The Mourinho Thread

Yesterdays game showed exactly why i don't rate Mourinho THAT high.

Ozil as a winger... all balls to CR... you can't do that against a well organised side with lots of automatisms and great players.

so last night just eradicated years of leagues,cups,european cups,doubles,trebles etc? Right oh

People on here (bar thinking they are the games greatest expert, I assume from years of championship manager) are NEVER happy! After years of following Chels i can understand fans having a pessimistic outlook but to sit here and find fault with our greatest manager coming home and one of the worlds most saught after strikers possibly accompanying him is grim. Jose is a WINNER, he breeds winning mentality and we badly need that right now. Falcao is one of the best strikers ive seen in a long time, a goal machine, paying a lot of money for him DOESNT mean he will be the next torres! I know some would prefer cavani or lewandowski but to say you just dont want falcao? Cant get my head around that other than its a complaint for the sake of complaining

People on here (bar thinking they are the games greatest expert, I assume from years of championship manager) are NEVER happy! After years of following Chels i can understand fans having a pessimistic outlook but to sit here and find fault with our greatest manager coming home and one of the worlds most saught after strikers possibly accompanying him is grim. Jose is a WINNER, he breeds winning mentality and we badly need that right now. Falcao is one of the best strikers ive seen in a long time, a goal machine, paying a lot of money for him DOESNT mean he will be the next torres! I know some would prefer cavani or lewandowski but to say you just dont want falcao? Cant get my head around that other than its a complaint for the sake of complaining

Just brilliant posting.

We all are entitled to an opinion. However, to post here " how he should have played, done this.." is just plain funny, I feel.

Perhaps, some of these posters should apply for coaching license, soon ?

I think people have reservations because they've seen what happens when you value short-term thinking over long-term planning and are worried that we're going to make the same mistakes again.

Yes Mourinho is a winner, but the job he'd be asked to do here is something he's NEVER done before. We need to build something sustainable, incorporating young players and creating our own stars rather than buying them. I'm not saying he can't do that but there are certainly question marks.

The same applies to Falcao. He's a great player but he's completely unproven in the Premier League, he's expensive and he's going to be 28 halfway through next season. Personally I'm not that keen on Cavani either and would've liked to have seen Lukaku given a chance to earn a starting job here next season alongside Ba and Schurrle.

Yesterdays game showed exactly why i don't rate Mourinho THAT high.

Ozil as a winger... all balls to CR... you can't do that against a well organised side with lots of automatisms and great players.

Ozil didnt play as a winger.

and if you dont rate Mourinho THAT high then you clearly haven't followed his career very closely.

Since Roman has & spends plenty of money, I see no problem seeing Chelsea going places, next year, the year after..just keep going. This club has one great future now & will have under Roman´s guidance.

Chelsea is not a club & the owner is not willing to wait for 3-5 years to see young players coming on board & winning trophies, then.

Therefore, Roman buys ready made superstars, & the club is winning. See the stats for the past 9 years.

Since Roman has & spends plenty of money, I see no problem seeing Chelsea going places, next year, the year after..just keep going. This club has one great future now & will have under Roman´s guidance.

Chelsea is not a club & the owner is not willing to wait for 3-5 years to see young players coming on board & winning trophies, then.

Therefore, Roman buys ready made superstars, & the club is winning. See the stats for the past 9 years.

Except we don't and we haven't for the last two years. Look at our transfer record, the closest player to a 'superstar' that we signed was Hazard.

In fact at the start of Roman's reign we didn't buy 'superstars' but players on the cusp, like Drogba, Robben and Cech. It's when we started chasing the Shevchenkos, Decos and ultimately Torres of this world that things started to fall apart.

Oh, and last season we were the 6th best team in England. There's a massive difference between being the Champions of Europe and being the best club in Europe.

That's simple to do, let's be honest we need a long-time plan, and for that Mourinho would be the best if he agrees to stay for long. The first year won't expect to win something and that's it.

