agreed to. She is the one holding up the deals. I do not blame her though, with over inflated prices and the way our former administrators wasted money buying nonsensical players left and right, I would too if I were Roman. The only difference now is that Chelsea rewards loyalty by not asking people to leave. You must be totally, totally bad and outright suck to be asked to leave by Chelsea.

I even found this article by a Liverpool great interesting. This about sums it up for all the over reactive Chelsea supporters.

Lets be honest. We could get rid of him and get any other manager in the world and will lose just as many if not more. Style of football could of course be different, but in terms of pure wins, you'd find it hard to beat mou. He is a pure winner. Love that its been renewed, hope he sticks around for all those years.