The Mourinho Thread

Absolute bollocks. They had Rooney, Scholes, Nani, Giggs, Carrick, all players who don't use physical dominance as a main attribute when analyzing their ability as a footballer.

Absolute huh ?

Only a sith deals in absolution.

I honestly think he's been told that the days of big spending are over and that he's being forced to use academy players or ones like Moses who were out on loan.

We'll literally be lining up day one of the PL with the same XI in all likelihood. Would've laughed at someone who told me on the final day of last season that we'd start the next one with a weaker squad.

Yeah but why? We are filthy rich. We don't even need to spend big. There are a lot of decent players that would improve us, like Witsel, Aranguiz, Pedro out there for decent prices. Because of the EPL TV deal we won't have to worry about money in the future. Even teams like Hull, Burnley or Crystal Palace can outbid a German CL-team like Gladbach or Leverkusen with ease. We made 100m from TV money this season alone +40m yokohame + the adidas kit deal + luis sale. that should cover the wages. So we can reinvest the major part of all merchandising and ticket revenues, which should be about 200m every year withour making a loss.

There's definitely something happing behind the scenes like people here are suggesting. Mourinho seemed so confident in signing players to challenge the first Xi at the end of the season.

What can that be? it is definitely not some marquee signings. Those are cheaper earlier in the market and if we had someone in the bag it would have been already done. It is obviously not down to money, it is not that we have to pay the stadium in one year.

Mourinho: We have already sold Filipe Luis. We do not need a substitute. We have a squad already complete and in that role there is Cesar Azpilicueta, who is the best left-back in the Premier League

Seriously starting to piss me off. Does he not understand that squad depth/ qulity depth was our biggest issue last season. Not only has the squad been made smaller its lost quality aswell.

His statement on this are quite contradictive with who He are. Jose i know who emphasized balance of squad should haven't commented this way (although i supposed it was only another mind games).

I thought he knows well, having a second options in each position is crucial, and i don't see anyone better than Luis to cover Dave in our current squad :blink:

Now I wonder where the bucks from Luis' transfer will be used :whistling:

Hi friend!

Well that may be true, but I think Aké could play for a team in Premier League this season on loan.

It is true what you say. and maybe could be a great progress for Ake. but the big question is whether Ivanovic Azpi or are injured and we have to rely on a young player throughout the season. This year has been a miracle that both have had a physical condition like Terminator, but if they are injured ... we would have problems.

Last year (according to whoscored) Filipe Luis played 1355 minutes, and Azpi 2874. It is true what you say, for Nathan Ake would be good to have 1355 minutes with us. But the big question is whether Jose will trust him and will give Aké those 1355 minutes or Azpicueta will play every match ...

Although, as you say, maybe is better to give these 1355 for Nathan Ake than Rahman Baba sign ... It's a complicated issue.

I am in favor in what you say, but we all know Jose, and he is obsessed with using 12 or 13 players each season. If Aké stays with us and he has opportunities ... perfect. But Jose has to rotate the team to get with gasoline at the end of the season.

Regards.

just one question. where would the buy of baba rahman leave ake? a 21 year old LB bought for 15+mil. i think if we buy baba, we might as well sell ake cos i cant see him getting into chelsea anytime soon.

just one question. where would the buy of baba rahman leave ake? a 21 year old LB bought for 15+mil. i think if we buy baba, we might as well sell ake cos i cant see him getting into chelsea anytime soon.

Hi friend!

I prefer not to sell him because for me he is a special player. But if we pay 15 million to sign baba, his situation with us would be very complicated.

Another option is in the midfield. Honestly, the attitude / behavior of Ruben Loftus-Cheek yesterday was a bit incomprehensible. It is as if he would think as a big star and not as an young guy who has to conquer the world. Maybe we could try Nathan Ake as midfielder because for me Aké and RLC at the same level.

Right now I think we are going to sign Baba, but the words of Jose yesterday has me baffled. Maybe they are just mind games to avoid damaging the negotiation... But if we signed him Baba, Aké stay in a very complicated situation.

That's why I think he should go on loan to another Premier League team, where he can play 30/35 games at the starting eleven and so we can see if he deserves or does not deserve our trust. And to me he deserves our trust.

When Aké was on loan at Reading he was a great performance, even their fans were delighted with him playing in the midfield or as left-back. I think he just needs opportunities and if we signed him Baba he will have quite difficult to play with us.

With a loan at Premier League team He could return in 2016 to be an important player to complete our squad, and, perhaps, to fit into our starting eleven gradually. I think Nathan Aké is a player who is worth having around us, as Azpilicueta backup or on loan to another Premier League team.

By the way, where is Aké? Why he is not doing the preseason with us ?.

Regards.

Hi friend!

