The Mourinho Thread

Supporter, you've outdone yourself this time mate, great post.

Regarding Mata. I'd like to see him come home, but I think that it depends on many factors. FOR EXAMPLE: Unless we are playing a really small team, we could not play Fabregas and Mata together. However, he's played in our team where we had far less skill than we did now, he had a free role, but the one issue is that Hazard has the same role, so I imagine that to accomodate that, our CM set up would be a b2b/DM rather than DLP/DM. Cesc does need to be rested, of course, and he could be a really good option, especially if we offload Oscar, which I hate to say but I can see it happening tbh unless he stops sitting back. Koke is probably first choice to be a backup, though, considering that he's more of a DLP, therefore a more direct replacement for Cesc. I loved Juan, though...him coming back would be amazing.

I think that in the case of Mikel and Ramires, though, we should have more faith in Ake and RLC. IMO, (I know many would disagree) in our system, RLC and Ake are both better than their counterparts already, imo, especially in the case of RLC. Ramires is a BWM, which is not something that we are in need of. RLC on the other hand is a B2B, and if we DID bring Mata back or we played Cesc more advanced, he could give those driving runs that Yaya does for Silva and City. Midfield experience is needed, though, and I think that for DM, Ake should continue his development on loan, and similarly, we loan maybe an older player to be the backup of Matic. Not sure who a good candidate would be, though. If RLC learns how to shoot outside of the box, I think he could be our next Lampard, this is something we lack, and due to this, often we are caught on the very outside of the box and we knock it about to try and find an opening within the 9 bodies there.

Regarding Cech and our centre back pairings: I worry for Varane, I really do. He did not look good vs Schalke. IMO, it might be worth getting John Stones instead... Otherwise I think Kalas would be good enough for us. As you say, we should be playing Azpi-Luis in fullback, it is waste to have him benched. Ivan should be a CB/RB backup for us next season, unless RM or PSG put in an offer we can't refuse. But I think the priority for us should be a quick defence, because the attacking system we wish to employ requires quick defenders. Kalas can do this, with Zouma. Which leads me onto the issue of Cech. I think that, as JT declines, we're going to have to play a centre back pairing with less experience than we have with JT now, which is why I believe Jose will try his best to keep him here. If he can't play JT he will want Cech to give that leadership element, which, ironically, I think means that the share of games between Thibaut and Cech will be more even next season. If Cech and JT both don't play, Cesc will be our next captain. Also, I think Cesc should not be playing CAM, he likes space and time to create, which is why Mata would be good when he doesn't play.

Finally, with Messi and Willian. I mean, it COULD happen...but I just don't see it. I think Willian will remain our starting winger here, who knows, without Iva behind him maybe he might surprise us, it must be intensely draining to have to mop up for Iva and then get up the field to attack within 15 seconds. If Messi came here, though.... I'd like to see Bamford return from loan, and I think Remy will go too. Drogs can be a Giggs-style player manager to make a few cameos in the season, milestones etc...

Courtois/Cech

Dave/Iva Zouma/Kalas JT/Stones Luis/Ake/Azpi

Cesc/Zouma/RLC Matic/Ake/(Loanee)

Mata/Messi/Cesc

Messi/Willian Hazard/Bamford

Diego/Bamford

Outs:

Oscar

Remy

Ramires

Mikel

Cahill(?)

^^^This team would be a personal favourite. Forgot to mention, if we stick Zouma in midfield then having 4 normal centre backs is not a bad shout. When Mata's in the team, it would tighten up the mid and might be a sensible change.

Cheers.

Hi friend!

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, I too would be delighted to see Mata back home with us. I think that now he would fit perfectly into our style of play and would be a perfect replacement for Fabregas.

We have to think about rotate our players. It is impossible to reach either end of the season are 11 or 12 players. If we recover Mata I think he could help Fabregas or play on the left side if the suits that position.

His departure was strange but we all agreed what Mata did for us. I believe that his return would not be a problem. Quite the opposite, many of us we would be happy. Mata is a player Fabregas style, not the same, but a player with a philosophy of play

similarly.

Option 1.

Koke Matic

Fabregas

Option 2.

Fabregas Matic

Mata

Option 3.

Koke Matic

Mata

Option 4.

Koke Matic

Mata Fabregas

Regarding Varane, I think he is demoralized by the treatment they give in Madrid. Varane now represents something good from the legacy of Jose, and many want to renew contrary to Jose Pepe and sell Varane. For example, Sergio Ramos is now recovered from his injury and Varana will not play again until Ramos and Pepe is injured. It's a frustrating situation for him. Jose Varane can make a huge player.

But John Stones would be a fantastic choice. A young guy with an impressive maturity. It is a player to watch out for the future.

I think Ruben Loftus-Cheek is the jewel of gold of our Academy. I trust that RLC play in the last game this season. If he has minutes I'm sure we have a great player for the next decade.

And Messi is our greatest dream. I hope Barcelona win this season all possible titles so that Messi can leave Barcelona without polemics. I think when Messi had the problem with Luis Enrique (and started following us on Instagram) he and Barcelona agreed to a transfer in summer if Messi did not generate much controversy. Since then he plays more liberated.

Messi would be the culmination of the Roman project with us. a mediatic player that would make us grow in every way.

Regards.

Look, over the last few weeks he was pretty adventurous with Zouma ; but as soon as something went wrong — i.e. the game against PSG at the Bridge —, he went back to his deep shell and automatically returned, without any consideration, to his classical line-up : ivanovic-Cahill-Terry-Azpi-Matic-Fabregas-Willian-Oscar-Hazard-Costa.

