The Mourinho Thread

Lol You think we did not control the match? We made united play EXACTLY as we wanted them to: No long balls to Fellaini, spaces in the middle not down the flanks, not allowing their wingers to cut on the other foot and cross which is one of their biggest threats, man-marked midfielders, especially Fellaini, to prevent Falcao laying it off to them in the hole around the box...etc.

Like I said, it wasn't a great performance, but united got nothing from their usual tactics.

Good point. I'd say we were only outplayed in the opening 30 minutes or so where we just seemed kinda lost. I was honestly only panicked once the whole game when Rooney had that shot and I thought it went in for a moment. When the team settled in it was really different and we started picking them apart. I honestly wasn't that worried throughout the rest of the game and when Shaw came off I felt they just became toothless. They had the ball but it never moved around quickly into dangerous areas since we were prepared for them.

. I'd say United fans should be thankful both Remy and Costa weren't fit, they would have defo pounced on that backline. Not exactly the same as our performance vs City last season but a solid one and most importantly, 3 FUCKING POINTS CLOSER TO THE TITLE.

Cahill made an amazing block on Falcao, John Terry was amazing, the keeper was there for us all the time, Azpilicueta was for me the best player on the pitch and Ivanovic was fantastic. Matic worked like an animal, Zouma put Fellaini out of the game, our number 11 [Drogba] was another animal, fighting against two kids young enough to be his sons. Hazard was what you know, Oscar worked fantastically well, Ramires came in and gave us what we needed, Mikel came in for two minutes and held the ball. Willian [has] been in bed for two days and today he came straight from his house, making himself available to give us some help, he was fantastic."

It's all the self-righteous 'proper football' crap. People just assume that every team in every single match will ideally look to keep possession as long as possible because Pep's Barcelona are the ultimate footballing model.

Pep's Barcelona are the ultimate footballing model because they won it all, we'd only dream of beating Madrid 5-0 for an example, so we all should take note of that era.

Pep's Barcelona are the ultimate footballing model because they won it all, we'd only dream of beating Madrid 5-0 for an example, so we all should take note of that era.

Does not mean it should be immitated because that team did not just have a "philosophy" they also had a a team of outstanding players at their peak with very specific rare abilities. You might copy some of the style but you won't ever replicate the achievements.

Certainly it does not mean that possession based football is the best approach to every sinle match regardless of the cicumstances, which was what we originally meant.

Does not mean it should be immitated because that team did not just have a "philosophy" they also had a a team of outstanding players at their peak with very specific rare abilities. You might copy some of the style but you won't ever replicate the achievements.

Certainly it does not mean that possession based football is the best approach to every sinle match regardless of the cicumstances, which was what we originally meant.

I understood what was originally made, but I think everyone here would love us to play more with the ball, because we have the ability to do that.No team could replicate Barcelona's achievements or any other special teams, but possession based football will always remain more entretaining than the football we are playing these past 4 months.

just to add: 'moaning', however negative it may come across as, generally has thought behind it, and is always driven by an opinion at the end of the day that the user is trying to express, which is what forums are for (if not to stay informed, but i think this forum is more-so for the former.)

this weird mockery is the closest thing to trolling since people saying Fernando Torres still 'had it'. what on earth has any of it added to the topic?

I only say this, because the positivity brigade i refer to, eg; anyone blindly lambasting anybody to say something which contrasts the popular opinion, continue to go unchecked - because of course they're in the majority. but it doesn't take balls to be a sheep and bah like the rest.

at the end of the day, not allowing negativity to be expressed is inhumane. to make an effort to mock or bring down those who are negative, which is usually not a choice but just how a person is, is beyond childish.

maybe the moaning will quit when things are more fair.

Now that was overdue.

Seriously dude, are your posts ever constructive? All I keep seeing is whining, self-righteous drivel.

Do you genuinely support this football club? If so, please show it in some way or another. Please.

You're touching on 2 different things, without adding anything to what I said, or what the topic is about, or what anyone in here is talking about. Don't fish for likes. Message me if you have a question.

Seriously dude, are your posts ever constructive? All I keep seeing is whining, self-righteous drivel.

People like me post our 'negative' posts, not aimed at persons on here, but towards or fueled by a manager whom does not know nor care about us. (Or in this unique case, addressing an intangible 'thing' going on) We, or I, don't quote people out of the blue after they post an opinion, negative or positive, then proceed to give personal opinions on what sort of person they are.

People like you try to bring down people like me, with personal quotes, when no qualms were needed. You can't dispute that. And I personally can't see how it doesn't make you a piece of shit.