The Mourinho Thread

we could if we wanted to. people forget the pool match last season where we would probably have lined up for a similar way but since they got an early goal, we ripped them open for the rest of the half before shutting out the match in the second.

yesterday, we did not need the win, united did. a draw would have suited us as good. then why the risk. why should we be doing anything that makes us circumspect at this juncture in the season. just not worth it. we had a gameplan, and it worked like a charm.

I agree but I see it on both points. I disagree with you that Mourinho set up that way because we did not need to win. I think he probably would have done the same earlier in the season. Who knows. But yeah it worked however it is not the approach I want to see us keep playing in these games on a regular basis. While it has worked us wonders in the league the lack of attacking approach cost us in the UCL. I am proud of how we have wiped away the PL. Massive credit to Jose for that but for those who have criticized the approach are entitled to. Everyone is happy with the win but I don't like when I see some people on here accusing the moaners of not being a proper supporter etc and telling them to get a grip. Because like I was saying I think people are justified to feel unhappy with the performance.

I am not in that category but I am not going to abuse or criticise people for moaning about the negative approach.

You're beating a cremated horse now. The haters were wrong yada yada yada, Mourinho is never wrong yada yada yada, fans have no right to speak their frustrated minds yada yada yada.

I swear, this forum's been challenging HFBoards' level of unoriginality lately.

I couldn't care less. You're looking for originality every time you come to a thread about the manager? How many original thoughts could there be? Of course it's gonna be repetitive.

I agree but I see it on both points. I disagree with you that Mourinho set up that way because we did not need to win. I think he probably would have done the same earlier in the season. Who knows. But yeah it worked however it is not the approach I want to see us keep playing in these games on a regular basis. While it has worked us wonders in the league the lack of attacking approach cost us in the UCL. I am proud of how we have wiped away the PL. Massive credit to Jose for that but for those who have criticized the approach are entitled to. Everyone is happy with the win but I don't like when I see some people on here accusing the moaners of not being a proper supporter etc and telling them to get a grip. Because like I was saying I think people are justified to feel unhappy with the performance.

I am not in that category but I am not going to abuse or criticise people for moaning about the negative approach.

chelsea 3-1 united. you cant possibly say that we set up in the same way. which shows we at this moment is simply trying to wrap up the league. beautiful football is not the objective, winning is. hence we are using whatever stratergy which seems best to simply get the job done.

chelsea 3-1 united. you cant possibly say that we set up in the same way. which shows we at this moment is simply trying to wrap up the league. beautiful football is not the objective, winning is. hence we are using whatever stratergy which seems best to simply get the job done.

Chelsea 3-1 United. That was last season? At the start of the season we were playing more attacking football. Yes, I agree but it is not as if that attacking approach has worked in the UCL. But, yeah apart from that I agree but like I was agreeing with the critics yesterday it is not as if that style of football was the only solution. I believe we could have played more attacking.football with the players we have.

I agree that we played well in the first part of the season, but the drop off from that football to what we have played in the last 4 or so months has been huge. We don't look like even half the team we did at the start of the season. It seems as if Jose reverts back to type at the first sign of adversity which is ultimately my issue; he did it last season and he has done it again this year.

And this is an excellent post by Clockwork:

We are never going to have the absolute perfect squad. We are always going to have injured players and / or lack a certain type of player in the squad, so to use that as an excuse as to why we cannot play well or have to play such dreadful football for such long periods of time just doesn't cut it.

we have been by far the luckiest team in the PL with regard to injuries ... IMO if Hazard had been out for 6 games or so we wouldnt be on top

oh so that is all is it .. ONCE i read your posts now I just laugh at them .. OUR medical team have saved Hazard ... you should be in politics

So it's a lucky coincidence we have been one of the least affected teams with injuries for years?

So it's a lucky coincidence we have been one of the least affected teams with injuries for years?

WE ARE LUCKY HAZARD hasnt been injured ... PUT your brain in gear and think about it.. HAVE you seen the tackles that have been made on in .. HE and US have been lucky

WE ARE LUCKY HAZARD hasnt been injured ... PUT your brain in gear and think about it.. HAVE you seen the tackles that have been made on in .. HE and US have been lucky

you said and I quote "we have been the luckiest team this year with regard to injuries" to then I responded it's not luck that we have a good medical team.

I think you need to take your own advice about putting the brain into gear, but doesn't matter to me anyway, you're heading back on ignore, permanently this time.

I found this article

outstanding piece

I have said it before and will say again, purists/idealists who only have one way to play are ruining the game, I would cringe if we appoint a manager who went on about possession and moral victories.

you said and I quote "we have been the luckiest team this year with regard to injuries" to then I responded it's not luck that we have a good medical team.

I think you need to take your own advice about putting the brain into gear, but doesn't matter to me anyway, you're heading back on ignore, permanently this time.

DO IT and ignore the truth