The Mourinho Thread

Mourinho on integrating young players into the first team...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/21/jose-mourinho-chelsea-youth-fa-cup-final-hull

Can agree and understand where he's coming from. However, on the other hand, can't help but to feel he's talking BS at the same time. His idea that you can't really integrate youth players into the first team when you're challenging at the very top every year seems nonsensical. United (under Ferguson), Barcelona and Bayern Munich have always challenged for the big honours every year and yet, that hasn't stop them from bringing young players through. Also, curious to know his definition of 'ready'. Does he mean like ready ready OR ready only when he feels there's no risk in the game/the game has been won for the player to come on for the last 5/10 minutes? Maybe I'm just being highly skeptical of his poor/average record in promoting academy player but it feels almost as if he explained all of that just to make himself look less bad on that front.

I think it's genuine words what he says. I can also understand it because not only the club has high demands but Mourinho himself wants to win titles as well.

My opinion is that he is overly cautious though. No one said that RLC needs to play vs Southampton on 1-1 score to integrate him. He could however play some minutes against Hull City for example...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/21/jose-mourinho-chelsea-youth-fa-cup-final-hull

Can agree and understand where he's coming from. However, on the other hand, can't help but to feel he's talking BS at the same time. His idea that you can't really integrate youth players into the first team when you're challenging at the very top every year seems nonsensical. United (under Ferguson), Barcelona and Bayern Munich have always challenged for the big honours every year and yet, that hasn't stop them from bringing young players through. Also, curious to know his definition of 'ready'. Does he mean like ready ready OR ready only when he feels there's no risk in the game/the game has been won for the player to come on for the last 5/10 minutes? Maybe I'm just being highly skeptical of his poor/average record in promoting academy player but it feels almost as if he explained all of that just to make himself look less bad on that front.

Mourinho can't kid us anymore. LOL, it's not a nazi camp, there's Internet and Television when we watch many big teams that can bring players through. Very recent example, PSG brought their Academy product, Adrien Rabiot, when they needed to score in the last 10 minutes. Mourinho can't even imagine that situation of course, but you can do this and this Academy player can actually help you like Rabiot helped PSG to go through. How does that compare to bringing RLC on (for example) to help you to score vs Southampton AT HOME, who also would replace very poor players that day like Oscar/Willian/Fabregas to bringing Rabiot on, in the last 10 minutes when you need a goal in a knock-out competition, playing AWAY in a competition where owners demands are huge and at stake is manager's head ? Jose's thinking is broken if he thinks that Academy players can't help.

Mourinho basically said what I've been thinking for a long time - the demands from young players from the Academy here are bigger than first team players ... For real, if he says "The level of demand is high. The pressure is big. It is not the same to play in a club where people just accept a so-so performance, or a so-so result" so what exactly players like Oscar, Willian, Ivanovic, Cahill do in the first XI if we don't accept so-so performance ?? Again, Academy player can't play so-so, they have to set the world on fire from the beginning while many of first XI can play poor and they still play and still play. Total bullshit.

And the last thing from me, you can't introduce players when you chase result, that's his thinking right, fair enough, but you can introduce them when you're winning comfortably ? So let's bring RLC on when we're winning 3:0. But of course RLC isn't even on the bench. If you don't have youngsters at least on the bench your intentions are that you don't give a fuck to introduce them. Otherwise, you would find a way to find a one spot on the bench. Others managers somehow do this, he can't, unless there's injury crisis.

Overall, utter utter BS.

Changed our pressing at HT and it worked wonders as we were so much better in the second half.

Zouma sub was also spot on. He won all the first balls in the air that Matic was losing in the first half and prevented Hull from putting any pressure on us.

Tbh United and Fergie were living off the golden generation a bit.

The only players he really promoted from academy in after Fletcher in 2003 was Cleverly and Welbeck and that was only after they proved themselves on loan. Bar the Da Silva brother's no one was really promoted from scratch,.ie no prior first team experience.

My god.

lets be honest this has been unMourinho like, I love the guy from his time here with us the first time, we would never give away leads the way we are doing at the moment. For about 30 min Mou was tactically outclassed by Steve Bruce. It just feels his a shadow of his former self hope I am wrong thgh

Tbh he is a great motivator too as seen by our fired up performance after half time. That is a positive thing.

However, this match also shows his clearest limitation, HE CANNOT COACH PROPER FLUENT FOOTBALL. This is something I think we have to accept now and never dream of changing, because he can't, he doesn't know how to. It is always either very strong defensively with bad attacking or all out attacking like today and being terrible defensively. This is something he cannot and will not ever be as good as Klopp or Pep, or Ancelotti for our 09-10 side.

I am happy with him, next season lets try to get more youngsters in the team and have a proper go at CL.

lets be honest this has been unMourinho like, I love the guy from his time here with us the first time, we would never give away leads the way we are doing at the moment. For about 30 min Mou was tactically outclassed by Steve Bruce. It just feels his a shadow of his former self hope I am wrong thgh

That's your opinion fair enough, it's just the fraud bit that was uneasy with me.

Tbh he is a great motivator too as seen by our fired up performance after half time. That is a positive thing.

However, this match also shows his clearest limitation, HE CANNOT COACH PROPER FLUENT FOOTBALL. This is something I think we have to accept now and never dream of changing, because he can't, he doesn't know how to. It is always either very strong defensively with bad attacking or all out attacking like today and being terrible defensively. This is something he cannot and will not ever be as good as Klopp or Pep, or Ancelotti for our 09-10 side.

I am happy with him, next season lets try to get more youngsters in the team and have a proper go at CL.

We played superb fluent football for the most part of the season in the first half, some off our football was the best we played since the double.

The difference between us and the rest dus far is we can roll our sleeves up and do it the not so pretty way aswell.

Tbh United and Fergie were living off the golden generation a bit.

The only players he really promoted from academy in after Fletcher in 2003 was Cleverly and Welbeck and that was only after they proved themselves on loan. Bar the Da Silva brother's no one was really promoted from scratch,.ie no prior first team experience.

Doesn't matter, does it? We have a few players out on loan and we want some of them to make the first team too, don't we?

Never mind coaching attacking football, I want to know why are we doing things that are very un-Mourinho.

- Our defence has gone to pieces in 2015 and yet nothing has changed. We've been making the same mistakes over and over and over again.

- For a side filled with tall and big physical players, we aren't scoring enough from set pieces. In fact, we can't even take a proper corner/free kick without hitting the first man! We need to study Atletico Madrid.

- Can't barely score from counter attacks despite having some quick players. Can't even remember the last time we scored from a counter!

Those aspects are usually the 3 strongest points (strong defence, a threat from set pieces, deadly on the counter) of any Mourinho team and yet, we don't even resemble any of them right now.

Winning this Premier League and then analyze the season calmly.

Very strange match. At first we controlled the tempo. Then in one minute we have complicated our life and we almost sunk terribly. After the break we cut the hemorrhaging momentarily but in the end it was all crazy.

It is as if after the elimination in the Champions League we have sunk morally.

The only good thing today was the result. The pated by the national teams we will come perfect for us. We need to relax, to calm down and reflect.

Today is not the day to kill anyone.

Regards.

Doesn't matter, does it? We have a few players out on loan and we want some of them to make the first team too, don't we?

Well we did similar with Sturridge, I remember people saying how great Fergie was with youth and we should follow his example with Cleverly and Welbeck conviently forgetting we did exactly the same for Danny.

If say Ake goes on loan like they did and proved his PL pedigree im sure he would come back to us and play.