The Mourinho Thread

Wouldn't an EPL+Carling Cup trophy only reinforce his ultra conservative and reactive approach more? I mean trophies/reward reinforces what we believe, and it makes our beliefs stronger. At the end of the season Mou will look at this season as very succesful, he won two trophies. So he will continue to do what he has been doing.

I hope i am wrong though.

It would certainly reinforce my ultra strong belief in Jose Mourinho. I wish more people could see it my way, we'd be a happier camp, but viewpoints are what they are.

Sorry, but even Mourinho knows that winning the PL these days is nothing special. It won't reinforce his believes. Only winning CL will. That , and only that will make him fill special again. And rant about refs a bit less.

It will take something drastic like an abramovich intervention, giving him a mandate to play the sort of football that is befitting a team of our status and resources. And even then, im honestly not sure jose is capable of it. Some People fail to realise that any idiot can play/coach disjointed,poorly rehearsed, lacklustre gungho football but only select few managers are actually capable of coaching well cordinated, precise,creative attacking football consistently and then have the conviction to stick to it and perfect it.

Even if jose wins the champions league and is given a mandate to change his approach, im not so sure he's capable of going toe to toe with the big teams in the big games playing high quality attacking football

And even if by surprise, he's able to deliver such football, the moment it goes wrong or appears to not be going according to plan his natural instinct will kick in and he will revert to his comfort zone anyway. Either way, the sort of football people are demanding isn't going to happen under jose.

With all due respect, but this is a bunch of crap. The PL will not be important to you but it is for me and for many people, and was the priority this season. We have five years without to win it and that's way too long.

No, what laura meant was the premier league is the worst it's ever been, quality wise and winning it is a case of being the best of a bad bunch which diminishes it's value somewhat. A point of view I tend to agree with.

It will take something drastic like an abramovich intervention, giving him a mandate to play the sort of football that is befitting a team of our status and resources. And even then, im honestly not sure jose is capable of it. Some People fail to realise that any idiot can play/coach disjointed,poorly rehearsed, lacklustre gungho football but only select few managers are actually capable of coaching well cordinated, precise,creative attacking football consistently and then have the conviction to stick to it and perfect it.

Even if jose wins the champions league and is given a mandate to change his approach, im not so sure he's capable of going toe to toe with the big teams in the big games playing high quality attacking football

And even if by surprise, he's able to deliver such football, the moment it goes wrong or appears to not be going according to plan his natural instinct will kick in and he will revert to his comfort zone anyway. Either way, the sort of football people are demanding isn't going to happen under jose.

What a load of shite.

Unless next season I am proven wrong, the only reason why we don't play such flowing football is because the players in some positions are inadequate for what we need, at least now.

For example, we need a high line to play offensive football, and against bigger sides that press us that becomes a problem, which is why we retreat, imo. Our youngest lineup possible is passable but firstly he never plays Azpi and Luis together, and Ivanovic causes severe weaknesses on our defence, especially when it's Cahill who is exposed. (Azpi-Zouma-Terry-Luis) and to fix this we need a new fullback to act as second choice to Azpi/Luis and a fast centre back to pair with Zouma against such sides.

Another is that Matic is being left with too much work to do in midfield, I noticed that only when Oscar came on in our last match in a 4-3-3 that midfield stopped getting raped... but I think that only Koke or Pogba could improve this area of midfield, but with a high line this would have the effect of taking pressure off the mid.

What a load of shite.

Unless next season I am proven wrong, the only reason why we don't play such flowing football is because the players in some positions are inadequate for what we need, at least now.

For example, we need a high line to play offensive football, and against bigger sides that press us that becomes a problem, which is why we retreat, imo. Our youngest lineup possible is passable but firstly he never plays Azpi and Luis together, and Ivanovic causes severe weaknesses on our defence, especially when it's Cahill who is exposed. (Azpi-Zouma-Terry-Luis) and to fix this we need a new fullback to act as second choice to Azpi/Luis and a fast centre back to pair with Zouma against such sides.

Another is that Matic is being left with too much work to do in midfield, I noticed that only when Oscar came on in our last match in a 4-3-3 that midfield stopped getting raped... but I think that only Koke or Pogba could improve this area of midfield, but with a high line this would have the effect of taking pressure off the mid.

well, isn't that Mourinho's fault

he's had 4 windows now to shape his squad

well, isn't that Mourinho's fault

he's had 4 windows now to shape his squad

Well,,, this team was an absolute disgrace 4 windows ago...

It's really funny all that talk about winning the Premiere it's not that good, or we need to improve if we want to win the CHampions... but the reality is that this team had no quality at all, the person that built the team did an awful job, and Chelsea was fighting for a CHampions League spot at that time (we were just like Arsenal).

By the way without Mourinho the titles won and the level of game in the last 6 years was really bad also. It's really cool to look at the future... 2 years ago you were thanking Benitez because he won a minor title and he could do an Arsenal on League.

If United continues to spend 200M£ without selling players every season you need to start asking the club to spend something like that on the team (and not 30M£ per season like in the last 2) because it's imposible to fight regularly with a team that spends 5 or 6 times the money you are spending.

What a load of shite.

First off it's the managers responsibility and duty to recognise and fix the inadequacies of his team and he's had two full seasons to do so that's after making empty and boastful promises of seeking to play more attacking football. He even said we have no other choice but to play attacking football due to the type and profile of players we have which contradicts your point and his actions so far.

Now how did riijkard and guardiola barca manage to play highline and free flowing football with puyol (jt lite) as the main CB. Mertasacker and koscienly are no quicker or more suitable to playing highline than jt and cahill/zouma. Fernando hiero and riofor madrid and utd respectively werent exactly pacy either. The way I see it, your argument is just a load of excuses.

our squad is sufficient enough to play better football than we have done thos season and if jose was a manager capable of playing such football, he would have found a way

People complaining abt out style of play. Why?

Said style of play has us 6 pts clear w/ a game in hand & a lg cup

Because the club has invested enough money to guarantee a brand of football that shouldn't rely on luck and on the class of a single player in Hazard week in, week out.

Because the club has invested enough money to guarantee a brand of football that shouldn't rely on luck and on the class of a single player in Hazard week in, week out.

Where is that money in Mourinho era? Because we spent less money than Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal in the last 2 seasons (the difference between what we bought and our sells)... and we are not only the team with the best evolution but also the best team in the country.

You can moan what you want, but this is the reality.

Where is that money in Mourinho era? Because we spent less money than Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal in the last 2 seasons (the difference between what we bought and our sells)... and we are not only the team with the best evolution but also the best team in the country.

You can moan what you want, but this is the reality.

Why do only the last 2 seasons matter? Excuse me Mourinho was given a full squad instead of only 2 or 3 players. The mere reason we haven't spent much money during Mou's second time here is because we have had good enough players already in the team before Mou arrived that we then sold to make money and room for "Mou players".

SAD but true I think