test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

The Mourinho Thread

Started by Fulham Broadway,

Well Mourinho, for one, was not able to sign his number 1 targets in the summer. We were after John Stones and Abdennour as our primary targets in the transfer windows as full backs. We had to settle down signing second tier players like Papy Djilobodji. Mourinho has been a victim of the transfer window, not working for him. Yes I agree, his love for Iva is actually getting annoying but who else is he going to play? Baba Rahman? Unproven still.

Listen, every manager has these moments where nothing is working out. It happened with Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti, Hiddink, you name it. Mourinho should not be sacked for the form of our attacking players like Hazard or Cesc. Only Pedro has been decent. The fans need to work closely with Jose, and put faith in him. Listen, this man has won us 3 titles of the 4 PL titles we've won. This man is Chelsea, and it's disgusting to see fickle fans treat him like this. We Chelsea fans need to learn from Dortmund fans. They were in relegation zone for 2 months under Klopp but still trusted him.

As Mourinho said today, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34233979

NOBODY is better than him, in terms of managing Chelsea. He knows best and I have faith in him still. Name me ONE manager that can take over Chelsea tomorrow and bring success. No one would.

Actually, what would be funny is if we win the Champions League or FA cup this year, fickle fans will be back celebrating Mourinho.

1. Dortmund fans are patience with Klopp because it is not entirely his fault for their shit season last year, Gundogan and Reus were out for the majority of it, losing his best mid the previous summer and then best striker for free. Jose will get similar sympathies have we gone on and sold Hazard, Costa with Matic suffering a serious injury and ruled out for 5 months.

2. No shit he would say that, what else would he say? I am out of ideas and don't know what to do, please hire someone else? haha and funny you should say, I can name at least 10 managers in the world who would WIN A TROPHY WITH THIS CHELSEA TEAM. Unless you mean success by consistent league and CL success then no shit, obviously no one can.

3. Your last point is hilarious, erm yh we would celebrate if we win something like that. Do you think people are demanding for Jose to be sacked because we all hate him or something? No we want change because it seems he is out of his depth now and his presence here is causing more harm than good. That is like saying a striker is good if he scores goal, captain obvious...

EMK likes this

He's good defensively, but offensively he's not as a fullback, especially a Spanish fullback. I blame Jose, but even if he plays on the right side, I don't think he is that good as a offensive fullback.

I say 3 of the 4 are not quick enough and Cesc is better suited in a 4-3-3, but in terms of the EPL, outside of City, I can't imagine a better combo than Matic-Cesc.

In europe, most definitely, you are 100% correct, England, not so sure.

and that means nothing because Chelsea's selections in CM can be overrun easily by other PL sides esp. when the strength and positioning in CM falls to Matic alone. If Chelsea had two other strong and capable box-to-boxers, we wouldn't have anything discuss but the manager. But as things are, the squad and the manager are to blame.

We're all salty about this whole situation but I think people are being a bit harsh on José. Yes, some of this is his fault. His stubbornness and ego are huge issues.

If I'm assigning blame I'd put 60% of it on the players and 40% of it on Mourinho. What excuse do players like Hazard, Fabregas, Costa, Terry, and Ivanovic have for just going to complete shit so suddenly? It's seriously mind boggling. These were all PL team of the season players just a few months ago and are now just shit? Come on. That's not all on José. These guys have to pull their fingers out and play to their true standard.

I'm not sensing any animosity or getting the impression that players are unhappy with him or don't want to play for him. It just so happens that all of the players in terrible form are the most important ones in the XI.

One more week like this one, though, and I'd fear for my job if I were José. If we get humiliated by Arsenal and all of our rivals pull even further away it could be curtains.

It seems to me Jose only comes with two-year guarantee policy... what can you do?

That's why he signed a new contract, so he can get a new two-year guarantee policy... but it seems that it doesn't work that way... at least for now...

