The Mourinho Thread

I'm I the only one who liked the way we played with a proper 4-3-3 with zouma in front of the defense and fabregas, ramires in front of zouma. This way hazard could spring a lot of our counters and have fabregas to cover the wing when he loses the ball. We didn't get used to it in the first half but we got better at it during the 2nd half.

Hope we continue the proper 4-3-3 in big games. We're too open in the big games with 4-2-3-1 when fabregas plays behind the striker (Everton, Liverpool ccup, PSG) and it looks like it'll help our counters better

Too small of a sample. It was like 30-35 min and playing with a 2-0 advantage (like you already said, the first half was poor). It's a different thing from the start at 0-0.

The whole debate about playing "quality football" and not winning vs winning with "boring" defensive tactics is soooooo overhyped.

I like to think of it this way. We would all LOVE to have the best sex of our lives with a supermodel, that's everyone's ideal scenario. Now if I was given a choice of having great foreplay with a hottie but no finish then walking home with blueballs OR having a quickie with a decent looking girl and a nice nap afterwards, I'm pretty sure I know what I would choose. Arsenal fans goes home with Blueballs every year, and I had a nice satisfying sleep last night. Thank you Mourinho!

:lol: :lol:

Someone give this man a medal! :D

Mourinho's dark age tactics are brought into perspective week after week, why couldnt we play against City the same way Lpool played?? And clearly Pool have a worse squad than ours

Why don't you go support Liverpool? Its clear you prefer their style to ours.

Its hard to calm down when the manager makes game losing decisions like playing fucking 6 defenders, last time we played that shit we lost 3-1

How did you enjoy the crow you ate yesterday? Did you put salt on it?

Leave the management decisions to Jose, he knows best.

Let me say this i was always confident in a victory. Or should i say i was confident in Spuds bottleing it. Set piece goal or an own goal, i expected a combination but it suprised me to see both.

But the way we won was disgraceful, we showed to much respect to a mid-table team. We parked the bus against Spuds and played like a small team against spuds. Let that sink in.

I don't feel any joy in this victory, win at all cost is a principle i just can't get behind.

Some people just can't ever be satisfied. They don't even know what they want... City play probably the most expansive football in the league, why are you a Chelsea fan? If you want all out attack there are better teams to follow than Chelsea.

Been on this forum for years, can't believe i am still suprised by these childish replays.

Let me remained you this i watch football to be entertained, and i hope all of you do the same because it is only rational reason to watch compitition sports. A football club responsibility is to entertain their fans, because this is why we pay them with our time and money. This is an unequivalent truth that no one should forget. Forgeting this is like a a public company shareholder forgeting that the company unequivalent responsibility is to them.

We beated a mid-table team, while playing a small team tactic. Simple down to the truth.

A midtable team that are 1 of 3 who beat us all year. What you've proven with this and you other posts is you prefer style to substance. Fortunately Jose understands that teams aren't remembered for making 780 successful passes or because they work all the beautiful 1-2's into scoring chances. Teams are remembered in history for WINNING and no amount of beautiful, free flowing attacking football and ever replace the feeling I get when we win in a cup final.

You really should consider following another team, Jose is here to stay and so long as the trophies keep rolling in I don't see a reason to change our approach to big games.

Im not usually one for making post's like this, but he almost always disappears after a good result and only really posts here to whinge after a bad result or seeing a lineup he doesn't like.

I didn't recall him posting atall for the first few months off the season, then we lose to Newcastle and like magic he returned :rolleyes:

I never really liked that guy since he admitted he was Jahfaking (Fake Jamaican)

For Fuck sake Mourinho u can just go fuck yourself, wtf is Cahill doing in midfield??? Parking the bus against fucking Spurs?? This is beyond disgusting

There is one thing saying, 'This is a very risky line-up, but we will see what Jose has in mind' and one thing moaning and bitching about something that hasn't happened, as if it already has. If anything your post would have made more sense if you complained like that after/if we lost. This is a disgraceful post, showing clearly you don't remember anything that Mourinho has done for this club. Mourinho has earned the right to be trusted at the very, very least for his line-up. If you think its too risky then fine, but bitching and cursing as if we've already lost the match is beyond ridiculous.

You and people like you who behaved this way before a single minute of the match was played have no right to celebrate that victory.

Too small of a sample. It was like 30-35 min and playing with a 2-0 advantage (like you already said, the first half was poor). It's a different thing from the start at 0-0.

The first half was clearly about us getting used to the tactics while surviving tottenham pressing. After the break they didn't create jack even when they attacked more and we didn't park the bus till 6mins left.

This was a complete contrast to how we've been playing when we go one up against all the big teams this season. I clearly noticed how fabregas covered for Hazard when he was left high up and ramires covered for Willian. It was because of the 3 in the middle with fabregas on the left side instead of a pivot with fabregas in the centre trying to press and failing.

I know it was one match but I really saw a clear tactical difference imo, Willian was sending long passes through to hazard and fabregas was spreading to ivanovic. The only problem is we need to play with it more often so that we get used some counter-attacking pattern

Whenever you're ready, we're all waiting!

Sorry I didnt know we are all yes man and we are supposed to follow one school line of thought??? This is a discussion forum not a propaganda site were one person's beliefs are forced on to the masses. I dont like Mourinho's brand of football but fair enough to him its showing results as witnessed by last night's win. But dont be naive and think that nothing could have gone wrong with his call last night, Spurs were clearly the better side in the 1st half and were unlucky to go down just before half time. We got the result yes, Mourinho proved me wrong yes, but that doesnt mean my argument was without credit, you come here and attack me with out any logical reason, just attacking me for not following the same train of thought u have?? Like I said this is a discussion forum and everyone has the right to their opinion which everyone must respect just the same way I respect your thoughts on Mourinho.

Just to end at the end of the day regardless of what you might think of me I am a Chelsea Fan and I love my club whether you approve it or not or whether Benitez, Mourinho, Avram Grant, Vialli, Glenn Hoddle is in charge.

3amxdbj.png

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yos

Well im only doing what I promised because I am a man of my words,laugh at me all you want but this is not a Nazi forum were we are supposed to follow one man's school of thought. Yes we won last night and Mourinho proved me wrong, but that does not make me a criminal for criticising his team line up. Its a discussion forum and we are all entitled to different line of thoughts which we all have to respect regardless of them being right or wrong. Lets say we had lost last night I would never have come out glotting to you that I was right about the line up because at the end of the day we are all Chelsea fans and we want the best for the team