The Mourinho Thread

I didn't watch the game as had a mare of a day with my Dad being rushed into hospital - found out about the result last night

I'm not pleased we lost - but maybe in the grand scheme of things it will force Mourinho to re-evaluate some of his decisions, which can only be a good thing.

After reading all of the preceding posts - you'd have thought we just got demoted to the Ryman league (if it even exists still)

My only hope is that this isn't some kind of 'power struggle' - we have been unusually shite in the Transfer Market - and I hope Mou isn't deliberately selecting MIKEL and Ramires to prove a point :(

Anyway - hopefully we will either sign the midfielder everybody thinks we need or give RLC a chance - he cannot be any worse than Mikel or Ramires...

On to the next game :)

I don't think he was taking a swipe at Aresena's tactics when he said they were defensive. In fact he congratulated them on their success and change of philosophy. The stupid media is trying to make shit up out of nothing, really.. But, what is it that he sees in Ramirez? :doh:

I didn't watch the game as had a mare of a day with my Dad being rushed into hospital - found out about the result last night

I'm not pleased we lost - but maybe in the grand scheme of things it will force Mourinho to re-evaluate some of his decisions, which can only be a good thing.

After reading all of the preceding posts - you'd have thought we just got demoted to the Ryman league (if it even exists still)

My only hope is that this isn't some kind of 'power struggle' - we have been unusually shite in the Transfer Market - and I hope Mou isn't deliberately selecting MIKEL and Ramires to prove a point :(

Anyway - hopefully we will either sign the midfielder everybody thinks we need or give RLC a chance - he cannot be any worse than Mikel or Ramires...

On to the next game :)

Good post and sorry about your dad mate.

dude, please dont let this forum's prejudice rub off you.

ramires was very good last night.both of our best chances in the 1st half came through him. i think he had a couple of important interceptions, many tackles and was one of the reasons why our right hand side seemed more secure than our left. after willian he was our best player. players like ramires, can do their job. they can provide us soliditiy and balance but never the spark. they cant be the difference in the match. that is what hazard, cesc, matic and costa are for. one of them was injured and 3 of them had stinkers. azpi seemed way off the pace and iva was more hell bent giving the ball to arsenal than keeping it for us.

so, i honestly dont think its down to rambo/mikel and i definitely dont see the point of giving RLC those minutes when he has shown nothing so far.

I also didnt think Ramires was bad. But do you think Ramires playing every big game is the way to go?

dude, please dont let this forum's prejudice rub off you.

ramires was very good last night.both of our best chances in the 1st half came through him. i think he had a couple of important interceptions, many tackles and was one of the reasons why our right hand side seemed more secure than our left. after willian he was our best player. players like ramires, can do their job. they can provide us soliditiy and balance but never the spark. they cant be the difference in the match. that is what hazard, cesc, matic and costa are for. one of them was injured and 3 of them had stinkers. azpi seemed way off the pace and iva was more hell bent giving the ball to arsenal than keeping it for us.

so, i honestly dont think its down to rambo/mikel and i definitely dont see the point of giving RLC those minutes when he has shown nothing so far.

You meant Ramires lost two of the best chances we had. A+ for his positioning, but those were two chances we should have scored in addition to Eden's. He had a good match but mentioning his misses is a negative, not a way to justify his good match

I also didnt think Ramires was bad. But do you think Ramires playing every big game is the way to go?

if we leave out this glorified friendly, why should not i think so?

2012 PL - double over city, double over pool, draw and win against united, draw and win against arsenal

2013 PL - draw and win against city, draw and win against pool, draw and win against united, draw and win against arsenal.

i definitely wont worry about it.

also, i am not saying, that we dont need a new CM. if selling one of rambo/mikel means getting a witsel, i am all in. but our problems is more than just rambo.

it is worrying how cesc massively under-performs every big game. people will come out with stats saying that this is not the case, but i say BULLSHIT.

cesc was poor yesterday as he has been in most of our big games. he is a quality player and will always have a moment of magic, just like that pass to hazard yesterday. if that had gone in, cesc would have had an assist, but did his overall performance still merit more than a 5/10? hell no. he lost the ball countless time, defensively as a no.10 and provinding support to matic and rambo, he was AWOL. and this happens almost every big game. yet we change our formation every big game, as much to accomodate cesc's defensive deficiencies as to play safe.

so again, i think rambo is the way to go. infact a midfield trio of rambo-matic-witsel (i keep reverting back to a traditonal 4-3-3)would be a very very good option. otherwise, i would not mind cesc being dropped as oscar being trusted for once in a big match.

You meant Ramires lost two of the best chances we had. A+ for his positioning, but those were two chances we should have scored in addition to Eden's. He had a good match but mentioning his misses is a negative, not a way to justify his good match

fair enough.

but it was just to show that he was our best and probably only outlet.

From The Guardian Daily Email.