I'm just in this community for less than one week, and I feel a lack of faith and passion in some of their users.

You can't expect to win the CL and the next year do it again, because it's almost impossible to do! Let's be patient, and walk slow. We need to build the team, we have figures to do it properly (KDB, Hazard, Mata, Lukaku, David Luiz, Courtois even players like Ramires!) but we will have to finish adding some other players and they will not perform perfectly and 100% since day one, it will take time to create a good teamwork.

With players like Falcao that are already SuperStars and can play easily in almost every team it will be easier. But let's be honest, we are the actual European Champions and some of you guys feel so depressed, see Real Madrid? They have spent +300M € and they haven't had the title for long time.

With Mourinho, Falcao, DM, CB, RB and our loaned players (KDB, Lukaku, Courtois) we can do good, really good.

Faith.

Except we don't and we haven't for the last two years. Look at our transfer record, the closest player to a 'superstar' that we signed was Hazard.

In fact at the start of Roman's reign we didn't buy 'superstars' but players on the cusp, like Drogba, Robben and Cech. It's when we started chasing the Shevchenkos, Decos and ultimately Torres of this world that things started to fall apart.

Oh, and last season we were the 6th best team in England. There's a massive difference between being the Champions of Europe and being the best club in Europe.

if I were you, I would add Mata, Oscar as future superstars to your portfolio.

Yes, Chelsea bought some duds. However, Roman can afford to make mistakes. This man is a billionaire. 50m is peanuts for him.

As for finishing 6th last year. There were many circumstances as to why. After all, Chelsea ended winning the CL, then.

CL is the best competition in Europe. A true indication how good the clubs are. Nothing compares to it.

if I were you, I would add Mata, Oscar as future superstars to your portfolio.

Yes, Chelsea bought some duds. However, Roman can afford to make mistakes. This man is a billionaire. 50m is peanuts for him.

As for finishing 6th last year. There were many circumstances as to why. After all, Chelsea ended winning the CL, then.

CL is the best competition in Europe. A true indication how good the clubs are. Nothing compares to it.

I'm not talking about future superstars though am I. I'm talking about guys who are already at that level.

It's true that Roman can spunk money up the wall, but you know who can't do that? Chelsea Football Club. If he wants to buy Ronaldo and Messi then he can, but unfortunately he can't put it on our books unless Gazprom are bankrolling us to the tune of £200 million per season.

As for the Champions League it's a great competition but the league is the bread and butter. That's the true measure of how good you are in my opinion. For all the money, lustre and fireworks associated with the CL, it's still just a cup competition at the end of the day. We were the sixth best team in England and for all the excuses we can think up, the real reason was that there were five teams better than us. After all the millions spent, that is a total failure.

I think people have reservations because they've seen what happens when you value short-term thinking over long-term planning and are worried that we're going to make the same mistakes again.

Yes Mourinho is a winner, but the job he'd be asked to do here is something he's NEVER done before. We need to build something sustainable, incorporating young players and creating our own stars rather than buying them. I'm not saying he can't do that but there are certainly question marks.

The same applies to Falcao. He's a great player but he's completely unproven in the Premier League, he's expensive and he's going to be 28 halfway through next season. Personally I'm not that keen on Cavani either and would've liked to have seen Lukaku given a chance to earn a starting job here next season alongside Ba and Schurrle.

