The Mourinho Thread

For people moaning about our set up in big (home) games, our record last season at home:

United 3-1

City 2-1

Liverpool 2-1

Arsenal 6-0

Spurs 4-0

This season:

Arsenal 2-0

Spurs 3-0

You can't win with such figures by "parking the bus."

I've let out the away results cause people are moaning bout the next big home game. But even our away results are quite good.

People have short memories, you guys should not blindly follow the media and opposite fans. Teams dream of having this kind of results in big games, can we improve? Of course, but we are a work in progress and we should really be happy with what we're doing.

but but but... i read on redcafe that we will "park the bus", that place is like the word of god!!!

But you just know how we're gonna set up. You just know that. And yesterday in Monday Night Football Gary Neville said that Mourinho is going to play with Zouma in the midfield and we will have 6 defensive players and will rely on magic from Hazard or set-piece. But everyone know that as a truth now. Everything different from that will be a surprise. We're only associated with that type of football.

We have to set up defensively against such players like Young, Fellaini and never uncapped Herrera. At home. Only think to grind out draw at the end.

And people here will tell me that I should dance because we survived.

MnF clearly exaggerated what will happen. Mourinho will play Mikel/Zouma/Ramires in midfield like he has done for most big games, and especially since Utd will have so many midfielders out there.

That leaves Hazard, Cesc, Remy and Willian, four attacking players to get the job done. Sadly, Willian is too weak in attack so we really have 3 attacking players, and 0 width on the right.

Ideally it should be our opponents who are worried about us and devising strategies to shut us down but sadly that's not the case thanks to Mourinho's overly cautious and pragmatic approach. He's so one dimensional in big games that it's unreal. And people were criticizing wenger when he said Jose's too afraid of losing, He was absolutely spot on.

Exactly this. The likes of United, Madrid, Bayern & Barcelona not only demand results but stylish football along with it yet we're supposedly spoiled for expecting a more proactive and progressive style of football from our manager. We aren't some plucky club battling relegation we're one of the biggest clubs in the World with some of the best players in football.

tbh the majority of you are absolute idiots and sound like you belong on a playground, or at a rubbish dump squabbling over some old bread like seagulls

i say this bc i don't care about the backlash

as it's a fucking forum

get a life some of you

not so that you post less, but so you grow to learn not to take offence at every sentence that doesn't fit your quota

I don't mind how Mou sets up in big games.

The one thing i do mind is that it isn't working well anymore.

We are not creating enough opportunities to score.

Our counterattacking has been almost non existent since we don't really have the right kind of players for that anymore with the loss of Schurrle/Salah (only formation it might work with is Remy/Hazard/Willian/Ramires as the front 4)

And for some reason we are incapable to play it out from the back so what we end up with is a game were we are constantly defending/hoofing it up field when we win the ball back/loose posession and start over again.

Hence we are barely creating any scoring opportunities and are scraping results together mostly through a lot of luck (see QPR/Hull where we scored every single shot on target)

Kinda reminds me of City last season.

They play some amazing futbol first half of the season.

Everyone was scared to play them, and then started to faded second half.

City won a Carling Cup and the League while just making it to the last 16.

Kinda similar to us only difference we are ahead by 7 points.

Now this season instead of improving they regress horrible, especially the second half of the season.

We shall see what is our course next season.

tbh the majority of you are absolute idiots and sound like you belong on a playground, or at a rubbish dump squabbling over some old bread like seagulls

i say this bc i don't care about the backlash

as it's a fucking forum

get a life some of you

not so that you post less, but so you grow to learn not to take offence at every sentence that doesn't fit your quota

And you are one of the main clowns of this circus.

http://www.thefa.com/my-football/football-volunteers/coachingvolunteering/get%20into%20coaching/become%20a%20coach

^There's a link to obtaining the FA coaching badges.

Could the lot who know better than Mourinho go and get their badges for me please, it will be amazing.

Can you imagine? Football will be inundated with new managers coming through who can coach Chelsea to winning the title, playing outstanding, attractive football, bringing youngsters through and all while keeping the books balanced.

Can't wait!