1. Dortmund fans are patience with Klopp because it is not entirely his fault for their shit season last year, Gundogan and Reus were out for the majority of it, losing his best mid the previous summer and then best striker for free. Jose will get similar sympathies have we gone on and sold Hazard, Costa with Matic suffering a serious injury and ruled out for 5 months.

2. No shit he would say that, what else would he say? I am out of ideas and don't know what to do, please hire someone else? haha and funny you should say, I can name at least 10 managers in the world who would WIN A TROPHY WITH THIS CHELSEA TEAM. Unless you mean success by consistent league and CL success then no shit, obviously no one can.

3. Your last point is hilarious, erm yh we would celebrate if we win something like that. Do you think people are demanding for Jose to be sacked because we all hate him or something? No we want change because it seems he is out of his depth now and his presence here is causing more harm than good. That is like saying a striker is good if he scores goal, captain obvious...

Your first point is pretty much the same here. Hazard and Cesc are away on pre season still. These two players were the engine of Chelsea FC last year. That's like taking away Neymar and Messi from Barca, and expecting it to be the same.

During the Roman Era, we've had 9 managers different managers including Mourinho. Only 2 managers have managed to win us the title. 3 of the 4 were won under Mourinho. Mourinho is one of the few managers that knows the Chelsea system. No manager would be able to match Mourinho's achievements here, he's a proven manager. Klopp isn't proven and plus he is away on a sabbatical. Ancelotti showed why he was a failure here. Every manager has one of these moments, where nothing works out. Even Fergie had it in the 2004/05 season at the start.

Essien19 and stroey like this

My friend thinks the players especially hazard, fabregas and Ivanovic are revolting against Mourinho because of Eva treatment. No other explanation for earning 150k and playing 4 consecutive crap matches

Muzchap likes this

Scenario: Mourinho is sacked, takes a one season sabbatical, waits out Van Gaal's final year of his contract, signs for United in 2017, makes John Stones his first signing.

Are those defending mourinho and this shower of shit for real right now?

It's kinda reached indefensible now hasn't it :(

Oh how I wished you were wrong so many times.

But fair play - you called it and my rose tinted memory was definitely hoping for a Mou Era a la Fergie - but that seems a distant dream now...

Reality is a cruel mistress!

lionsden and zolayes like this

I'm just going to leave two quotes here and that's it, I will say no more about this subject.

"If you can't support the management when we lose or draw, don't support it when we win"

"If someone doesn't appreciate your presence, make them appreciate your absence"

Once we make another Rafa/Avram-esque appointment, as someone succeeding Mourinho, that's when Mourinho's absence will start to matter.

Quotes are all well and good but sadly quotes don't win you football matches

Nobody is denying Mou isnt a good manager - what's biting people is that it's the 3rd season and it's going to shit and we have seen this happen since Jan and nothing is changing - in fact it's getting worse.

I will always support the team - but seriously something isn't right at Chelsea - this fall from grace is nuclear!

MrBlueGuy and zolayes like this

I'm just going to leave two quotes here and that's it, I will say no more about this subject.

"If you can't support the management when we lose or draw, don't support it when we win"

"If someone doesn't appreciate your presence, make them appreciate your absence"

Once we make another Rafa/Avram-esque appointment, as someone succeeding Mourinho, that's when Mourinho's absence will start to matter.

You are assuming Jose is the peak of Chelsea management without any evidence, what are you basing it on? So in your opinion no man in football atm can lead the club to glory but only Jose can? why do you think if Jose leaves we will go out and appoint someone like Benitez? so is Pep/Klopp are both Benitez type appointments?

This is the same old argument being used, Southampton sacked their manager and brought in Pochettino, fans were saying the same thing and we all know what happened. If Jose is so perfect while he hasn't lead us to the treble?

The story with the doctors for example , so I would like Klopp ! The story with the doctors for example , so I would like Klopp ! above
He, too, after getting Done ( What he MADE Dortmund ) When things are going and male You Took the blame for Team To Practically had to thank him for what he has solo Done nia last 5-6 years !
Klopp And a gentleman , not mou !