The Mourinho Thread

IMO Supporter is the best member on the site atm, always positive and keeps things in perspective when we drop points. His knowledge is impressive especially when talking about La Liga. The guys passionate and i like that.

There is a fine line between staying positive and turning into TY the Arsenal fan from Arsenal Fan TV

There is a fine line between staying positive and turning into TY the Arsenal fan from Arsenal Fan TV

thats true.

by the way, were not u the guy who said something along the line of "fuck jose blah blah blah" just after the line ups came out for the league cup final. well, it puts things into perspective.

also, i would take TY over claude

Mourinho on integrating young players into the first team...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/21/jose-mourinho-chelsea-youth-fa-cup-final-hull

“If they are good enough and if they are ready, yes,” he said. “It is important but this club is very demanding. It is a club where it is not easy to play football. The level of demand is high. The pressure is big. It is not the same to play in a club where people just accept a so-so performance, or a so-so result or people accept that you finish fifth, sixth, seventh or eighth. This is not the best habitat for a young player to be developed. It is not the best one.”

“For a player to play in the Chelsea first team, they must be ready,” Mourinho said. “There is no space with this level of demand and responsibility and pressure, there is no space for a player that is not ready. For example, when did I play Solanke? I played Solanke while winning 5-0 against Maribor, in a competition where we qualified easily in the group phase. I cannot play Solanke against Southampton with 30 minutes to go and the score at 1-1. I can’t.”

But when can they play? “I work them, I bring them to the first-team squad every day when I feel the level is almost there, to try to make the player ready,”

Can agree and understand where he's coming from. However, on the other hand, can't help but to feel he's talking BS at the same time. His idea that you can't really integrate youth players into the first team when you're challenging at the very top every year seems nonsensical. United (under Ferguson), Barcelona and Bayern Munich have always challenged for the big honours every year and yet, that hasn't stop them from bringing young players through. Also, curious to know his definition of 'ready'. Does he mean like ready ready OR ready only when he feels there's no risk in the game/the game has been won for the player to come on for the last 5/10 minutes? Maybe I'm just being highly skeptical of his poor/average record in promoting academy player but it feels almost as if he explained all of that just to make himself look less bad on that front.

Mourinho on integrating young players into the first team...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/21/jose-mourinho-chelsea-youth-fa-cup-final-hull

Can agree and understand where he's coming from. However, on the other hand, can't help but to feel he's talking BS at the same time. His idea that you can't really integrate youth players into the first team when you're challenging at the very top every year seems nonsensical. United (under Ferguson), Barcelona and Bayern Munich have always challenged for the big honours every year and yet, that hasn't stop them from bringing young players through. Also, curious to know his definition of 'ready'. Does he mean like ready ready OR ready only when he feels there's no risk in the game/the game has been won for the player to come on for the last 5/10 minutes? Maybe I'm just being highly skeptical of his poor/average record in promoting academy player but it feels almost as if he explained all of that just to make himself look less bad on that front.

Well he's jus making those comments just to downplay any fail chances he gives to RLC next season.

Like I said, all talk and no show this men when it comes to youth.