The Mourinho Thread

Reading Redcafe's match thread for our upcoming game and it's depressing how many posters suggest we're going to play defensive football and park the bus (especially at home too). That's not the type of football I hope the club continues to be associated with.

THIS!!!!!!

Also some people are either naive, not smart or just have a supernatural talent for being moaners because Jose has proved recently with Real Madrid and our earlier form this season that he can build an attacking team. He's just not as stupid as some to do it at the expense of titles and frustrating players such as Hazard who want to win important trophies here. Rome wasn't built in a day, but it took some hours to burn it down.

He showed Roman, the players and the fans that wanted to see that he can do it. When some key players stopped performing or got injured and he realized we would be coming down in terms of performance he chose the pragmatic way which will assure us the title, will give players confidence and joy (not to mention relief) and it's even been teaching them how to scrap results at the end of matches, run the extra mile and win when not playing well. It's all positives, but the fast food generation doesn't know how to wait a couple of years to really transition a toothless team into confident, smooth winners. I understand most of members under 25 thinking like that - waiting really isn't a part of many of theits dictionaries because they were born in the immediatist culture. It's people older than that I struggle to understand where they come from with this rush to have everything perfect asap.

Let's not pretend the Real Madrid team he supposedly built into an attacking team wasn't scoring a shitload of goals both before & after him. They routinely turned over fodder but always reverted to type against the bigger teams and paid a heavy price for it.

Lets be honest, there would probably be less complaints about our turgid football if the pragmatic nature of Jose's philosophy wasn't a constant theme throughout his managerial career. You're delusional if you think we aren't going to be parking the bus in another CL knockout tie or playing a RB at RW in a CL semifinal at home next season.

No one's expecting us to put 5 or 6 past teams every week but stylistically we're clearly behind the very best teams. The key elements of a truly great team are missing in this current side.

Reading Redcafe's match thread for our upcoming game and it's depressing how many posters suggest we're going to play defensive football and park the bus (especially at home too). That's not the type of football I hope the club continues to be associated with.

Maybe you should start supporting another team then?

Winning will always take priority for me, playing great and losing is still losing. We were playing the best football for the whole half of the season, but that still isn't good enough is it. Never is never will be. The quicker your type of whingers move on from supporting this club the better. We are on route to winning our first title in 5 years and look at all your posts.....moaning.

Also on the topic of youngsters, if we play youngsters and we lose people will still complain about Mourinho picking the wrong kids or the wrong match to play them.

But you just know how we're gonna set up. You just know that. And yesterday in Monday Night Football Gary Neville said that Mourinho is going to play with Zouma in the midfield and we will have 6 defensive players and will rely on magic from Hazard or set-piece. But everyone know that as a truth now. Everything different from that will be a surprise. We're only associated with that type of football.

We have to set up defensively against such players like Young, Fellaini and never uncapped Herrera. At home. Only think to grind out draw at the end.

And people here will tell me that I should dance because we survived.

But you just know how we're gonna set up. You just know that. And yesterday in Monday Night Football Gary Neville said that Mourinho is going to play with Zouma in the midfield and we will have 6 defensive players and will rely on magic from Hazard or set-piece. But everyone know that as a truth now. Everything different from that will be a surprise. We're only associated with that type of football.

We have to set up defensively against such players like Young, Fellaini and never uncapped Herrera. At home. Only think to grind out draw at the end.

How would you set up then? You can still play good football with or without Zouma in the team.

If anything with him nullifying Fellaini he might give us more freedom in midfield to pass and create.

Yeah, that segment hit me hard for some reason. We're comfortably sat atop of the League, playing at the Bridge & have players like Hazard, Cesc & Oscar yet the discussion was about how Mourinho was going to nullify United. Rightly so as well.

Ideally it should be our opponents who are worried about us and devising strategies to shut us down but sadly that's not the case thanks to Mourinho's overly cautious and pragmatic approach. He's so one dimensional in big games that it's unreal. And people were criticizing wenger when he said Jose's too afraid of losing, He was absolutely spot on.

Oh and to those questioning tactics vs QPR: Would you consider it wise to fight fire with fire when our 2 best midfielders are one the verge of a 2 match ban for the 2 biggest fixtures in our calendar? Especially when we were going to get muscled out of the game regardless. On such a narrow pitch too, we were rendered ineffective. We didn't even have any of our strikers fit except 38 y/o DD.

I think we did well considering the circumstances, and now we're set up to win the next 2, which we CAN do.