The Mourinho Thread

Not really. It's because I called him a child with a keyboard and he's decided to prove me wrong by acting childish trying to conflict with whatever I post. If I said José is perfect he would still have a moan. Anyway, I won't be responding to the child anymore.

And how am I 'repeating the same shit over and over again' when I am referring to a news article about Mourinho that was just published hours ago? You seem a bit confused.

You should also know there is a massive difference between criticism and moaning. Criticising is based on a specific argument, fact or point of view. Moaning is just complaining for the sake of it. Some people criticise fairly, some people just moan and some people just moan about others criticising/moaning. Guess which one brings about quality discourse on a forum?

I don't know what happened between you and Didier, don't really care tbh. I was just talking about why people are leaving. I don't mind criticism, there's nothing wrong with that at all but lately there have been too many people moaning and moaning about the same shit everyday in a lot of threads. I don't know if you're one of them I was just talking in general.

I don't want to get between a fight or something but the 'cya later mata, hello eden,oscar.' part is confusing me. Mata left in January of 2014 and we bought Eden in 2012. Makes no sense to me.

mata was the most integral part of our team. infact the team revolved around him. hell, we could not beat qpr at the bridge if we gave mata a rest. jose changed all of that.

how does it make any sense to say "cya kdb, and hello cuadrado". kdb's usefulness to the squad was so immense that we did not even need for him to be replaced. salah was mata's replacement. schurrle was already here and cuadrado was schurrle's replacement. the current position in our squad corresponding to kdb's position in 13-14 is being taken by bertrand traore

If I said José is perfect he would still have a moan. Anyway, I won't be responding to the child anymore.

hahahha... why dont you give it a try?

oh wait, that would mean you would have to stop crying and whining and moaning for a moment.

and yes, this is whining and moaning not critisizing. if pre-season was a way to judge a team, then barca probably need 200mil worth of investments considering "how poor" they have been in their pre-season.

Makes sense now why he has such poor record with youth development with an attitude and approach like that. How is it even possible to evaluate any player in such a short amount of time.

He must be going "he's tall and got great thighs check, he talks, walks with swag and maintains eye contact, check. Alright I have seen enough, he's good enough and ready for first team football". No other explanation makes any sense in this context.

If i were the the owner of Chelsea with the ambition of developing talents for the team, i would fire Jose immediately for admitting he evaluate young players in 10 min. How can you see a potential in 10 minutes? So he allows older and wash-up players to continue to flop game after game but would not give young players a chance (Drogba in last season and Falcao this season). If he really meant what he said then he is not a good coach. The fact is he has no idea how to groom young players so he always has to rely on established players to execute his way of playing the game.

Well i don't want to believe that his CL victories were fluke.

Mourinho claims it takes him 10 minutes to determine whether kids can cut it with the champions.

Well, there goes any hope of Mourinho changing his ways.

Bit ironic considering the fact that Cuadrado is still here and he decided to get Falcao despite their atrocious last seasons. Mourinho is blurred by history and past glories when it comes to expensive purchases, but when it comes to kids (who don't have that benefit)? Nah, 10 minutes is more than enough. Cya later KDB, hello Cuadrado. Working really well isn't it?

Yes this is why I still believe Mourinho is a manager for 3 to 4 seasons.

Not for a decade or two.

He just can't do it like that, unless he is willing to gamble more on youth.

Still trying to cause conflict for the sake of it? You are quite pathetic. Posters like you are the reason people stop coming on to TC.

I don't think you get what he was trying to say.

If i were the the owner of Chelsea with the ambition of developing talents for the team, i would fire Jose immediately for admitting he evaluate young players in 10 min. How can you see a potential in 10 minutes? So he allows older and wash-up players to continue to flop game after game but would not give young players a chance (Drogba in last season and Falcao this season). If he really meant what he said then he is not a good coach. The fact is he has no idea how to groom young players so he always has to rely on established players to execute his way of playing the game.

