The Mourinho Thread

I stopped reading after salah "the top class player".. :lol: :lol: :lol:. Shrewsbury and bradford matches showed exactly what class he is.

Not surprised thiugh. It's the samd group of (lets replace a word I really like with puppies) puppies, who just want to puppying moan about every puppying thing. Be it his team selection even before yhe match started, or players etc etc. U name it, they moan it.

Why is it that every other top teams in Europe with comparable transfer budget to ours are able to balance success with attacking style of play in big games but it's apparently an impossible mission for us to achieve. What's the point of buying and having array of technically sound players if we intend to continue parking the bus. Football is just as much about success as it is about entertainment. ultra defensive football is tolerable when we win like on Sunday but looks beyond ridiculous when we lose like against Atletico last season.

There's absolutely no empirical evidence that disproves the link between quality/attacking football and success. The idea that our chances of winning a big game is weaker with attacking football is a myth invented by those who support everything jose does blindly. If this is how we want to approach every big game moving forward then we should just replace the likes of fabregas,hazard et al with highly mechanical and efficient players who are more suited to a defensive style.

Haven't said that, in reality, we weren't ultra defensive on sunday especially after JT's goal, we counter attacked spurs at every opportunity and it being a final makes it more justifiable but the problem is this is how we always approach every big or semi big game under jose. There has to be a balance.

Spot on mate. But somehow people here believe that's either Arsenal fancy-pretty-passing-bottling way or defend deep with coming forward every 15 minutes-draw a set piece-Cahill's flick-winning way. Like if the teams like Atletico or Borussia not to name Bayern or Barcelona from recent past didn't exist. Teams that are very organised defensively while being very dangerous going forward. With balance closer to 50-50 than 80-20.

yap yap yap. The same was said about other younger players.

Do instead of talk.

Ha ha ! Jose ensures that everybody knows, every bird on trees of this world will hear that he's going to give youth a chance !

It's funny that he comes with things like this not even been question about it. Like if he wants to manipulate again, but who ? Us or poor Ruben ? But I hope that him saying things like that every 6-8 weeks to ensure that we don't forget about it means that he really gives extensive thoughts to that matter.

The whole KDB saga really highlights Jose's lack of flexibility as a coach; Tactically he's 2nd to none but his teams are too machine like for my liking. If one part is missing then the machine breaks down( that's why we're so dependent on certain players) we can't circumvent problems like Matic's ban or Fabregas getting injured because he doesn't know how integrate lesser players into the system and still have it ticking albeit with less efficiency.

When Jose was building his team he had a clear vision of the football he wanted to play and the pieces needed to execute it but his vision can only be realized with that ONE piece. If he's given a player with different qualities he will struggle to get the best out of said player. William isn't better than Sallah, Scurrle or KDB but he's more effective in the system.

If those three players had failed because they were shite I wouldn't have been bothered but when you let go of talent because of a manager's inability to adapt it hurts more.

The whole KDB saga was because he couldn't adapt.

KDB is at his best when he's the main man, and with Eden around he wasn't getting that role anytime soon.

What Jose always gets right is team balance, he has his cooks (Eden and Cesc), his destroyer (Matic), his work horses (Oscar and Willian) and his personality striker (Costa).

Kevin plays as a CAM, Hazard as a LW and they do fine together in national team, in fact Kevin is even better than Hazard for Belgium.

Kevin plays as a CAM, Hazard as a LW and they do fine together in national team, in fact Kevin is even better than Hazard for Belgium.

Wilmots must give him more freedom, something that at best one player gets under Jose and Eden is that one player and not even he is completely exempt from it.

I stopped reading after salah "the top class player".. :lol: :lol: :lol:. Shrewsbury and bradford matches showed exactly what class he is.

Not surprised thiugh. It's the samd group of (lets replace a word I really like with puppies) puppies, who just want to puppying moan about every puppying thing. Be it his team selection even before yhe match started, or players etc etc. U name it, they moan it.

You can throw the Oscar/Mikel rhetoric in there as well.

