The Mourinho Thread

Funny how people used to say that Pep was a tactical genius when he was in charge of Barca. :)

As has ever been the case, the tactics you can successfully apply depend on the players you have.

I know where are you heading.

However, can you convince me that in the next season or in 2 years time, Chelsea aren't going to retreat completely when they face good-to-top club ?

That they are going to impose their style, commit several players to go forward and generally play at least semi-open football ? Be proactive and not only reactive ? Play to their strength and not to limit themself to interrupt opponent's game ?

I don't see that assurance from you. I you want to convince me, I don't believe you.

In 2016/17 the turnover will exceed well over £400m, probably something close to €550m. That's just mindblowing amount of money. From resources like these, Chelsea have to play on the front foot, have to play offensive, have to be aggressive no matter who they play against.

Yet I still see Jose Mourinho aka "The Deadlock Master" at our helm and somehow doesn't believe it that Chelsea are going to play like this when facing top opponents.

Hope I am wrong.

Did we not play attacking football in 04/05? Jose can make some of the greatest ever teams if given the chance.

We did, Duff and Robben. I have said for some time the right side is the sticking point. Willian is a square peg in a round hole, Cuadrado is neither in or out but we need to replicate what we see on other side with Hazard, or near as damn it. Willian isn't direct enough, he's a good safe guard but the shackles are very rarely off. Hazard gets the ball things happen, Willian gets the ball, it's either he slows the play down or plays it simple. I am not having a pop about him playing it simple, but he's not a threat for me. I'd sooner see Willian central behind the striker than out wide but we need someone for that right side, someone with pace and who is a huge threat. It's time we started really stretching teams and I would start with buying someone like Bale or Reus.

We did, Duff and Robben. I have said for some time the right side is the sticking point. Willian is a square peg in a round hole, Cuadrado is neither in or out but we need to replicate what we see on other side with Hazard, or near as damn it. Willian isn't direct enough, he's a good safe guard but the shackles are very rarely off. Hazard gets the ball things happen, Willian gets the ball, it's either he slows the play down or plays it simple. I am not having a pop about him playing it simple, but he's not a threat for me. I'd sooner see Willian central behind the striker than out wide but we need someone for that right side, someone with pace and who is a huge threat. It's time we started really stretching teams and I would start with buying someone like Bale or Reus.

That's the spot we are weakest and it's not people's priority for some reason. Someone like Reus would transform us into the best team in Europe. A pacey winger, who can create for himself and others is something every top team has on both wings. We need that, Willian isn't that. I love the guy, and he has been playing well recently, but he'd be hetter at 10 than Oscar. With the right player, which I trust Jose and the board to find, will make us play more attractive football without sacraficing results. Jose is capable of that, people act like he's made a career out of having a passive defense. He just needs the right players. A world class RW for me and a CB would be the priority for me, not a CM.

That football we played in 04/05 was IMO the best we ever played. Tenacity, energy, pressing, defending and attacking together, moving the ball quickly, shooting and scoring from distance, being direct and intelligent... Ah, good old times. For me it was even better than 09/10, we were by far the best team in the world.

Exactly. That team was something else. I firmly believe Jose can make us THAT again, he just needs the right players. I feel like we are one World Class player away from that. A CB would be nice, but with Zouma we can play a higher line, which would help us dominate games. Jose is no scrub.

That's the spot we are weakest and it's not people's priority for some reason. Someone like Reus would transform us into the best team in Europe. A pacey winger, who can create for himself and others is something every top team has on both wings. We need that, Willian isn't that. I love the guy, and he has been playing well recently, but he'd be hetter at 10 than Oscar. With the right player, which I trust Jose and the board to find, will make us play more attractive football without sacraficing results. Jose is capable of that, people act like he's made a career out of having a passive defense. He just needs the right players. A world class RW for me and a CB would be the priority for me, not a CM.

Exactly. That team was something else. I firmly believe Jose can make us THAT again, he just needs the right players. I feel like we are one World Class player away from that. A CB would be nice, but with Zouma we can play a higher line, which would help us dominate games. Jose is no scrub.

I want jose to be less pragmatic.

He has tendency to play ultra defensive in big games even with better player

I know where are you heading.

However, can you convince me that in the next season or in 2 years time, Chelsea aren't going to retreat completely when they face good-to-top club ?

That they are going to impose their style, commit several players to go forward and generally play at least semi-open football ? Be proactive and not only reactive ? Play to their strength and not to limit themself to interrupt opponent's game ?

I don't see that assurance from you. I you want to convince me, I don't believe you.

In 2016/17 the turnover will exceed well over £400m, probably something close to €550m. That's just mindblowing amount of money. From resources like these, Chelsea have to play on the front foot, have to play offensive, have to be aggressive no matter who they play against.

Yet I still see Jose Mourinho aka "The Deadlock Master" at our helm and somehow doesn't believe it that Chelsea are going to play like this when facing top opponents.

