The Mourinho Thread

Tbf he probably had Zouma down as another Salah too before he came in and impressed. Other than that yh not much unexpected changes have been made, maybe some people were expecting Ivan to be dropped/move to CB once Felipe signed but it looks like that is not going to happen now.

Overall I think this season that is acceptable because he has to win the title to relive some pressure on himself. But from next season I am sure lot of other Blue fans also want to see him introduce MORE youngsters into the team to at least show he cares about the future and not just his personal glory in the short term.

Zoumas a case In point, he took the limited chances he got and impressed enough to turn them into regular games. At the start of the season every single member of our squad bar Mark Schwarzer knew they were going to get a chance in some capacity and it's up to them to make use of it.

If you look the league table again and again, 6 points gap from the 2nd place with a game in hand and 9/10 games remaining actually quite pretty if you think about it

Could still do a MU/Liverpool and bottle it :P

Zoumas a case In point, he took the limited chances he got and impressed enough to turn them into regular games. At the start of the season every single member of our squad bar Mark Schwarzer knew they were going to get a chance in some capacity and it's up to them to make use of it.

Yeah I guess but it hasn't always been equal though. For example a defender will much more likely get a chance to impress than an attacker. For example Zouma came on for 10 mins or something and we kept a cleansheet=>he did well. While someone like Cuadrado/Salah comes on for 10 mins and they are expected to score/assist in that amount of time to be considered a success in that match.

If you look the league table again and again, 6 points gap from the 2nd place with a game in hand and 9/10 games remaining actually quite pretty if you think about it

I remember people saying the same thing when we had an 8 point lead going into december. It can vanish very quickly, and every point lost is gonna be costly, make no mistake about that. With some big games coming up where we will drop points we have very little room for error.

The one thing i don't want us to do is win the title by default with 84 points or something simply because all the rest were shit. It would be a shame after such a good start and a little blemish on our title at the same time

I remember people saying the same thing when we had an 8 point lead going into december. It can vanish very quickly, and every point lost is gonna be costly, make no mistake about that. With some big games coming up where we will drop points we have very little room for error.

The one thing i don't want us to do is win the title by default with 84 points or something simply because all the rest were shit. It would be a shame after such a good start and a little blemish on our title at the same time

Now that is December, I agree 8 points at that time was nothing, but hey, now it is near the end of March. Also City's form currently much worse than ever. Of course anything can still happen, and I agree we must not getting carried away. But we're almost there now.

City had a very easy run in at the time, we didn't. Now they don't, it's very different.

I understand what you're saying but I would definitely settle for being the best of a not especially brilliant bunch, not least because I don't think we are brilliant. Come what may I'd like us to make a big effort to improve the squad in the summer. If we can do that from a position of strength as champions, even champions that only just limped over the line, it would be great.

Mourinho said this:

"I think we are getting great credibility with players we sell because we sell good players. Let's see what happens."

As much as it sucks to see players we sell do good, that's one thing you have to look at the positive.

That we are selling good players not crappy.

We did that a couple of seasons ago to Hamburg and that was a horrible buy for that club.

If teams see that players we sell tend to do good they more then likely will take a change to buy from us.

So that's the positive aspect of this.

I just hope that someone is really stupid enough to buy Oscar for a big fee.

Mourinho said this:

"I think we are getting great credibility with players we sell because we sell good players. Let's see what happens."

As much as it sucks to see players we sell do good, that's one thing you have to look at the positive.

That we are selling good players not crappy.

We did that a couple of seasons ago to Hamburg and that was a horrible buy for that club.

If teams see that players we sell tend to do good they more then likely will take a change to buy from us.

So that's the positive aspect of this.

yes that should make it easier to sell Eden and Courtois :ph34r:

I'd gladly take that tbh. The last impressive champions were Utd in 2011, so it would be nothing new. And it has been five years since the last title, that's too long.

Just win the league and build on that.

I'd gladly take that tbh. The last impressive champions were Utd in 2011, so it would be nothing new. And it has been five years since the last title, that's too long.

Offcourse i'll take it as well, but it shouldn't happen but if we loose points were we shouldn't this seasons ending could get very scrappy and i wouldn't like seeing it happen

2011? that year was a horrible year, the fact we finished 2nd despite not having a real convincing performance (even the early games were closer than the scores suggested) says it all.

2011? that year was a horrible year, the fact we finished 2nd despite not having a real convincing performance (even the early games were closer than the scores suggested) says it all.

I was talking about the champions alone. Reaching the CL final and all.