I dare anyone to point to one thread where I'm pissing and moaning about this 1st place club, its players, the management, the directors or the style of play.

What many need to realize is you're never gonna get things to be 100% to your liking, its impossible. When you can come to grips with that you may start to appreciate what you have a little more.

UP THE CHELS

The whole KDB saga really highlights Jose's lack of flexibility as a coach; Tactically he's 2nd to none but his teams are too machine like for my liking. If one part is missing then the machine breaks down( that's why we're so dependent on certain players) we can't circumvent problems like Matic's ban or Fabregas getting injured because he doesn't know how integrate lesser players into the system and still have it ticking albeit with less efficiency.

When Jose was building his team he had a clear vision of the football he wanted to play and the pieces needed to execute it but his vision can only be realized with that ONE piece. If he's given a player with different qualities he will struggle to get the best out of said player. William isn't better than Sallah, Scurrle or KDB but he's more effective in the system.

If those three players had failed because they were shite I wouldn't have been bothered but when you let go of talent because of a manager's inability to adapt it hurts more.

Can you point out one game where you thought "Wow KDB has really put in a shift here!"

He's not the type of player that works well in a balanced squad, he doesn't retain possession, can't defend and never puts in a tackle. The reason he is excelling in Germany is because that league is played at slower pace and it fits his style more. He's just another in a long list of players who works better in any league but England.

Guardiola?

Appearances for players aged 21 or under in the Bundesliga since Guardiola joined Bayern:

Lukas Raeder (2 appearances, 1 of those off the bench)

Ylli Sallahi (1 appearance)

Pierre Hojbjerg (8 appearances, 5 of those off the bench)

Mitchell Weiser (5 appearances, 3 of those off the bench)

Gianluca Gaudino (4 appearances, 3 of those off the bench)

Overall: 20 appearances, 12 of those off the bench.

Appearances for players aged 21 or under in the Premier League since Mourinho joined Chelsea:

John Swift (1 appearance off the bench)

Marco Van Ginkel (2 appearances off the bench)

Mohamed Salah (10 appearances, 4 of those off the bench) [13-14 season only as 22 this season]

Tomas Kalas (2 appearances, 1 of those off the bench)

Nathan Ake (1 appearance off the bench)

Kurt Zouma (8 appearances, 3 of those off the bench)

Ruben Loftus-Cheek (1 appearance off the bench)

Overall: 30 appearances, 13 of those off the bench.

Stats don't lie man, Jose isn't perfect but the stats prove he's better at integrating young players into the team than Pep.

Well said! I think the problem here is Lionsden is a xenophobe and of that list only two are english born. Though I'm sure Baker and Brown have made it into the matchday squads.

Guardiola?

Appearances for players aged 21 or under in the Bundesliga since Guardiola joined Bayern:

Lukas Raeder (2 appearances, 1 of those off the bench)

Ylli Sallahi (1 appearance)

Pierre Hojbjerg (8 appearances, 5 of those off the bench)

Mitchell Weiser (5 appearances, 3 of those off the bench)

Gianluca Gaudino (4 appearances, 3 of those off the bench)

Overall: 20 appearances, 12 of those off the bench.

Appearances for players aged 21 or under in the Premier League since Mourinho joined Chelsea:

John Swift (1 appearance off the bench)

Marco Van Ginkel (2 appearances off the bench)

Mohamed Salah (10 appearances, 4 of those off the bench) [13-14 season only as 22 this season]

Tomas Kalas (2 appearances, 1 of those off the bench)

Nathan Ake (1 appearance off the bench)

Kurt Zouma (8 appearances, 3 of those off the bench)

Ruben Loftus-Cheek (1 appearance off the bench)

Overall: 30 appearances, 13 of those off the bench.

Stats don't lie man, Jose isn't perfect but the stats prove he's better at integrating young players into the team than Pep.

sir, u just owned him!!!!

Well in part you also want some players you sell to do good, otherwise who would buy from us?

I think the mistake in KDB was not putting a buy back or even a first buyer refusal clasuse in it.