Hope I am wrong.

Of course I can convince you. All I need from you is to tell me how. It's a serious question. How in the world is a person who takes your outlook to be convinced about an unknowable future event, simply through the power of argument?

Of course we both know the answer to that question and you certainly knew it before you even asked me.

As for you hoping to be proved wrong, I have my doubts but I hope to be proved wrong about that. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v6QcPoVKYw

From 10:50 to 11:25.

Mourinho’s men put on a masterclass yesterday against Roberto Di Matteo’s Schalke side, beating them 5-0 at Veltins Arena in what the Chelsea boss described as one of his sides most complete matches.

Mourinho was most impressed with his side’s mentality heading into the game, noting their focus and ambition, which he believes has led to the Blues great run of form.

“I don’t remember Chelsea playing in this way away from home. Obviously, there have been great victories away from home with me, with Roberto, even with other managers. But this was very impressive. Very complete.”

“The players are very serious… Everything they do with big focus and ambition, but at the same time with this component, which is something new in Chelsea football – this happiness, this flair, this beauty.”

“The way they are doing things, we are very happy. We are having good results and playing really, really well at this moment.”

Objective-seeking master said in the January :

"Ok guys, enough of this 'flair playing' nonsense, January on means business !"

(But seriously, he said that the club is happy playing in THIS WAY, yet IN THIS WAY Chelsea played only against decent to average oppositions. Is there even a plan to play with 'flair and happiness' for

a) more than a couple of months

b ) against good and top clubs

c) not depending on Fabregas fitness

? )

Mourinho’s men put on a masterclass yesterday against Roberto Di Matteo’s Schalke side, beating them 5-0 at Veltins Arena in what the Chelsea boss described as one of his sides most complete matches.

Mourinho was most impressed with his side’s mentality heading into the game, noting their focus and ambition, which he believes has led to the Blues great run of form.

“I don’t remember Chelsea playing in this way away from home. Obviously, there have been great victories away from home with me, with Roberto, even with other managers. But this was very impressive. Very complete.”

“The players are very serious… Everything they do with big focus and ambition, but at the same time with this component, which is something new in Chelsea football – this happiness, this flair, this beauty.”

“The way they are doing things, we are very happy. We are having good results and playing really, really well at this moment.”

(But seriously, he said that the club is happy playing in THIS WAY, yet IN THIS WAY Chelsea played only against decent to average oppositions. Is there even a plan to play with 'flair and happiness' for

? )

All he talks is nonsense.

When we do good, nonsense.

When we do bad, nonsense.

Best to not pay attention at all his comment/interviews, because his a habitual liar and you can never know what is the truth with this guy.

^^^ Not this season BCS...need a couple of reinforcements methinks.

Koke to replace Ramires, because he can fill in for both Fabregas and Oscar, RLC first team call up, he can be a proper box to box in big games.

IMO we haven't played well since Oscar went off form in January (which was soon after Cesc's hammy injury). We probably could have won had Cesc not been injured. I think it's more than just a "mid season dip in form". Therefore it'd be wise to have a player who can fill in for either.

Mourinhos men put on a masterclass yesterday against Roberto Di Matteos Schalke side, beating them 5-0 at Veltins Arena in what the Chelsea boss described as one of his sides most complete matches.

Mourinho was most impressed with his sides mentality heading into the game, noting their focus and ambition, which he believes has led to the Blues great run of form.

I dont remember Chelsea playing in this way away from home. Obviously, there have been great victories away from home with me, with Roberto, even with other managers. But this was very impressive. Very complete.

The players are very serious Everything they do with big focus and ambition, but at the same time with this component, which is something new in Chelsea football this happiness, this flair, this beauty.

The way they are doing things, we are very happy. We are having good results and playing really, really well at this moment.

c) not depending on Fabregas fitness

? )

So you think Jose actively said to the team stop playing this football?

A variety of reasons has been the case for us not playing as good since January but despite that we have gone from 3 point's clear to 7 with a game in hand, if we had a purist in charge he would have changed nothing, gone on about style and how it won't change while our results suffered big time because of it (coincidentally that is happening up in the blue half of Manchester) The results we have been getting despite playing average not only shows just how lucky we are to have Mou but how the strong mentality of the squad is growing.

That is also why we are top going into the final straight, all the top 4 have had brilliant spells and average spells, were we differ from the rest is we have been remembering to pick up the results while playing bollox.

When the moment comes again and the best player's are on form we will play the great football we did in the first 6 month's, but when we need to roll our sleeves up and do it the not so pretty way, we will do that too.

That kind of adaptability will put us in great stead for many years to come.

All he talks is nonsense.

When we do good, nonsense.

When we do bad, nonsense.

Best to not pay attention at all his comment/interviews, because his a habitual liar and you can never know what is the truth with this guy.

I have been saying this for months DONT bother listening to his interviews ....