Following a week in which he childishly criticised another manager’s weight, José Mourinho could scarcely have been more dignified. The Chelsea manager patiently waited at the bottom of the Wembley steps to shake the hand of each and every Arsenal player as they returned from collecting their medals, with some cynics suggesting it was all the better to draw attention to the manner in which he turned away from Arsène Wenger.

He needn’t have bothered; descending the steps behind his players, the Arsenal manager appeared to be visibly distracted by something going on to his left, some unspecified incident that appeared to demand his urgent attention … even if other cynics would later suggest it was all the better to veer out of range of the handshake that was not being offered by his opposite number. José Mourinho is 52 years old. Arsène Wenger is 65 years old.

In pubs, on radio phone-ins and all over the internet, people with far too much time on their own hands, used those hands to point fingers in the direction of both men in the clamour to judge who exactly was behaving more like a petulant six-year-old. While Chelsea fans might disagree, their manager appears to have edged it on points for expecting us all to believe, in the face of all visual evidence to the contrary, that his was the better team on the day and that, in defending their own goal while 1-0 up, Arsenal had committed some grave act of despicably unsportsmanlike behaviour to rank up their with that of an American weirdo shooting an unarmed lion with a crossbow. After all, this philosophy of defending your own goal while 1-0 up is not a tactic Mourinho would ever dream of embracing.

“A team that leave their philosophy in the dressing room, and change their attitude and their philosophy, and accumulate 10 players behind the ball every time, play all the second half with nine players in front of the box – this is football, this is very good tactical organisation,” miaowed José, suggesting the only way in which Arsenal could beat his team was by flying in the face of everything they stand for and playing like his team. Of course anyone with a modicum of football intelligence knows deep down that Arsenal’s betrayal of their heritage wasn’t the only reason for Chelsea’s defeat. As their manager was quick to point out, the pitch and weather also conspired against them

From The Guardian Daily Email.

Following a week in which he childishly criticised another manager’s weight, José Mourinho could scarcely have been more dignified. The Chelsea manager patiently waited at the bottom of the Wembley steps to shake the hand of each and every Arsenal player as they returned from collecting their medals, with some cynics suggesting it was all the better to draw attention to the manner in which he turned away from Arsène Wenger.

He needn’t have bothered; descending the steps behind his players, the Arsenal manager appeared to be visibly distracted by something going on to his left, some unspecified incident that appeared to demand his urgent attention … even if other cynics would later suggest it was all the better to veer out of range of the handshake that was not being offered by his opposite number. José Mourinho is 52 years old. Arsène Wenger is 65 years old.

In pubs, on radio phone-ins and all over the internet, people with far too much time on their own hands, used those hands to point fingers in the direction of both men in the clamour to judge who exactly was behaving more like a petulant six-year-old. While Chelsea fans might disagree, their manager appears to have edged it on points for expecting us all to believe, in the face of all visual evidence to the contrary, that his was the better team on the day and that, in defending their own goal while 1-0 up, Arsenal had committed some grave act of despicably unsportsmanlike behaviour to rank up their with that of an American weirdo shooting an unarmed lion with a crossbow. After all, this philosophy of defending your own goal while 1-0 up is not a tactic Mourinho would ever dream of embracing.

“A team that leave their philosophy in the dressing room, and change their attitude and their philosophy, and accumulate 10 players behind the ball every time, play all the second half with nine players in front of the box – this is football, this is very good tactical organisation,” miaowed José, suggesting the only way in which Arsenal could beat his team was by flying in the face of everything they stand for and playing like his team. Of course anyone with a modicum of football intelligence knows deep down that Arsenal’s betrayal of their heritage wasn’t the only reason for Chelsea’s defeat. As their manager was quick to point out, the pitch and weather also conspired against them

I love how Guardian takes a negative interpretation of his statement when it could have just as easily been seen as a compliment for finally adopting a more flexible football philosophy.

Let's be honest Mourinho and Wenger don't come out of yesterday very well. They were both petulant and it's all unnecessary just shake hands that's the end of it. Boxers knock the living shit out of each other yet touch gloves in the final round and embrace each other after the fight. And the early handshake by Mourinho is rubbing the opponents nose in it. Win or lose shake hands at the end of the game and do your gloating or moaning after the game.

Let's be honest Mourinho and Wenger don't come out of yesterday very well. They were both petulant and it's all unnecessary just shake hands that's the end of it. Boxers knock the living shit out of each other yet touch gloves in the final round and embrace each other after the fight. And the early handshake by Mourinho is rubbing the opponents nose in it. Win or lose shake hands at the end of the game and do your gloating or moaning after the game.

Only in football is it so trivial the matters of a handshake lol. I really think they should scrap the whole handshake nonsense before a game so we don't have such matters being called 'news'. Media loves to publicise a non-existent handshake & as you said, neither party comes out well from it.

it's all a bit daft.do love the guy but just wait till the whistle ain't like it's ever far off.no drama,hand shake move on etc