The Mourinho Thread

Agreed. When you look at Mourinho's final games in the league only three wins in eleven and they were against Portsmouth. Reading and Birmingham. But it was a weird time after having basically an open cheque book Shevchenko was bought obviously against his wishes. He was an outstanding player at the time but to then buy the likes of Sidwell, Pizarro and Ben Hiam on free transfers was just bizarre. Apparently he didn't rate Alex and was one of the reasons he fell out with the hierachy. Personally i loved Alex and his free kicks were something else. He took one at St Andrews and it hit the bar and landed in the centre circle.

Sheva really was not an outstanding player at the time of his purchase by Chelsea. Anyone who watched him at the world cup of 2006, during which he was frankly useless, would have seen that he was finished. This just reinforces your point that we did not build on success back then. We had the biggest budget in world football but made appallingly bad use of it. We must do better this time and with a, relatively, smaller budget too.

8th league title of his career.

Or maybe he meant his 8th trophy at Chelsea? I remember after the 2007 FA Cup Final he kept showing number six, his 6th trophy at the Bridge.

All in all i was a little bit disappointed that Jose continued keeping his squad small.

Why didn't Jose use more young players in the last games of the season?

We already are the Champions of England and it would have been the perfect benchmark for next season who we can trust.

Jose is always so serious, he cares so much about winning, but if his aim is still building a team for the next decade we have to integrate more guys from the academy. At the moment English prospects are quite expensive and with the increase of the TV money its still going up.

Nonetheless i trust Jose and he knows what is best for us. I expect a new engine in midfield.

I agree and you are right to talk about trust. It's the key word here.

I was very disappointed that Jed didn't get minutes yesterday. The choreographed substitution of the Drog made no sense to me since it used up a slot which could only make it harder to get Jeremie into the game. That is the thing about trust however, it's easy to say you trust someone when you agree with what they're doing but that's not really trust is it? That's just saying that you think they are right. Trust is about backing someone's judgement when you don't agree with, or don't understand, the decisions being made. I definitely don't agree with the side Jose picked yesterday or with the way he handled the substutions but he has earned my trust so I can let it go.

Or maybe he meant his 8th trophy at Chelsea? I remember after the 2007 FA Cup Final he kept showing number six, his 6th trophy at the Bridge.

Hmm, maybe. Didn't think about it this way..

PS: If so, is he counting the community shield? :lol:

Maybe. Maybe not.

Think it was the right thing to happen when Mourinho left the time he did in 2007. It allowed him to gain experience in different leagues and even he wanted to win the 3 main leagues. If he hadn't been sacked then, he would have probably left at some point and the timeline of events may have turned out differently to the one we've experienced.

I completely agree with this.

We undermined Jose first time around by filling his squad with substandard players and then demanded that he produce successful, stylish football. It was frankly immature leadership by the club but I hope we've grown up a bit since then. (In that regard Cuadrado worries me. I do not believe he was Jose's signing as he has the hallmark of the kind of player we burdened JM with before. Let's hope that those of us who have this feeling are wrong and that Juan finds a way to contribute in future.)

Having a great manager improves a side's prospects no end but, in the end, to sustain great success requires players who are up to the task.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-boss-wants-fresh-blood-9322082

Unsurprisingly, Mourinho said he's targeting 'fresh blood' to improve the squad for next season. Think he mentioned somewhere about getting 1-2 new players, although I suspect there might be slightly more than that.

i think he meant 1-2 new "additions". while others would be replacements for the ones that leave (green for cech, bamford for DD)

Sheva really was not an outstanding player at the time of his purchase by Chelsea. Anyone who watched him at the world cup of 2006, during which he was frankly useless, would have seen that he was finished. This just reinforces your point that we did not build on success back then. We had the biggest budget in world football but made appallingly bad use of it. We must do better this time and with a, relatively, smaller budget too.

Fair and good points. Must admit i didn't take any notice of Sheva in the World Cup. Suppose his reputation was bigger then his actual talent. He was always a yard off the pace.

I completely agree with this.

We undermined Jose first time around by filling his squad with substandard players and then demanded that he produce successful, stylish football. It was frankly immature leadership by the club but I hope we've grown up a bit since then. (In that regard Cuadrado worries me. I do not believe he was Jose's signing as he has the hallmark of the kind of player we burdened JM with before. Let's hope that those of us who have this feeling are wrong and that Juan finds a way to contribute in future.)

Having a great manager improves a side's prospects no end but, in the end, to sustain great success requires players who are up to the task.

Cuadradro not a Mourinho buy?

Get the heck out of here.

Only the good buy we say is him and the bad not him, your ridiculous.

No one can ever be perfect and bound to screw up here and there.

Cuadradro not a Mourinho buy?

Get the heck out of here.

Only the good buy we say is him and the bad not him, your ridiculous.

No one can ever be perfect and bound to screw up here and there.

You can hardly be surprised to read that I agree, no one is perfect.

My feeling on the Cuadrado transfer is not based on the opinion that the Columbian is lacking quality but, rather, it is based on the view that he is not a Jose type player, as well as on the way Jose speaks about the player. We might get confirmation of the truth at some point, or we might not. Until then speculation is legitimate.

8th league title of his career.

Both can be true.

He showed 6 when he won FA Cup and he showed 7 when he won La Liga.

Jose-Mourinho-looks-like-he-is-rejoicing

You can hardly be surprised to read that I agree, no one is perfect.

My feeling on the Cuadrado transfer is not based on the opinion that the Columbian is lacking quality but, rather, it is based on the view that he is not a Jose type player, as well as on the way Jose speaks about the player. We might get confirmation of the truth at some point, or we might not. Until then speculation is legitimate.

Fabregas is also not a "Jose type player"....

Seriously ridicules excuse.

He screwed up end of fact.

Can't make all your transfer be an ace.