The Mourinho Thread

Disagree with this. Saying Chelsea was the better team is the same as Arsenal fans saying they were better when Chelsea sit back. No team was really superior but Cech did practically nothing this game. Courtois had the busier day.

To be fair, Courtois barely had any saves to make until we went a bit more gung-ho in the final 10 minutes. Otherwise, both keepers didn't have much to do apart from picking up overhit passes, collecting crosses etc.

Glorified friendly or not, this was an important match in convincing the board/Jose that we desperately need new signings. I don't know if it's Jose or the board's plan to not sign a CM, but please, sign an/a Aranguiz/Witsel. I would kill for any of these two right now.

One signing in the CM position is how far away we are from going after the likes of PSG. Please, do it Jose and Roman.

Glorified friendly or not, this was an important match in convincing the board/Jose that we desperately need new signings. I don't know if it's Jose or the board's plan to not sign a CM, but please, sign an/a Aranguiz/Witsel. I would kill for any of these two right now.

One signing in the CM position is how far away we are from going after the likes of PSG. Please, do it Jose and Roman.

He might have convinces them just now [emoji28]

He won't like having lost his record, hopefully he will get another wide man or a 10 and a CM so we can improve our first 11 again. Think one top player that fits in to either a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and we will be nailed on to retain the title as long as Matic, Cesc and Diego stay relatively fit.

I dont know whats going on in Mous head. Hes got one hell of a footballing head so I dont understand how he makes decisions sometime.

Im getting to think hes too concerned with defending and drills it into the lads so much that theyre scared to take a shot on goal.

This is his 3rd season now and I dont think hes stayed anywhere over 3 years. I wonder why?

He said in a interview this week we need to start playing in different ways. I didnt see owt new just more of the 2nd half of last year only not as good.

I realize he got scared and thought we had to play defensively last year because of injuries but we only had 1 today (Im sure we shall hear that alot) so why couldnt we play like the 1st half of last season to begin with (Or was the north Londoners too big of a team?) If he wants to try new things whats stopping him apart from not having the players we need to do it?

He won't like having lost his record, hopefully he will get another wide man or a 10 and a CM so we can improve our first 11 again. Think one top player that fits in to either a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and we will be nailed on to retain the title as long as Matic, Cesc and Diego stay relatively fit.

It was going to be broken sooner or later and at least the defeat came in a meaningless match. His aim now will be making sure Wenger doesn't pick up the wins over him all of a sudden.

It was going to be broken sooner or later and at least the defeat came in a meaningless match. His aim now will be making sure Wenger doesn't pick up the wins over him all of a sudden.

You can call it a meaningless match all you want but it was a trophy at stake. Trophies a trophy. I'm sure he will let them know that. You can tell he doesn't like losing, he threw his runners up medal into the crowd. He obviously wanted to win. Losing it to Wenger? Even worse haha.

You can call it a meaningless match all you want but it was a trophy at stake. Trophies a trophy. I'm sure he will let them know that. You can tell he doesn't like losing, he threw his runners up medal into the crowd. He obviously wanted to win. Losing it to Wenger? Even worse haha.

Obviously no one likes losing but compare it to the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup or even the League Cup. He would rather have lost to them in the Community Shield than in any of the other four competitions, where the stakes are much higher and important.

If Mourinho cant find a way to play Matic-Cesc-Oscar-Willian-Hazard in the big games, keep playing Ramires instead of Oscar, we'll continue to have a problem in those games.

Sometimes it will go well, sometimes it will go just ok, sometimes it will go bad. You cant really say what do we want to do in those line ups with Ramires... it just seems like an improvisation, a cheap solution, not like a strong team.

And Cesc is the main issue, not because of his quality, its not his fault, but because of his physics. If Cesc was strong and aggressive like Koke or Verratti, Mourinho would've played without Ramires. I am sure (Matic-X, Willian-Oscar-Hazard).

But our situation is that we cant play without Cesc, he is our creative force in central midfield, our DLP. And its also almost impossible to find a DLP in this level, we saw how much time we had to wait until we got Cesc.

So, Mourinho, who dont want to get a new CM, have to find a way with those five players, with Oscar-Matic-Cesc in the center. Our improvement as a team this season depends on that imo. Until he can solve this problem we'll be pretty much stuck in our evolution.

Posted it already in Cesc's thread but maybe it fits here more...

Bit of an exaggeration to call it a trophy. When we lost to Man City in 2012 i don't remember there being a massive outcry after that. It's because it's played at Wembley that makes it a bit more prestigious. How many did we bring to Villa Park in 2012 not many we barely filled half the Holte End.

Obviously no one likes losing but compare it to the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup or even the League Cup. He would rather have lost to them in the Community Shield than in any of the other four competitions, where the stakes are much higher and important.

Yeah obviously but its a trophy still. Slightly more competitive game than a dead rubber pre-season game in USA isn't it? Its not much but trophies a trophy and against Arsenal a big rival, still a high stake in my eyes.

Saying its basically just a friendly is just to cover in case we lose in my eyes...

Bit of an exaggeration to call it a trophy. When we lost to Man City in 2012 i don't remember there being a massive outcry after that. It's because it's played at Wembley that makes it a bit more prestigious. How many did we bring to Villa Park in 2012 not many we barely filled half the Holte End.

It is a trophy though. No exaggeration at all. Yes but 2012, who was our coach Di Matteo? Jose is a winner and he will always take every opportunity to win any trophies he can. Its like saying losing the Super Cup to Atletico and Bayern meant nothing but if we won it people would of been happy we did.

Would rather we won it and not Arsenal, as should yous and as would Jose. No point writing it off as a friendly because we lost.

Yeah obviously but its a trophy still. Slightly more competitive game than a dead rubber pre-season game in USA isn't it? Its not much but trophies a trophy and against Arsenal a big rival, still a high stake in my eyes.

Saying its basically just a friendly is just to cover in case we lose in my eyes...

It is a trophy though. No exaggeration at all. Yes but 2012, who was our coach Di Matteo? Jose is a winner and he will always take every opportunity to win any trophies he can. Its like saying losing the Super Cup to Atletico and Bayern meant nothing but if we won it people would of been happy we did.

Would rather we won it and not Arsenal, as should yous and as would Jose. No point writing it off as a friendly because we lost.

Win or lose, it's still a pre-season/glorified friendly which ever way you look at it. Yes, we would be happy had we won but we wouldn't be celebrating much about it because it's not the EPL, UCL, FA Cup or League Cup.