The Mourinho Thread

Yes, but no one is asking the Mourinho/the club to buy like 4-5 players. We just need 1-2 signings to improve the starting XI, that won't harm the youth players' chances of getting into the first team, especially if we were to sell some of the dead woods and buy new players. And speaking of youth players, is Mourinho even interested in integrating them? He has talked so much about it but yet, we haven't really seen him do that in pre-season. He used a few against New York Red Bulls but hardly any against PSG and Barcelona (is he afraid because it's PSG and Barcelona?). I understand we started pre-season late and needed to get all the first team players up to scratch but if some of the youth players are going to be part of Mourinho's plan, like he has claimed on numerous occasions, you would have expected him to use and trust them more. Right now, it feels what he has said is just for show, which I guess it shouldn't be a surprise given it's Mourinho, and the youth players will only get game time in cup matches or some dead rubber Champions League games.

Well that's what I feel like it might happen.

A season where we should have integrated youth but we don't.

Instead we continue using the same lineup and fatiguing ourselves.

And thus it will more then likely cost us.

Then mourinho will get angry with the board, and then the board worried because Mourinho lack of youth involvement....

In the end a manager the wants to stay for a long time must take risks!

If Mourinho indeed is here for just 3 to 4 years before he gets into a schism with the board/owner then he will not care much about youth integration.

Yes, but no one is asking the Mourinho/the club to buy like 4-5 players. We just need 1-2 signings to improve the starting XI, that won't harm the youth players' chances of getting into the first team, especially if we were to sell some of the dead woods and buy new players. And speaking of youth players, is Mourinho even interested in integrating them? He has talked so much about it but yet, we haven't really seen him do that in pre-season. He used a few against New York Red Bulls but hardly any against PSG and Barcelona (is he afraid because it's PSG and Barcelona?). I understand we started pre-season late and needed to get all the first team players up to scratch but if some of the youth players are going to be part of Mourinho's plan, like he has claimed on numerous occasions, you would have expected him to use and trust them more. Right now, it feels what he has said is just for show, which I guess it shouldn't be a surprise given it's Mourinho, and the youth players will only get game time in cup matches or some dead rubber Champions League games.

Exactly. It doesn't seem things are in sync. If the expectation from the board for Mourinho to look to his reserves to make up for squad deficiencies, it still doesn't look he wants to try some of them in coming matches...

I really hope we bring in at least one player to reinforce any one of the key positions in midfield/defense.

Let's be honest Mourinho and Wenger don't come out of yesterday very well. They were both petulant and it's all unnecessary just shake hands that's the end of it. Boxers knock the living shit out of each other yet touch gloves in the final round and embrace each other after the fight. And the early handshake by Mourinho is rubbing the opponents nose in it. Win or lose shake hands at the end of the game and do your gloating or moaning after the game.

I agree mate.

I love banter and taking the piss out of mates that support the north Londoners and Ive wound my best mate up to the point we have had a skuffle but its only close to or on match day and we laugh about it after. I totally understand and love how Mou gets behind us and stands up for the lads and I really dont mind him taking the piss as long as its just tongue in cheek with a wink and a cheeky grin.

As for transfers/youth inclusion etc we really dont know what sort of discussions hes had with Roman do we. All we can do is guess, making our own minds up about things we dont know. And of course we will jump to different conclusions.

But it seems hes opting for youngish lads thats shown promise in regular football for a season or twp who will be ready to play together when the old defenders shoot off. And I THINK I would prefer that to the academy lads we have tried upto now. IMHO they have been over rated.

Ive no idea what the fucks going on and admittedly Im worried. But maybe it might just need a season of cockups to get the people making decisions on the same page.

I've got the feeling, Mourinho take the Community Shield as the pre-test match. Yes he want to win, yes it's not a friendly, but it's less important than PL match.

The real test would be the first game of PL and starting from there.

Mourinho has issues with youth players, doesn't he?

He said this about Solanke last season...

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-mourinho-would-big-mistake-9116007

“His experience this season has been magnificent.

“In my opinion, next year, he has two ways to go. One would be a big mistake and another one is the correct direction.

“To go on loan for a Championship team, or to another team in England or in Europe, would be a big mistake.

“Staying at Chelsea, training with the first-team, having pre-season with the first-team, some periods cover to the main strikers, playing for the U21s and U18s every week.

“I think he would never need to go out on loan and just go step by step here and in a couple of years he’ll be a first-team player.

“When there is a player like Solanke or Loftus-Cheek, this kind of player that we know for sure they have potential to play for Chelsea one day, I think when they are so young it is better for them to stay and develop at Chelsea.”

But now, looks like Solanke is heading out to Vitesse on loan. Starting training with them ahead of the move - http://www.vitesse.nl/nl/nieuws/detail/5143/dominic-solanke-traint-mee-bij-vitesse(it's in Dutch)

CLjhIa1XAAA_3vN.jpg

These pre season tours to the States or the Far East have to be looked at. On the one hand and i suppose from the clubs point of view the most important money. Also exposure and the chance for overseas fans to see the team. On the flip side the players travelling for inordinate amounts of time and risking injury. This season especially it would appear that money was the only consideration because with the Charity Shield and an early start to the season why is this game against Fiorentina being shoe horned in?

Got to say i'm a natural pessimist but i do think this is going to be a rocky season. What Mourinho has to take into account is it's ok winning and playing lets face it pretty dull football. Playing that sort of football and losing well that's a different matter. The squad is looking paper thin and if it's a sort of one in one out transfer policy then we are pretty short of saleable assets. We have to bite Juventus's hand off if we can get some or most of Cuadrado's fee back. I love Ivan but he's no right back and i would switch Dave to right back and spend any money gained in the transfer market on a left back even though we had a perfectly good one in Bertrand.

I have a weird feeling that something has happened between him and the board. He looks so disjointed.

Yeah, he's told them which players he wants and the board and negotiators haven't been getting it done. That, or he's been told he can't spend much. That's what I think.

Yeah, he's told them which players he wants and the board and negotiators haven't been getting it done. That, or he's been told he can't spend much. That's what I think.

Something definately happened, i just hope they get their shit together.

Edit: Wow, 1000th post. When i joined i never thought i would reach 100.

Mourinho has issues with youth players, doesn't he?

He said this about Solanke last season...

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-mourinho-would-big-mistake-9116007

But now, looks like Solanke is heading out to Vitesse on loan. Starting training with them ahead of the move - http://www.vitesse.nl/nl/nieuws/detail/5143/dominic-solanke-traint-mee-bij-vitesse(it's in Dutch)

CLjhIa1XAAA_3vN.jpg

according to @Tomo, this is not true since he gives youth a chance....

He will tell you how he gave sporadically games to Huth and other younger players in his time....

Giving a game to people like Kalas in one big game ain't that great if it's not back with sustain game time.

Bertrand played an important game in CL final, but then what at Chelsea?

So just because Mourinho gives a player a game here and there don't mean much to me or the impact of the player. Has to be a sustained timing like he has done with Oscar.

Mourinho: "Well when I left Real Madrid to come here, Mr Abramovich asked me to fight for titles, not get them, fight for them" (Sky) #CFC

Mourinho: "Transfer deadline day is good fun. I don't think [we'll do anything] but I will be enjoying your show for sure." (Sky) #CFC

Mourinho on deadline day:"I would only have one advice for this season, you don't need a blue tie & the girls don't need blue dresses" (Sky)