Cahill, against Paris, produced one of the most embarrassing piece of defending that I have ever seen ; so embarrassing that even Terry got his mind messed up. And obviously, if that was not enough, it led to their goal... But of course he gets the nod ahead of Zouma, even though the later would have been a better fit in regards of his pace (and because he is simply better). You can add Oscar... He was so useless against Paris that he was subbed off at half time, yet he is still starting the next game (and played 80 minutes of that games). And that is the case for some other players.

Ultra-conservatism and a negative approach both in his tactics and his line-up ; as I said, he went back to his shell — because Mourinho is insecure and frail. If you ask me, it is all because of his spell in Madrid, and especially the last year. His results at Madrid have been lukewarm in comparison of what he achieved at Porto, Inter and Chelsea. Of course his last two seasons at Chelsea were not that great and he ended up to be sacked — but he was still the Special One and the young, shining and cocky manager. The difference is that in Spain medias were not buying that "Special One" thing ; and the fact that he "fail" have broken him, in my opinion.

And if you compare last season with this one, you can also grasp his frailness. Indeed, last season, when we had the excuse of the "transitional season" and "Torres", he had a security cushion to be "adventurous". We won twice against City, which was a better team than it is this season and the intensity and the will to score that we showcased in the away fixture was incredible. It was the same against Liverpool home and away, Soton away... And Arsenal at home, where we took full advantage of our numerical superiority — something we failed against Paris and City.

However, this year is a different story. Each time we meet a half-decent team, we merely resort to ultra-conservative and negative tactics ; we just give up on playing football all together (attack and defense). Mourinho is too much afraid to lose now that he has to win.

It is the same situation with his behaviour in the medias. Of course he has always been cocky, but this season it is more than assurance and pride, it is a wounded animal that defend himself by being overly aggressive.

Unfortunately, as long as he will not win trophies again on a "regular" basis, he will be that insecure manager that plays (or does not play) to not to lose. I though the League Cup would have given him back some life, but it seems the wound he has will need more than that to heal...

:clap: nothing but facts. Please post more.

Not surprised at all to seee Jose Jr let slip just how much Mourinho hates the fans.

:clap: nothing but facts. Please post more.

Not surprised at all to seee Jose Jr let slip just how much Mourinho hates the fans.

For God's sake, that's Jose Junior's account http://imagestun.com/hosting/kartinki/bcg9ikwwaa.jpg, not the one newspapers are reporting. Just check the username.

Jose Mourinho has always been a reactive/conservative manager, don't think it has anything to do with insecurity. The man strives when he is an underdog at his best and better then anyone when playing against the odds. Mou has never been as good in a position when he is a fav and that it demands him to be proactive. He has shown that through out his career.

It is no criticism, just like everyone else he has his weaknesses.

Supporter, you've outdone yourself this time mate, great post.

Courtois/Cech

Dave/Iva Zouma/Kalas JT/Stones Luis/Ake/Azpi

Cesc/Zouma/RLC Matic/Ake/(Loanee)

Mata/Messi/Cesc

Messi/Willian Hazard/Bamford

Diego/Bamford

Outs:

Oscar

Remy

Ramires

Mikel

Cahill(?)

^^^This team would be a personal favourite. Forgot to mention, if we stick Zouma in midfield then having 4 normal centre backs is not a bad shout. When Mata's in the team, it would tighten up the mid and might be a sensible change.

Cheers.

1. I don't understand why you would want to sell Ramires, he's a solid squad player and generally does the job asked of him..

2. I lost hope of Aké playing at Chelsea when Mourinho gave Zouma the chance to play as the "DM" in the league cup final

1. I don't understand why you would want to sell Ramires, he's a solid squad player and generally does the job asked of him..

2. I lost hope of Aké playing at Chelsea when Mourinho gave Zouma the chance to play as the "DM" in the league cup final

I really thought Ake had a chance .. Hope he gets a good move

Not playing Luis was terrible. Buying Cuadrado just to have such role for such big money is terrible. Not playing Remy more was questionable. Giving Ake #6, first team etc was plain bullshit from Mourinho. Ake should play more in certain games IMO if he was given place.

Sure first team members have performed, but there is no doubt Iva, Costa, Willian, Oscar should be dropped more. Mou fucked up in this department no doubt.

Benzema & Pepe being the main 2 springing to mind, should remind people that it's nothing new, players playing despite awful form. It is what it is with Mourinho and so fucking sadly it won't change

Not playing Luis was terrible. Buying Cuadrado just to have such role for such big money is terrible. Not playing Remy more was questionable. Giving Ake #6, first team etc was plain bullshit from Mourinho. Ake should play more in certain games IMO if he was given place.

Sure first team members have performed, but there is no doubt Iva, Costa, Willian, Oscar should be dropped more. Mou fucked up in this department no doubt.

If he was to play Ake and then Ake made a mistake that cost us the game, how many of you would blame Mourinho for the loss?

Also Mourinho made it clear that Cuadrado would have a bigger role next season.

If he was to play Ake and then Ake made a mistake that cost us the game, how many of you would blame Mourinho for the loss?

Also Mourinho made it clear that Cuadrado would have a bigger role next season.

It's not like our current midfielders are playing perfect football without any mistakes...we clearly need a burst in energy, someone fresh in midfield

And anyway, if Aké did make a mistake on the pitch, I'm sure he would learn from that and make a better decision next time (just like any other youngster in world football)

I wouldn't blame Mourinho, I would praise him for having the balls to play Aké