Well i don't want to believe that his CL victories were fluke.

That's why you are not the owner.

I get what you're saying but there doesn't appear to be any good reasons behind the lack of reinforcements...

If there were concerns about FFP or lack of quality players on the market, I would understand...but that's not the case

Most of the major european clubs have strengthened their squad (Bayern, Juve, Barca, Atletico, Real) and I feel we are being left behind...

Our manager made it clear even before last season ended that he was looking for players to add to what he had and he has confirmed that we began trying to secure those targets six months ago. We know too, or think we know, that the club is financially comfortable so that's the background against which we can each make our guesses about what's happened this summer. My own is that we have either been unable to attract the players we want or we are not willing to pay the stupid prices and or wages we have been asked for.

In the case of being unable to attract a target, we are all familiar with that particular version of Catch-22. We are a good side, with good players. To improve us it will take great players but great players are in high demand. There are a number of clubs that such players are more likely to want to join in preference to us. It's entirely possible that players like Turan and Varane, with whom we were linked, would prefer to be rotational options for those clubs rather than start for us. This is not a new situation but it is a real one.

In the case of not wanting to be mugged off, I fully support that stance. It's not that we can't afford stupid prices, look at the already ridiculous bids reported to have been made for Stones, it's just that there has to be a line and I, for one, would be delighted if the club is refusing to cross it. If it means we'll struggle to win, I'll live with it. If it means that any wins we do manage will be uglier than I'd like, I'll live with that too.

Other guesses are available of course.

If you've ever coached before you will understand what he means. In such organizations, coaches have already received dossiers, feed backs from scouts, junior coaches, assistants and watched tons of videos of players (new and young) before they ever even feature on the first team. Lots of discussions and evaluations etc., By the time he sets foot on the pitch with first team, the rest is mental approach, he will either have it or not. Didn't Mikel come in as a kid. Varane? Zouma? Traore? Etc., etc.

Yeah but only 10 minutes for a youth player to prove their mental strength? That's nonsense really. So, if someone has the talent but so happens have a dodgy match in his first appearance (or some other factors go against them), then Mourinho is just going to say/decide 'Ok, he's not good enough'? Since you're a coach, I'm sure you can understand why people are having issues with him grooming young players and especially after he said he needs only 10 minutes to see whether a player is good or not.

I can live with Mou not having faith in youth. Chelsea are not some finishing school for the academy. Of course in a perfect world we would fill each position with new academy lads but this isnt no perfect world by any means.

This 10 minute statement just has to be Mou spiel. I really hope that he doesnt think that way. If he does then how the fuck cant he see that we have players on the pitch and in our miserably poor depth that needs upgrading?

IF I was a conspriracist (and I am) I might think that Mou had been cloned by them north London twats with a replica of Wengers brain.

And if we had been watching Wenger pulling all the crap Chelsea has done upto now we would all be jumping up and down cheering him and calling them every name we could think of.

We are in trouble guys and I,m worried. We all should be. Whats more worrying is WHY are we in this position and why cant Mou see it?

I will never wrap my head around the obsession over youth players. Honestly couldn't give a monkeys.

Can somebody please compile a comprehensive list of youth players that we didn't believe in who then went on to be such outstanding players that we'd be lucky to have them back?

I will never wrap my head around the obsession over youth players. Honestly couldn't give a monkeys.

Can somebody please compile a comprehensive list of youth players that we didn't believe in who then went on to be such outstanding players that we'd be lucky to have them back?

Off the top of my head:

Clyne Liverpool but he is not as good as Ivanovic

De Bruyne but don't think he can be considered one of our youth player

Lukaku maybe in the future if he goes and score 30 goals every season for Everton

That is all and 2 of them can't even be considered one of our youth, the others are all ending up at various mid table teams like Swansea, Aston Villa or some unknown team in Bundesliga...etc.