The Mourinho Thread

Porto is a wonderful team, they always are a joy to watch, playing the same way season after season, and this season they have a really great team. Bayern just cant do too much in the final third without Ribery-Robben, but that would have been the case in Barcelona too if Messi and Neymar were not playing... so its just bad luck. Porto took advantage of that, they waited for them and in the right moment pressed, and if they couldnt get the ball they just set back and Bayern couldnt figure out how to open their defense. And they were there to take advantage for the huge mistakes by Bayern.

I dont know what people talk about "Mourinho not playing this way, shame", it was a classic Mourinho what Porto did today. In the first half of the season, with Oscar-Matic-Cesc we pressed very well in some games, but like i said already in some occasions, the problem is that Mourinho cant trust this group in the big games, and thats because of Oscar and our slow central defense. Oscar not good enough in keeping the ball and its making us too easy to handle, just press Cesc and thats it, you killed our possesion. And if we press, we have Cahill and Terry who cant play a high line against the big teams, you cant press with a low line, it will leave hugh spaces. So Jose play Ramires so at least he'll have better defending... so we seat back, wait for counters more passively. I dont like it like you, and i think that now after we secured the title more or less, i want to see the same approach he wanted and started with in the beginined of the season (with Zouma in the XI and hopefully Luis and not Ivanovic). Hope to see something like that in 3 days.

:clap: :clap:

As for Guardiola, 2nd season in a row his team is getting humiliated. A good manager but very overrated.

Funny how people used to say that Pep was a tactical genius when he was in charge of Barca. :)

As has ever been the case, the tactics you can successfully apply depend on the players you have.

Porto are a solid team. Undefeated in the CL, not sure why people are sleeping on them.

True. I would 'freak out' in some way as well, definitely. But they're a good team though. I wonder how the Bayern fans are doing...

i did not mean to demean porto in anyway.

but no one expected porto to win and that too in the way they did last night. i was watching the psg-barca game, so just saw the goals but even that stats for bayern were underwhelming with a total of 3 shots on target. and if such a thing had happened to us, people would have come out with JOSE OUT!!!

In the first leg, they were the better team and I think we did very well to get a 1-1 draw, in all truth.

In the second leg, we were negative. Mourinho's tactics cost us, but you have to commend PSG. They out-Chelsea'd us. They did to us what we did to Barcelona. It can be harder playing against ten men when they are so fired up. However I maintain a more attacking display that night would have seen us through, so yes, we can criticise Mourinho here. But by the same token we have to commend him for getting his tactics spot on in 90% of matches this season. He's a major reason why we're on for a Double in a year where we haven't even actually been that good!

Agree with that -it bears up the old cliche that it is a mark of champions who win when not actually playing that well.

Apart from Hazard no real attacking players have improved under him and this is one of my concern. He was meant to improve all of their aspects but once it is found out that they can't sastify his tracking back demanding they were sold like Mata, Kevin and Schurrle. Oscar now looks to be heading that way as well even though a couple of years ago he had the potential to be the best CAM in the world. Willian has improved but only defensively, offensively he is on and off lately but overall his Chelsea career has been more off than on.

Honestly think this is one of his main limitation and why his teams cannot have much creativity without relying on individuals like Hazard and Fabregas a few months ago. I mean do you ever see him turning someone like Kagawa/Sahin into the best player of their league for a time or make great players like Iniesta the best midfielder in the world(he has never been as good since Pep left imo). This is a bit of a dilemma for me because similar to Rodger/Pellegrini...etc he got a great strength in defensive organisation of his teams but in an attacking sense he never really looks up to it tactically without having to rely on individual brilliances. Just like Liverpool and City under Rodger and Pelle cannot defend to save their lives.

In the Premier League.

Well last season they won the pl and we are this season.

So we done about the same in terms of titles in the last two seasons.

However we have improved in terms of squad.

If we do the right buys this summer we should be about good enough to win everything.

The real David Luis turned up last night as we all knew he would. The one thing that's pissing me off at the moment is that a player is good at tracking back. Was Suarez good at tracking back last night? no because he's allowed to play his natural game. Case in point is Oscar this is a kid who is capable of scoring goals like the one against Juventes. Look at him now he just runs about closing the opposition down and is a shadow of his former self. It's not in any Brazilians D.N.A. to play like that especially one who on his day is as skillful as he is. The same applies to Mata it's a scandal he was let go i don't give a shit how much money we got for him and why was we sold? because he was no good at fucking tracking back. If for arguements sake say that Willian was Mata's replacement then we spent 30 million pound on someone who's good at closing down but rarely beats his man and hardly ever scores. As for selling Schurrle and buying Cuadrado i've heard people saying the jury's out on Cuadrado no it ain't the jury reached a unanimous verdict straight away he's fucking useless. Cuadrado has about as much skill and finesse as Mickey Droy wearing stilettos and should be nicknamed Dandruff because he's so easy to brush off.

In the first leg, they were the better team and I think we did very well to get a 1-1 draw, in all truth.

In the second leg, we were negative. Mourinho's tactics cost us, but you have to commend PSG. They out-Chelsea'd us. They did to us what we did to Barcelona. It can be harder playing against ten men when they are so fired up. However I maintain a more attacking display that night would have seen us through, so yes, we can criticise Mourinho here. But by the same token we have to commend him for getting his tactics spot on in 90% of matches this season. He's a major reason why we're on for a Double in a year where we haven't even actually been that good!

Agree with everything. We could repeat Chelsea vs PSG match ten times, and I bet we will win most of it, than them. That was one those strange night. Luiz with all his might destined to score, even before the match. Their defense is not that good though, so I'm not surprised at all, Barca could beat them comfortably.

The real David Luis turned up last night as we all knew he would. The one thing that's pissing me off at the moment is that a player is good at tracking back. Was Suarez good at tracking back last night? no because he's allowed to play his natural game. Case in point is Oscar this is a kid who is capable of scoring goals like the one against Juventes. Look at him now he just runs about closing the opposition down and is a shadow of his former self. It's not in any Brazilians D.N.A. to play like that especially one who on his day is as skillful as he is. The same applies to Mata it's a scandal he was let go i don't give a shit how much money we got for him and why was we sold? because he was no good at fucking tracking back. If for arguements sake say that Willian was Mata's replacement then we spent 30 million pound on someone who's good at closing down but rarely beats his man and hardly ever scores. As for selling Schurrle and buying Cuadrado i've heard people saying the jury's out on Cuadrado no it ain't the jury reached a unanimous verdict straight away he's fucking useless. Cuadrado has about as much skill and finesse as Mickey Droy wearing stilettos and should be nicknamed Dandruff because he's so easy to brush off.

That's more to do with Cesc's lack of pace and defensive presence more than Mou's gameplan.

IMO Cesc should be rotating with Oscar as a CAM and we llet RLC be primary CM to partner Matic. Then we will see just how good a number 10 Oscar is, and how well he plays when he's with Brazil.