The Mourinho Thread

If that conversation is true, it doesn't surprise me one bit. I remember Florentino conference when he was saying goodbye to Mourinho. Previously when he parted ways with manager he usually used a strong words even discrediting his work and overall ability to manage such team like Real. And it was staring contrast to these others. He said about Mourinho that his work was fantastic, that he again put Real at appropriate place at European stage (remember that Real was 6 years without quarter-finals in the CL) and he thanked him greatly adding that doors for him are always open. He was sad that Mourinho has to leave but the situation was so tense at that time so there was no other way. But there was and is mutual respect and positivity between those two. Mourinho has a good relationship with all his bosses I think, even with Abramovich previously. Maybe only Pinto da Costa is bitter sometimes.

He's ours anyway. I hope that he'll sign a lifetime contract in the summer.

It is still just one season guys...no one need to get ahead of yourself. Look at Carlo, winning La Decima and then facing the sack barely a year later. Same with his time here when he won the double then we just somehow meltdown completely in the 2nd season. It is all good thinking about the long terms but with the way the modern world works just take it slowly and one at a time, not least we haven't won the league/CL...etc yet.

Stability and the day of a manager staying 20 years like Alex Ferguson is over, Mourinho is unlikely to be able to replicate that I don't think no matter how much we all want it. Pep for example can win the league by record amount of points in 2 weeks but if they get raped in CL again he will be seen as a failure overall in his time at Bayern and I suspect some of their fans would want him out too.

Also Klopp and Simeone, a couple of great seasons but now looks like going back down again. In a year Atletico might even be in relegation fight after another summer raid for Grizemann, Koke, Turan, Godin, Miranda...etc. Dortmund is the clearest example this season, who could have thought this 2 years ago?

But Mourinho is the one that stands out from all those you are talking about.

I was a bit sceptical about Mourinho's capacity to re-build a whole other brand of team here at Chelsea with a whole different style, he is proving he can atm so he can do anything. And honestly, i can feel he's staying for a long long times, minimum 6-7 years.

Florentino Perez has started thinking about Madrid post-Ancelotti and made a call to Mourinho about a possible return.
Perez made a call to Mourinho that last 15 minutes, congratulating him on his Capital One victory but found a tough response
Mourinho: "My wife is happy in London, my son is happy in London, my daughter is happy in London and I am happy in London."
Mourinho in conversation with Perez: "I won't coach in another country. My professional career ends in England."

I find that hard to believe. First it's impossible for such a private conversation to leak also Perez wouldn't be stupid or naive enough to want to bring him back or expect Jose to agree after the circumstances that led to his departure. Not only will he looked stupid, The madrid fans, players and media will destroy him.

Well, Madrid not really a Pentagon-like institution to keep their secrets under a vow. Spanish media is very close to the clubs, especially when it comes to the big ones. The fact that Sara Carbonero is Iker's wife makes me think that Telecinco knows everything happening inside the club at every hour of every day.

Yes but this was a phone call to Mourinho cell phone, not what was said in the locker room....

I find that hard to believe. First it's impossible for such a private conversation to leak also Perez wouldn't be stupid or naive enough to want to bring him back or expect Jose to agree after the circumstances that led to his departure. Not only will he looked stupid, The madrid fans, players and media will destroy him.

Jose would look stupid, that's the reason he refused Florentino's approach and indeed the media would destroy him once again. But I don't know about the fans. Take a survey around Bernabeu - you would be amazed of how many of them would welcome him back at the club.

He has 13 league titles with Manchester United. It seemed impossible at the time of doing never mind now that the league has become so competitive.

Ok if you are talking specifics then that is obviously very difficult. But in terms of becoming the dominant force in Englnd over the next 10 years or so is a very realistic possibility imo.

Ok if you are talking specifics then that is obviously very difficult. But in terms of becoming the dominant force in Englnd over the next 10 years or so is a very realistic possibility imo.

I can't see us or anyone else being in a position to claim a decade later that they were the definite dominant force all this time in terms of domestic success. I see titles changing hands more frequently than before. Maybe 2 or 3 together dominating. Us and City is the more likely scenario they way things look now.

But there is still the Champions League. If we do well enough there by winning it, or reaching semi/quarter finals consistently while every one else keep bottling it, then everyone will have to admit our superiority compared to other English clubs. So yeah, it can be done that way.

he's in route to winning his 3rd EPL title in 5 seasons with us. I can't see Arsenal or Liverpool becoming title contenders, so it's between us and the Manchester teams and we're way more stable than both are now. He may not win 13 EPL titles, but I think he could end up with a bunch of them if the club is really betting on stability.

Lets get this one before we start getting Nostradamus predicting the future and what not. If we get this one we have a platform to build from but first things first and lets not get carried away...

Anyway why he always takes a swipe at pep? In his recent pr he talks about pep because he has a 11 points gap.

Why is pep his biggest enemy?

Mourinho is extremely competitive and Guardiola is the only manager in the world who has a positive record against him. Then at Madrid just when Mourinho was starting to shift the tides, Pep ran away to Germany. That must have left a bitter taste of unfinished business.