The Mourinho Thread

Even if José comes here for only three or so years it's still a lengthy improvement over our last few managers. People complain about three years not being enough when we've barely experience a manger stay longer than one year!

Ironically it's because of the Mourinho-era that we've struggled to move on. Going back is never a particularly good idea in sport and I still struggle to see the logic of him coming back here when we're building a team that really doesn't play to his strengths.

Everything at the club is geared towards securing the services of Guardiola and people are seriously entertaining the notion of Jose coming back? Do people not remember how his time in charge ended? If you want a reminder, look at Madrid RIGHT NOW!

Dropped Iker Casillas, who is a player not exactly out of form, is their captain and is a club legend. Why? Because he disagrees with Mourinho and because all of this politics bullshit.

I've loved Mourinho for so many years, but I've grown tired of him and his shit this season. Not many people think they're bigger than Real Madrid.

Mourinho has never really built a team apart from the Chelsea team when he first arrived in 2004. Would he be the right man to rebuild the squad right now? We need a manager with a plan for the next 2 or 3 years I'm not exactly sure if Jose is really the man for that tbh even though I'd love him back at one point.

Mourinho has never really built a team apart from the Chelsea team when he first arrived in 2004. Would he be the right man to rebuild the squad right now? We need a manager with a plan for the next 2 or 3 years I'm not exactly sure if Jose is really the man for that tbh even though I'd love him back at one point.

He hasn't ?

I believe Moratti and Inter fans would disagree.

Jose is the only person in the world who can handle Abramovich, the fans, the players and the press and still get results.

He hasn't ?

I believe Moratti and Inter fans would disagree.

Jose is the only person in the world who can handle Abramovich, the fans, the players and the press and still get results.

Inter fans would disagree with what? That he rebuilt their squad? Most notably he signed Ricardo Queresma, Wesley Sneidjer, Samuel Eto'o and Diego Milito. Can't particularly recall anyone else.

Inter fans would disagree with what? That he rebuilt their squad? Most notably he signed Ricardo Queresma, Wesley Sneidjer, Samuel Eto'o and Diego Milito. Can't particularly recall anyone else.

They would, I've disscused this with my mate (an Inter fan) dozens of times. Those players you've mentioned (apart from the Portuegese) were the ones that became their most important players during their Treble winning season. Those players made their teammates better and improved the team enormously. Those players made the difference.

"The trainer (mourinho) was at the center of attention ahead of this weekend's 2-0 derby win over Atletico, entering the pitch 40 minutes before kickoff to let the fans jeer him, and the 61-year-old feels the former Chelsea manager is only thinking about himself.

"The only winner of that action was Mourinho. But the president knew what to expect when he brought him to Madrid. He has already shown at his previous clubs that he thinks about himself first," he told La Xarxa.

They would, I've disscused this with my mate (an Inter fan) dozens of times. Those players you've mentioned (apart from the Portuegese) were the ones that became their most important players during their Treble winning season. Those players made their teammates better and improved the team enormously. Those players made the difference.

There's a big difference between buying a bunch of players already in their prime and building a squad based on a mix of youth and experience. Mourinho is an amazing manager with great man-management skills and a genius tactician, but he's not someone who rebuilds a team based on a philosophy and youth players. Mourinho is the perfect manager if you want instant success, but not for the long-term.

But it's hard to judge how good he would be if he was a long-term manager at a club because he leaves before you get the chance to see. Mourinho was amazing with us before but that doesn't mean he will be a success if he was our manager again. Our aims are completely different than they were back then. We're trying to become a stable club with a long-term vision.

That is not rebuilding the squad though, thats only 3 players not exactly 7-10 or more players. More refreshing the squad than rebuilding it.

What about Lucio? had hugh part in their season and a player Mourinho bought. He changed alot in their squad and game. And its not like we need 'rebuilding', we need few more players in, like he did with Real.

But it's hard to judge how good he would be if he was a long-term manager at a club because he leaves before you get the chance to see. Mourinho was amazing with us before but that doesn't mean he will be a success if he was our manager again. Our aims are completely different than they were back then. We're trying to become a stable club with a long-term vision.

I'm not worried about Mourinho or anyone building a team. He didn't even build the team last time. Terry, Makalele, Lampard, Duff and Cole were there before Mourinho. Other that were bought without Mourinho even knowing who they were. That's what most managers do at top clubs. They have a core of a team and maybe bring a couple of players they know with them and go out and get another player or two they feel fits the team 's needs. We have the core of a team anyway, it's not like we need to go out and bring in 10 new players.

I don't think Mourinho fits with Chelsea for a lot of reasons. Mostly, because Roman wants to play a specific brand of attacking football and Mourinho is not the coach to bring that. The players we've bought recently also don't fit into Mourinho-style football. I think Mourinho will either go to City or PSG as they both fit his profile (a team that has spent a ton of money and is in great position to succeed.)