I prefer not to sell him because for me he is a special player. But if we pay 15 million to sign baba, his situation with us would be very complicated.

Another option is in the midfield. Honestly, the attitude / behavior of Ruben Loftus-Cheek yesterday was a bit incomprehensible. It is as if he would think as a big star and not as an young guy who has to conquer the world. Maybe we could try Nathan Ake as midfielder because for me Aké and RLC at the same level.

Right now I think we are going to sign Baba, but the words of Jose yesterday has me baffled. Maybe they are just mind games to avoid damaging the negotiation... But if we signed him Baba, Aké stay in a very complicated situation.

That's why I think he should go on loan to another Premier League team, where he can play 30/35 games at the starting eleven and so we can see if he deserves or does not deserve our trust. And to me he deserves our trust.

When Aké was on loan at Reading he was a great performance, even their fans were delighted with him playing in the midfield or as left-back. I think he just needs opportunities and if we signed him Baba he will have quite difficult to play with us.

With a loan at Premier League team He could return in 2016 to be an important player to complete our squad, and, perhaps, to fit into our starting eleven gradually. I think Nathan Aké is a player who is worth having around us, as Azpilicueta backup or on loan to another Premier League team.

Regards.

Well I believe the attitude of rlc might be because of Mourinho hyping him up before....

But it's all good, I think the kid can come thru.

Hi friend!

Regards.

he was supposedly very close to his loan move to boro before the pre-season.

i am guessing the luis situation has put a stop to everything. luis wont be officially sold unless baba is done and ake wont be loaned unless baba is done too (just so we have a back up under the worst case scenario).

also, i remember jose saying that ake will be loaned out this season (maybe towards the end of the PL or the post season friendlies). so maybe he does not see ake as a real replacement right now, which is a shame.

he was supposedly very close to his loan move to boro before the pre-season.

i am guessing the luis situation has put a stop to everything. luis wont be officially sold unless baba is done and ake wont be loaned unless baba is done too (just so we have a back up under the worst case scenario).

also, i remember jose saying that ake will be loaned out this season (maybe towards the end of the PL or the post season friendlies). so maybe he does not see ake as a real replacement right now, which is a shame.

Ake is not fantastic at LB but since Dave is going nowhere any time soon he can easily absorb Luis' role in the team - I'd be surprised if we buy Baba.

Plus in worst case scenarios he can probably do a better job in midfield than Zoum Zoum can.

Ake is not fantastic at LB but since Dave is going nowhere any time soon he can easily absorb Luis' role in the team - I'd be surprised if we buy Baba.

Plus in worst case scenarios he can probably do a better job in midfield than Zoum Zoum can.

agreed. i think we ake can take luis' minutes,

though honestly speaking, i wont be surprised if we buy baba.

Well I believe the attitude of rlc might be because of Mourinho hyping him up before....

But it's all good, I think the kid can come thru.

Hi friend!

Yeah, maybe he has a lot of pressure now after the words of Jose. But this guy is chosen and he has a huge to go far with us features, but has an attitude / behavior at times that maybe he has to change.

I wish that he and Jose can understand each other well and RLC understand that the words of Jose are mind games to motivate and Jose does not press him too hard.

I hope this guy does not get lost along the way ...

Regards.

could the new stadium be behind all this? I wonder... tough times ahead?

We had to do it sometime, why not now when there is not any big trouble to our title campaign, after some years United and City will have a settled squad and if we don't build the stadium we won't be able to compete with them financially, a new stadium should be a priority right now.

John Terry: "I am delighted Jose will stay for a few more years. It’s great news for the club but terrible news for everybody else" #CFC

Jose Mourinho has agreed a 4-year deal with the champions and has even been talking about staying on for the next 10 years. #CFC (DailyStar)

John Terry on Mourinho's new deal: "For the whole place stability is key for us, which we have missed over the previous 5 or 6 years." #CFC

John Terry: "Other managers know that Jose Mourinho finds ways to beat teams, he knows people inside out, on and off the pitch." #CFC

John Terry: "Whether you’re a player or manager, he does his groundwork. Jose knows everything." #CFC

John Terry: "It’s stable here, it’s calm. But the manager still pushes us every single day." #CFC

John Terry: "You see Jose on the training pitch in pre-season - he is leading from the front" #CFC

John Terry: "Jose demands the very best from us on a daily basis which is why for me he is the best in the world by a long way." #CFC

John Terry: "Mourinho will keep striving, keep pushing players and getting the best out of them individually and collectively." #CFC

John Terry: "Even in the training games Jose hates losing. He hates conceding goals and that rubs off on the players." #CFC

Terry: "It’s exciting times for the football club & to have the best manager in the world, with some of the best players in the world" #CFC

John Terry on Mourinho's new deal: "His hunger to win is still phenomenal." #CFC