I still expect schurrle to arrive but falcao would obviously fill the main role. We cant really accuse chels of short term thinking since we are out buying up young talent from around the world. Despite the concerns I dont think kdb or courtois will be allowed to leave in any deals, loan maybe but not permanently. I know jose likes to buy big stars but in fairness he doesnt go to clubs and completely gut them so what hed be doing here would be no different to what hes done before. Lampard,jt,cech et al weren't established world superstars when jose arrived, not much difference. As for falcao being 28 in the middle of next season I wouldnt worry too much, hes still to peak! Plenty of good years ahead of him

I still expect schurrle to arrive but falcao would obviously fill the main role. We cant really accuse chels of short term thinking since we are out buying up young talent from around the world. Despite the concerns I dont think kdb or courtois will be allowed to leave in any deals, loan maybe but not permanently. I know jose likes to buy big stars but in fairness he doesnt go to clubs and completely gut them so what hed be doing here would be no different to what hes done before. Lampard,jt,cech et al weren't established world superstars when jose arrived, not much difference. As for falcao being 28 in the middle of next season I wouldnt worry too much, hes still to peak! Plenty of good years ahead of him

Totally agree guy you buddy. Falcao is not a pace-guy, he could be playing top games for long long time. I'm just scared about Courtois, they can not sell him to Atlético. Peter Cech is one of the best Keepers but he feels more insecure this season, and I believe is the age, anytime soon he will need to be replaced.

I'm not talking about future superstars though am I. I'm talking about guys who are already at that level.

It's true that Roman can spunk money up the wall, but you know who can't do that? Chelsea Football Club. If he wants to buy Ronaldo and Messi then he can, but unfortunately he can't put it on our books unless Gazprom are bankrolling us to the tune of £200 million per season.

As for the Champions League it's a great competition but the league is the bread and butter. That's the true measure of how good you are in my opinion. For all the money, lustre and fireworks associated with the CL, it's still just a cup competition at the end of the day. We were the sixth best team in England and for all the excuses we can think up, the real reason was that there were five teams better than us. After all the millions spent, that is a total failure.

I see no problem calling Gazprom. It´s just a matter of one phone call & I am happy to know it.

CL is much better competition than any league. I assume you watched the last two games. Football at its best.

Whether Roman spends millions..well as I said, money is no object to him. Even you should be happy to have him financing Chelsea for years.

At the moment I'm excited but cautious. I think the reality is that we're going to get a different Mourinho from the one we had 6 years ago and that's not unexpected. People change and this experience at Madrid could be a humbling one in some ways.

He's a great coach and a great leader, but he's still got to come here and do the job. The day we hire him (IF we hire him) will be a great day, but I'm looking forward to what he does the day after. I want to see what he says about our young players when he gets them together and I want him to be involved in planning the development of the Bogas and Musondas in our squad.

The same goes for Falcao. Great player, great attributes, 0 goals in the Premier League. I'll be excited but until he starts scoring goals against Norwich and Newcastle I'm going to be a little worried.

I see no problem calling Gazprom. It´s just a matter of one phone call & I am happy to know it.

CL is much better competition than any league. I assume you watched the last two games. Football at its best.

Whether Roman spends millions..well as I said, money is no object to him. Even you should be happy to have him financing Chelsea for years.

I'm not saying the CL isn't better quality, but the domestic league has got to be the first priority. I want this club to be the best team in Europe, and that means being the best team in England first.

At the moment I'm excited but cautious. I think the reality is that we're going to get a different Mourinho from the one we had 6 years ago and that's not unexpected. People change and this experience at Madrid could be a humbling one in some ways.

He's a great coach and a great leader, but he's still got to come here and do the job. The day we hire him (IF we hire him) will be a great day, but I'm looking forward to what he does the day after. I want to see what he says about our young players when he gets them together and I want him to be involved in planning the development of the Bogas and Musondas in our squad.

The same goes for Falcao. Great player, great attributes, 0 goals in the Premier League. I'll be excited but until he starts scoring goals against Norwich and Newcastle I'm going to be a little worried.

I'm not saying the CL isn't better quality, but the domestic league has got to be the first priority. I want this club to be the best team in Europe, and that means being the best team in England first.

Falcao is the hottest goal scorer around. if he won´t succeed in PL then where is he going to...? I see him, scoring around 35 goals if he comes.

Domestic league is secondary to CL. Chelsea may finish in top four & still win CL trophy. If they win PL, be it. It´s fine with me.